What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Finch GONE!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
lol.. poor finchy can't win around here. 2nd in try assists and line-break assists of any halfback in the comp. if you think parramatta are losing because of brett finch, you are sorely mistaken. bloke tries his guts out every game, and his stats really arn't too bad. seems he does one thing wrong in a game and it's LOLFINCH time again.

while i don't rate him amongst the best halfbacks in the comp, he's a solid first grader at worst. who would want to be parramattas halfback at the moment? their fans crucify you... and your team doesn't turn up for you either.

Your welcome to him at the knights Perverse, personally i've done my time in the LOLFINCH mines, some horrendeous 3 seasons or so, in which he would do one thing right followed by 5 things wrong. He's rubbish.

Noa

First Grade
no way hes going to the dragons. we have soward, hornby and head waiting in the wings. we dont need finch.

Bretts a better half-back then them. Soward' a 6, Hornbys a 1 and Heads a 19.

Not much difference between Finch and Cooper Cronk really. Cronk just has had the luxury of playing behind a dominant pack.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bretts a better half-back then them. Soward' a 6, Hornbys a 1 and Heads a 19.

Not much difference between Finch and Cooper Cronk really. Cronk just has had the luxury of playing behind a dominant pack.

:lol:

typicalfan

Coach
Thats a pretty good summation there of Parramatta but the problem is we have no structure in attack, no ball movement and get inside the opposition 20 and there is nothing opn, we have, or had, a halfback who all he did was stand, shout, point, throw a bad pass and shout some more.
The problem with Parramatta isn't Brett Finch, it wasn't Michael Hagan, it wasn't Brian Smith and it isn't Jarryd Hayne

Its the same problem that has existed since 1986.

LOL

Dribbler of the week.

Finch had a pack consisting of; Ricketson, Wing, Crocker, Morley, Jason Cayless and Fitzgibbon and did NOTHING without Fittler doing it all for him.

Was it the forwards fault that Finch could kick balls into Fox Studios?
Was it the forwards fault that People in the first 10 rows at the SFS had to wear helmets?
Was it Morley's fault that finch could kick the corner post from a drop out?

All these idiots who have never had Finch play for their club should shut the f**k up on this issue.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
LOL

Dribbler of the week.

Finch had a pack consisting of; Ricketson, Wing, Crocker, Morley, Jason Cayless and Fitzgibbon and did NOTHING without Fittler doing it all for him.

Was it the forwards fault that People in the first 10 rows at the SFS had to wear helmets?

All these idiots who have never had Finch play for their club should shut the f**k up on this issue.

great post

Funny how Raiders, Roosters and Parramatta fans all seem to say the samething.....

pantherz9103

First Grade
We don't need Finch. Graham, Walsh and Sammut are preferable. Finch has managed to inspire two f**k off foundations against him at his two previousl clubs. Not a track record to be envied.

sooperdooper

First Grade
only raiders, roosters and eels fans know what it is like to have finch in the team...
lives off other peoples success eg: Fittler and Tim Smith
Then when he is in charge cant do ANYTHING... he has stifled our play over and over.

This weeks game for us will be a shocker, no prep time. But i expect over the coming few games to be a better team.

Didgi

I wish the Eels good luck in what fans will come to know as the celebration era, where their club finally was rid of that useless player that is LOLFINCH.

Conversely, whomever signs him shall forever be doomed to the darkest pits of despair.

typicalfan

Coach
Michael Moseley?????
As a Parramatta fan surely you must know who I am talking about. Finch wasn't great but still somehow managed a 400k deal, Tim Smith before him, Adam Dykes, Andrew McFadden, Jason Taylor etc.

Finch isn't the first and won't be the last sub standard halfback Parramatta has signed

Noa

First Grade

Have you actually watched Cronk the last year moron. Average kicking game, average skills, average passing game, great defender. Hes a rich-mans Brett Finch with the luxury of playing with a few supreme players and a great coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL

Dribbler of the week.

Best post in the entire thread, the bloke is absolute garbage. And because he tries hard and has passion he seems to get away with being crap. Plus he is a sook to boot.

Cletus

First Grade
As a Parramatta fan surely you must know who I am talking about. Finch wasn't great but still somehow managed a 400k deal, Tim Smith before him, Adam Dykes, Andrew McFadden, Jason Taylor etc.

Finch isn't the first and won't be the last sub standard halfback Parramatta has signed

Don't forget Michael Witt:cool:.

Loudstrat

Coach
The problem with Parramatta isn't Brett Finch, it wasn't Michael Hagan, it wasn't Brian Smith and it isn't Jarryd Hayne

Its the same problem that has existed since 1986.

Since 1986 they have signed 2 test halfbacks (Sterlo and Freeman) and Origin half (Simon) and a dally M position winner (Dykes), plus an all time pointscoring holder (Taylor).

Finch is on closer to 300k - still overs, but at the time a good resigning. He was great after Tim Smith went.

typicalfan

Coach
Yes But Sterlo is different, he was around before a guy like Fitzgerald hand picked his recruits. Freeman by that stage was a journeyman and was past his best, Simon sure he was ok but origin by default considering the players he was up against, Dykes was a Dally M position winner but in another position!!!

And Taylor was a great goalkicker but certainly had large weaknesses defensively and overall wasn't anything more than a run of the mill halfback.

typicalfan

Coach
Yes and lucky for that.

I wasn't referring to the problems in the halves, I am referring to the front office as being the problem. At the end of the day that many recruitment flops, not just halfbacks but other positions, especially the early 90's, has to be as a result of the problems and mistakes they have made.

The best the Eels have been since was when Smithy was coach, Crusher Cleal behind the scenes and had total recruitment power. Since those days the Eels are returning to the mid 90s IMO