What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green

ParraManiac

Juniors
number8 said:
I suppose it depends on what he was told when he signed. I do agree with you in many ways, I'm just offering a 2nd perspective. The employee perspective.

I had an experience a few years back where I got a job that I was good at & loved to do. It was a new Branch in a new town for the company & was just getting off the ground. I got on with Management great & was going above & Beyond my role because I wanted to. I was very good at it after only a short time. I was told by the Branch Manager, State Manager, & State Sales Manager that I was next in line for the sales rep job, the pay rise & car that came with it.

Then (about two weeks later) My manager took another job elsewhere & the Company went on the hunt for a new Branch Manager. For the Eight weeks while they where doing that, I ran the shop alone. Covering Sales, Deliveries, purchases & banking alone! At the end of which I was given a new Branch Manager only to have the State sales manager take a job with a rival & the State Manager go into a semi retired reduced role.

Having proved myself again with the new seniority the same situation repeated. The State Manager had made the Same Prommises adding that if the Branch Management position opened up that would also be mine if I wanted. He too left the company shortly after. After that my Branch Mgr Transferred to a Sydney Branch & I again was left to run the shop for another 8 weeks alone. The shop had increased it's business 3 fold on the last time.

I then was told by the new management (who had no f**king idea the short time they had control) that the company was going in a different direction & I'd have to bide my time. They Pretty much said I was good enough to run the shop, but I wasn't good enough to run the shop? They had no idea!

As you can imagine, like the job or not. I was mighty pissed! I ended up leaving to be a house Dad to our little kids because frankly, my wife had more opportunity & a better pay packet! I really liked all the blokes that the company bought in & had no hesitation in showing them the ropes. I was pissed but still did a great job for a while. But, I did leave in the end & before I had time to fully train up my replacement. Does that make me a Jamie Lyon type sook, I left them in the lurch?

I'm not even sure it'll make sense as to it's relevance to my point but I'm just wondering what (if any) promises were made in regard Blakes future as he's progressed.

Mate I think that sounds exactly like the last 2 lines of my post. Lets hope Blake gives it the same go you did.

number8

Juniors
ParraManiac said:
Mate I think that sounds exactly like the last 2 lines of my post. Lets hope Blake gives it the same go you did.

Yeah i did give a go. But having had that experience I would fully understand if someone else didn't. I wouldn't hold it against him & would in fact, feel for the guy! It is a sucky thing to go through!

caylo

Bench
on that at no stage doi believe marsh was brought here 2 play halfback... timmy had shown great promise and was likly to be given the first shot, if it didnt work... send him back to pl for a while and marsh could step up.

Utey

Coach
Biggest BS smokescreen of his era. PJ was never considered to be a halfback on his return to the club imo.

bartman

Immortal
Anyone remember Chris Lawler? Absolutely carved it up in PL for a whole season while first grade weren't doing too crash hot.

I was part of the crowds at the games cheering "Law-ler" loudly in the hope that Smithy would notice and give the guy a crack at the big time. He never did, Lawler left, and I didn't blame him.

Anyone ever heard of him since? At his new club (forget where it was now) he never made first grade, despite all his good PL performances for us and the hype. All of that didn't mean he'd deserved it, or would make a success out of it when his time finally came.

I hope Blake is different, and has more talent than Chris Lawler proved to - though at the time he was such a dominant player in a great PL team. I've seen Blake play three games this season, he didn't stand out as all that dominant in PL to me.

Bottom line, if Blake warrants a first grade spot next year under Hagan, above the likes of Tim Smith, Brett Finch, Sean Rudder (?), PJ Marsh... then he will get one, if he doesn't then he won't - and in five years time he might be a star elsewhere, or could be as forgotten as Chris Lawler.

caylo

Bench
just remember delany... ppl were ready to punt benny for him... he showed he didnt have the speed or passing game for a first grade centre spot. things change exept i think blakey, taia, and inu will all come good.
i pick taia the surprise packet next year, will come on like a prichard type player, and make the #12 his own. his debue, he showed great go forward, and his could be a real devistating wide running backrower.

niall

Juniors
ive seen him play with timmy and they r awsum togetha im really hopin sumthin happins to finchso that blake gets a fair go, he thouroughly deservz it

mighty eel

Juniors
i agree with wat ur saying cause i think that green should get a go for the rest of season to tim smith coms back for next year i disagree on wat ur saying about green cause i think that green should play off the bench this is wat my bench would look like

14 Riddell
15 Cannings
16 Cordoba
17 Green

Riddell can play Second row while green can play hooker and if it dosent work we can see finch go hooker it still is a strong bench

Stagger eel

Staff member
mighty eel said:
i agree with wat ur saying cause i think that green should get a go for the rest of season to tim smith coms back for next year i disagree on wat ur saying about green cause i think that green should play off the bench this is wat my bench would look like

14 Riddell
15 Cannings
16 Cordoba
17 Green

Riddell can play Second row while green can play hooker and if it dosent work we can see finch go hooker it still is a strong bench

I've followed Blake's career in the last 3 or so years and have never seen him at hooker, he's definitely not a hooker..and where's PJ?????

welcome btw.

mighty eel

Juniors
i agree that green should get ago this year and up until tim smith coms back in the team how come jeremy smith gets ago and green dosent it is weird cause marcus perenara got ago befor him so my bench for next year would look like this

14 Riddell
15 Cannings
16 Cordoba
17 Green

Riddell can play second row while green can play hooker when marsh comes off if it dosent work then finch will play hooker and green will play 5/8

Utey

Coach
Cordoba wouldnt be near my bench, Blakey is still on the up. He will get a shot, whether it be in a trial or at the beginning of next year.

mighty eel

Juniors
this is my line up for next year o.k

1 Burt(GK)
2 Hayne
3 B.Smith
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 T.Smith
8 Cayless
9 Marsh
10 MoiMoi
11 Hindmarsh
12 Lowrie
13 Rudder/Robinson

Bench

14 Riddell
15 Cannings
16 Cordoba
17 Green

i had rudder and robinson on same line cause i was not shore if rudder is coming if he does then green wont play very sad news

mickdo

Coach
Was anyone listening to Andrew Moore's show tonight? I just caught the tail end of an older caller talking to him about Blake, when Andrew cut him off just as he was about to relate a few things Blake had said to him. I'm assuming about not being happy having Finch coming across?

Utey

Coach
mickdo said:
Was anyone listening to Andrew Moore's show tonight? I just caught the tail end of an older caller talking to him about Blake, when Andrew cut him off just as he was about to relate a few things Blake had said to him. I'm assuming about not being happy having Finch coming across?

Blake beginning to be noticed it seems...

mickdo

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
Blake beginning to be noticed it seems...
I still can't imagine another team being willing to sign him with a promise of playing first grade, given that he has never played at that level...

Stagger eel

Staff member
mickdo said:

I heard the name Desmond and then he was cut off..

Latest posts