What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green

Kornstar

Coach
If i were Blake Green, i would walk into the office and ask them to rip up my contract for next year, if they are looking at Finch and Rudder ahead of an up and coming player who has earnt the right at first shot at 5/8th next year, then they are kidding themselves!!

What the hell is wrong with Fitzy and Hagan?????? Have they not seen that Finch is erratic and only shows glimpses of promise? Morris would have been a better option!! He shows glimpses of promise but as much as i do not really like Morris, he isn't the little sooky brat that Finch is, he doesn't blame everyone else when he does something wrong!!!

As for Rudder, if they are signing him for anything else other than to fill Blake Green's spot in P/L next year, then we seriously need a clean out of our board as well!!!!!

The problem i see is that yes, Green will obviously have the chance to play 5/8th next year, but let's face it, if Hagan is a fan of Finch then the only way we are going to see Blake play in firsts next year will be if Timmy or Finch are injured and as far as i am concerned that is not what Blake deserves!!!

Blake has done his apprenticeship, he imo opinion is the second best half option at the club, yet we have continually played the likes of Jeremy, Marcus and Morris ahead of him in either P/L or first grade. Why the hell did he stay at the club who has treated him poorly imo????????

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
Why the hell did he stay at the club who has treated him poorly imo????????

Maybe he has more information as to what the club is considering next year than what we do. Remember that at this stage Rudder and Finch are only being mentioned as options. The newspaper reports that some Eels officials are questioning the decision to sign Finch so it may not yet happen. That said Rudder may not happen yet either. Lets ride out the storm and deal with what happens on the other side when we know what is there....

Gronk

Staff member
They need Finch because you cant rely on two rookies to be the cornerstone of your team. If they are all you have and simply fail at the top grade then your season is over from the go. The club invest something in the order of $10M per year in having a successful team. They make decissions to ensure the best possible success. If that means that Blake gets upset because he doesn't have a dream run to firsts, then welcome to the real world Blake.

Kornstar

Coach
I know i should be patient, but i am sure you can understand my frustration?

I have been watching Blake for years, watching him carry our lower grade teams and i do not like where it looks like we may be headed. I personally think he deserves better.

You are right though, he may know more than us, but he signed 2 weeks ago, we have only just started talking to Finch and possibly Rudder, in the last few days......it can't do much for his confidence can it?

Kornstar

Coach
Gronk said:
They need Finch because you cant rely on two rookies to be the cornerstone of your team. If they are all you have and simply fail at the top grade then your season is over from the go. The club invest something in the order of $10M per year in having a successful team. They make decissions to ensure the best possible success. If that means that Blake gets upset because he doesn't have a dream run to firsts, then welcome to the real world Blake.

I get that but Finch/Rudder??????? If they had signed Hill, fair enough, he is a quality player and could have really helped the deveolpment of Green, what the hell is Finch gonna teach him???????

Also, calling Timmy a rookie when next year will be his 3 rd year in the NRL, i don't see people calling Billy Slater or Karmichael Hunt rookies and they are both in their 3rd year of NRL. When do you stop being a rookie????

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I get that but Finch/Rudder??????? If they had signed Hill, fair enough, he is a quality player and could have really helped the deveolpment of Green, what the hell is Finch gonna teach him???????

Hill is going to England for $500,000 a season. The club chased him hard. Would you be happy had we paid him that much?

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I know i should be patient, but i am sure you can understand my frustration?

I have been watching Blake for years, watching him carry our lower grade teams and i do not like where it looks like we may be headed. I personally think he deserves better.

You are right though, he may know more than us, but he signed 2 weeks ago, we have only just started talking to Finch and possibly Rudder, in the last few days......it can't do much for his confidence can it?

I understand the frustration as I have the same feelings everyone else does. No one on here loves the club any more or any less for that matter than what I do. I'm prepared to wait for what happens as to the actual signing of these players rather than go off half cocked because we are meant to be talking to them according to media reports. Most on here dismiss media reports as just media talk at certain times and blow up at others.....

As it stands though we have only just started talking to Finch two weeks ago according to the media.... doesn't mean that is correct.

As it is - if Blake is good enough for first grade and wants the jersey than Blake will get the jersey. I'd rather these kids not enjoy a saloon passage to first grade but rather they earn it.

