What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green

I want to see Blake in the No.6 with he and Tim Smith alternating at 1st receiver. I don't want to see Finch at Parra. Blake looks to be a alround player. Passing,running, defence, kicking and is well built. Green is the way to go. Not the crapsta Finchsta.

Im with Kornstar I could not blame Green if he asks for a release. I would!!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Well go ahead then Blakey, everyone else has. I'm sure if Hindy asks for a release than they will give it to him as well. While we are at it why doesnt D.F ask for his own release.

Utey

Coach
Suitman said:
Yes, but will it be at Parra? :?

Suity

Ive got the same feeling...

Always said he will one day play firsts but not here, just a hunch.

Kornstar said:
I know i should be patient, but i am sure you can understand my frustration?

I have been watching Blake for years, watching him carry our lower grade teams and i do not like where it looks like we may be headed. I personally think he deserves better.

You are right though, he may know more than us, but he signed 2 weeks ago, we have only just started talking to Finch and possibly Rudder, in the last few days......it can't do much for his confidence can it?

man you gotta believe the papers less. what they publish isnt gospel. according to the DT we're linked to finch solely because "hagan is a fan of finch" going back to 1997 or something ridiculous. nowhere does it have quotes from finch, the eels officials, or hagan (that ive seen, correct me if i'm wrong).

Freak2

Juniors
I think everyone needs to stop jumping the gun!!

Blake will get his chance next year (if not this year) it doesn't matter if we sign both Finch & Rudder.

Hagon is going to use who he thinks is best option. Green obviously resigned with the club knowing he will get a chance. All he needs to do is take it, which I think he will!!

I personally think Green is our best long term half option, but Tim seems to have a mortgage on this position. Let's just wait and see!!

forward pass

Coach
No-one can deny that Green is a very promising player. But may I state that the premier league comp is a very ordinary standard and the difference between Premier leauge and 1st grade is enormous.

Not saying he wont make it, but I'm keeping that in mind when discussing the merits of Finch over Green or Rudder.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Sean Rudder has been mentioned as a utility if he was to sign with Parra, if we lost the race for Finch.

Personally I'd rather Rudder than Finch. I mean why would we bother going after Finch when we've already got a halfback. He's not a 5/8.

Bigfella

Coach
Chill out people!

Finch and Rudders are two possibilities only. It is highly unlikely we would be signing BOTH at once in any case.

There is no reason why Blake Green should be concerned. We need depth in the club. What club would run with two options as halves in two grades? No matter how successful you are almost certainly going to need three halves for EACH grade per season barring an incredible run of luck.

Neither Smith or Green at this stage could claim to own a first grade spot outright; and their is doubt about what position is Green's best at this stage.

It would be criminal of the club not to sign at least one more half for next year as we are losing Morris and Jeremy Smith already.

I'd go for Jason Smith and make Blake his wingman for a year...then unleash him for 2008 with Timmy to be the Parra halves for the next generation!!!!

number8

Juniors
Hellsy said:
I think it will be

Think, or hope? I wope it will but think now that it won't.

Even just mentioning of the calibre of players we are suggesting as possible signings, would be enough for Blake to feel entitled to tell the club to get f**ked!

I mean he has been touted for the last two years as someone who will break 1st grade & just when the club releases 2, possibley 4 guys whose role he could step into, they start looking to sign nuffy alternatives that no other club even rates! If I was in his position, I'd be looking for clarification from the club as to their plans for me straight away & if all is as it seems I would be telling them thanks for f**k all, & do a walk out.

I'd like to see him get a crack. More so, I'd like to see the club stop f**king around with these kids & show them the loyalty they'd like returned!

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:

Even just mentioning of the calibre of players we are suggesting as possible signings, would be enough for Blake to feel entitled to tell the club to get f**ked!

I mean he has been touted for the last two years as someone who will break 1st grade & just when the club releases 2, possibley 4 guys whose role he could step into, they start looking to sign nuffy alternatives that no other club even rates! If I was in his position, I'd be looking for clarification from the club as to their plans for me straight away & if all is as it seems I would be telling them thanks for f**k all, & do a walk out.

I'd like to see him get a crack. More so, I'd like to see the club stop f**king around with these kids & show them the loyalty they'd like returned!

Mate, have you had a look at the list of players who leaving the club next year? how could we be possably f**king around with these juniors when we've released several established firstgrader and signed a bench player from Newcastle.

Freak2

Juniors
number8 said:

That's one way of looking at it or perhaps Blake is looking at it like.

You beauty!! - Parra are signing players I know I can out perform. With hard work and dedication I know I am better than Rudds & Finch!!

If you can't back your own ability you should not be playing grade!! Blake will get his chance and when he does I think he will be like Jarryd. - THERE FOR A LONG TIME!!

Hellsy

Immortal
number8 said:

No I still think he will.

Just member that we havent actually signed any of these alternatives as yet... and even if we do I still think he'll get a shot.

The question now is.... we are all hoping that we do make the finals... (although myself personally I think we dont deserve it this year and we'll be hammered in the finals if we do make it) so do you try and blood a newbie when there is now so much riding on it?? Sure if injuries persist and we need him to step up no worries but at the moment JT is persisting with Jeremy Smith and John Morris so we should see how that goes. I know alot of you would say yes... but once again we can only observe and comment/criticise I am quite happy with what JT is putting forward each week

I reckon if Blakey doesnt get a start this year he'll get some trial games next year..

strider

Post Whore
its true - timmy is accident prone (and by that I don't just mean injuries :lol:) .... blake will get a shot at some stage .... think of those times jeremy or marcus have come up this year - next year it will be blake

number8

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mate, have you had a look at the list of players who leaving the club next year? how could we be possably f**king around with these juniors when we've released several established firstgrader and signed a bench player from Newcastle.

Like I said in my post. The guys we are rumoured to be condsidering are players that will probably step into the role he (& we in many cases) were thought to have been groomed to. I know we as yet, haven't signed these players but I'm refering to the slap in the face it must be that we are considering them.

They are hardly of a standard that see's them a class above the guys we let go & yet I get the feeling they will be on good $$ to come. Even if Green is the better option the fact that the club still sees this position as the position to fill suggests to me he's not in the plans for a shot..... Just yet.

The f**king around I'm refering to is that it is just about his time now & the signing of either of these blokes suggests the club will be pushing that time furter back. Frustrating when many think you are ready now & your form & loyalty warrants consideration. I'm just trying to imagine myself in his shoes & I think I'd be pretty pissed!

The Colonel

Immortal
Like I said in my post. The guys we are rumoured to be condsidering are players that will probably step into the role he (& we in many cases) were thought to have been groomed to. I know we as yet, haven't signed these players but I'm refering to the slap in the face it must be that we are considering them.

If they aren't big enough to accept a challenge than why do you want them in first grade?

Latest posts