What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith Anasta to the Tigers?

stompin

Juniors
I just heard joey johns flip out on Triple M, that Braith Anasta was finishing up at the roosters at the end of this season, and signing a 2 year deal with the Tigers.

I dont know how much truth there is in this, but Joey would seem to be a reliable source to me.

Discuss..

stompin

Juniors
Do you think Sheens would move Marshall from the 6 to make way for Anasta, or could Anasta play 7?

stompin

Juniors
That means nothing from Braith directly right now. I am sure he hasnt signed a contract yet - but the next 48 hours will be interesting.

Hanscholo

Bench
Yea Anasta to the tigers, you still have 3 front rowers left that sheens would like to be rid of.

honestly, sheens is delusional. He is the only coach in the league rowing in the direction of ball playing forwards.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he would be a good signing. The money would have to be fair - paying overs is stupid.

He isn't really what we need though - we need a replacement or two for Ellis and maybe a prop. I think Groat will make the step up but it will take some time. Woods to me is already there as is Galloway if he is on the park. Bell also looks okay so I think at full strength we are okay at prop. The backrow though will fall apart within out Ellis. Blair doesn't look up to it and is at best a bit player at the moment.

I suppose BMM could also fit in at prop or backrow.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He would not be a good signing.

I can see Sheens thinking, Move Hino to Second Row and Braith at Lock.

Just makes our pack even weaker.

We're gonna have big bikkies to spend next year, don't fritter it away on tired old blokes looking to bump up their retirement.

We've been down this avenue before and it was shit, only a plethora of talented juniors got us out of that quagmire.

I don't think we have the same quality coming through to save us this time around though.

Sign a proper hard running back rower like Bukuya while they are still in their mid 20's, get them in their prime.

Cheaper and better.

Buy a f**king halfback, please.

Luke Kelly is a decent 7. If Cronk stays at Melbourne, he may want to find another club. We'd get him young and cheap and keen to play.

Get a speedster on the wing. I can't find it in my heart right now to get rid of Beau Ryan, he's been the only consistently good player over all 4 games this season.

Buy another prop, I don't care if they are bench quality only, we need to fill that hole.

Surely all of that could be done with the cash free'd up by Ellis and Tuqiri leaving.

Tiger05

First Grade
Can kick............
Play him at lock.
On an ok salary id take him anyday

Same here. I think he could be a real positive signing for the right dollars. Blair could be a good signing for the right dollars but we stuffed that.

The only issue I can see is Sheens selections and paying him overs.

Juniors
Will not work in our structure, or lack of.

Just be another playmaker forcing the pass when we are behind rather than doing his job. Every one wants to be the Quarterback, Striker, Halfback etc.

Until Sheens sets specific roles for each player and polices it by the occassional spanking for those who stray, we dont need another wannabe playmaker, except Fulton off course ;-)

super_coach

First Grade
Anasta will play six and be the main kicker and Benji will play no7 like he dose now. Not a bad signing if it comes off, he has a football brain and is competitive bugger. Although the signings must not stop their, the forwards will need beefing up and the backline needs some speed

Magpies Forever

Juniors
This is just weird.

Do you get the feeling WT are thrashing about without a plan for player retention / recruitment and succession planning? Or is it just the Anasta bit?

My issue on the first concern is that WT are loosing a lot of players in the next 2 seasons and the last of the 2005 bunch will probably be leaving the club. Meaning there are big boots to fill.

I dont mind if Anasta is a stop gap signing as he brings plenty of expereince with him. The question of his role, slotting in where and fitting into the WT play under Sheens are all valid questions I suppose Sheens has to answer to the WT board.