Kornstar

Coach
The Colonel said:
I understand the frustration as I have the same feelings everyone else does. No one on here loves the club any more or any less for that matter than what I do. I'm prepared to wait for what happens as to the actual signing of these players rather than go off half cocked because we are meant to be talking to them according to media reports. Most on here dismiss media reports as just media talk at certain times and blow up at others.....

As it stands though we have only just started talking to Finch two weeks ago according to the media.... doesn't mean that is correct.

As it is - if Blake is good enough for first grade and wants the jersey than Blake will get the jersey. I'd rather these kids not enjoy a saloon passage to first grade but rather they earn it.

Tell that to Jarryd Hayne when BS was at the club!!!!

I'm not having a go by the way, but if Hagan plays favourites like the Newcastle fans tell us, then we may be in trouble if he has targetted Finch and gets him :(

At this point in time i would rather us throw 1.5 million at Brad Fittler to come here for a year, rather than Finch for $2 per year! I know that is stupid but we could learn alot more off Fittler in 5 minutes than we could off Finch in 5 years.

fish eel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I'm not having a go by the way, but if Hagan plays favourites like the Newcastle fans tell us, then we may be in trouble if he has targetted Finch and gets him :(

Mate, EVERY coach has favourites. It's human nature.

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
Tell that to Jarryd Hayne when BS was at the club!!!!

At this point in time i would rather us throw 1.5 million at Brad Fittler to come here for a year, rather than Finch for $2 per year! I know that is stupid but we could learn alot more off Fittler in 5 minutes than we could off Finch in 5 years.

Every coach plays favourites - we saw that under Smith and we are likely to see that under Taylor if he stayed.

Look - Hagan has coached Finch in the lower grades at Canberra or the Mariners (Mariners I think but the papers can't work it out) and has a lot of time for him. It could be the tonic the kid needs. I'm not happy about him coming either but I just have to sit back and see what comes of it. Some players respond better to different coaches. Look at all the players that have left that have done better away from Smith. My crystal ball shows me nothing about how Finch would go in the blue and gold but I'm prepared to cut him slack and let him play if he does come rather than crucify the kid before he even gets here.

strider

Post Whore
Exactly - there is no coach in hte NRL who doesn't have favourites - ppl laid sh*t on BS for it for years but he was no diff to anyone else ..... maybe they have good reason for having certain favourites??? - they are closer to it than any of us, so who are we to question it?

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
We are fans, we question everything :D

That isn't a problem - we all do. Just don't take such a narrow view of what is coming is all. Look I expect everyone will rip into me if Finch flops (provided he does come) and I'm not fussed if they do. But if everyones crystal ball foretold the future then we'd all win the lotto and get 50 cents each.....

greena

Juniors
Forget Blake Green ever playing 5/8 if Tim Smith is the half. There style of play is the same and they would be a poor pairing.

If Green is to play first grade it will be in place of Smith, not outside him.

Gronk

Staff member
Finch isnt even a done deal so lets not get ahead of ourselves. I hear that FoxSports is saying this morning that the Eels want the Rorters to pay some if his contract. Its unconfirmed but may be problematic.

strider

Post Whore
greena said:
Forget Blake Green ever playing 5/8 if Tim Smith is the half. There style of play is the same and they would be a poor pairing.

If Green is to play first grade it will be in place of Smith, not outside him.
I don't know how you can say this - Finch and Anasta were paired in the NSW origin team and they play the same style - crap

:lol: :lol: ... ahhh just joking - just jumping on the bandwagon and giving poor finchy a ribbing - i'll give him a go if he comes, onya finchy

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Spare me. I dont like rubber or fish either but who the hell is blake green to go storming into the bosses office and have his contract torn up. I think we all agree that JT has pretty good eye for talent. If green was so special im sure he would of had a shot at NRL by now.

fish eel

Immortal
JOB 3:14 said:
Spare me. I dont like rubber or fish either but who the hell is blake green to go storming into the bosses office and have his contract torn up. I think we all agree that JT has pretty good eye for talent. If green was so special im sure he would of had a shot at NRL by now.

well, I don't like you, either ;-)

Latest posts