What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Finch GONE!!!

perverse

Referee
lol.. poor finchy can't win around here. 2nd in try assists and line-break assists of any halfback in the comp. if you think parramatta are losing because of brett finch, you are sorely mistaken. bloke tries his guts out every game, and his stats really arn't too bad. seems he does one thing wrong in a game and it's LOLFINCH time again.

while i don't rate him amongst the best halfbacks in the comp, he's a solid first grader at worst. who would want to be parramattas halfback at the moment? their fans crucify you... and your team doesn't turn up for you either.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Any halfback will struggle while the Eels continue to have such powderpuff forwards. Until that's addressed not much will change.

Finch wasn't great, but he certainly wasn't the one caosting the Eels victory. There's nobody else for them to put at halfback, at least nobody who can do the job.

lol.. poor finchy can't win around here. 2nd in try assists and line-break assists of any halfback in the comp. if you think parramatta are losing because of brett finch, you are sorely mistaken. bloke tries his guts out every game, and his stats really arn't too bad. seems he does one thing wrong in a game and it's LOLFINCH time again.

while i don't rate him amongst the best halfbacks in the comp, he's a solid first grader at worst. who would want to be parramattas halfback at the moment? their fans crucify you... and your team doesn't turn up for you either.

You just don't understand what it's like watching Finch play for your team.

perverse

Referee
true.. the only experience i have in watching him play for a team i support was in origin.. and he did alright there tbh.

seriously though, i'd take finch over a whole bunch of halves... most definitely over ben rogers, who we are enduring at the knights currently.

Kiki

First Grade
OOOOH DRAMA!!

christ st george don't need him. go to the panthers finchy.

Lambretta

First Grade
Maybe the poison dwarf at Cronulla will want to sign him

He's desperate to get rid of Seymour.

adamkungl

Immortal

Exactly. Its no coincidence that at every club he's ever been at the fans have wanted him gone. FOFF may not have been responsible for Finch's Parra demise, but they were there in spirit ;-)

Bazal

Post Whore
Any halfback will struggle while the Eels continue to have such powderpuff forwards. Until that's addressed not much will change.

Finch wasn't great, but he certainly wasn't the one caosting the Eels victory. There's nobody else for them to put at halfback, at least nobody who can do the job.

Keating is a better attacking player than Finch...as for the forwards, that will be addressed, but they aren't terrible and have played ok for the most part. The problem is the few deadwood players like Cayless and Cordoba eating up cap space and first grade spots

Oh, and good riddance to Finch...

Iafeta

Referee

Agreed. Nathan Cayless IMO has basically gone from World Cup winning captain to not being selected for the Kiwis if you were to go on form in the space of what, 4 rounds?? They have a couple of other powder puffs, one in particular is Josh Cordoba. Hindmarsh is and has been impotent with ball in hand for a good 3-4 years because he's always flopping in on tackles. Fuifui Moimoi and Feleti Mateo are the ones that you think may make things happen, Mateo often drags them out of the mire more often than not but the other forwards there seem largely pedestrian.

I feel for the likes of Hayne and Inu who are both incredible players, but even they need go forward ball. It starts poorly up front, and isn't helped out by Luke Burt's soft returns from the back either. By the time Parramatta look to Finch to get guys through gaps on the fringes, the defensive line is set and controlling the ruck.

The problem doesn't start at the halfback, and perhaps its being shown now it doesn't start at the coach either. The Eels forwards need to man up and start going forward a hell of a lot better.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Nathan Cayless aka 'The King of Sting' is the most usless, soffest prop forward to ever exist, i'd contemplate he's softer then Ben Shizlowski!

And as for Finch? if anyone actually saw his games, and saw his misguided passes going behind players, over there heads and sidelines, pathetic one on one missed tackles, his kicks ( his hail marys) down the fullbacks throat, his inability to create holes and organize you would know why this is a great day for 99% of Parra supporters.

A disgrace as a half back!

fish eel

Immortal
Agreed. Nathan Cayless IMO has basically gone from World Cup winning captain to not being selected for the Kiwis if you were to go on form in the space of what, 4 rounds?? They have a couple of other powder puffs, one in particular is Josh Cordoba. Hindmarsh is and has been impotent with ball in hand for a good 3-4 years because he's always flopping in on tackles. Fuifui Moimoi and Feleti Mateo are the ones that you think may make things happen, Mateo often drags them out of the mire more often than not but the other forwards there seem largely pedestrian.

I feel for the likes of Hayne and Inu who are both incredible players, but even they need go forward ball. It starts poorly up front, and isn't helped out by Luke Burt's soft returns from the back either. By the time Parramatta look to Finch to get guys through gaps on the fringes, the defensive line is set and controlling the ruck.

The problem doesn't start at the halfback, and perhaps its being shown now it doesn't start at the coach either. The Eels forwards need to man up and start going forward a hell of a lot better.

Thats a pretty good summation there of Parramatta but the problem is we have no structure in attack, no ball movement and get inside the opposition 20 and there is nothing opn, we have, or had, a halfback who all he did was stand, shout, point, throw a bad pass and shout some more.

Didgi

Now the refs wont get a gobful everytime they penalise Parramatta, Finch was referee_patience_testingV1.1.

Will it be the Keating fellow who replaces him at half, seen a bit of him and he looks alrite, not setting anything on fire but I think he can only get better.