What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

gong_eagle

First Grade
yeah that's what most people think whn they hear sexual assualt, they think rapethere is lot more to this than is being reported

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Same reason why they've kinda changed their story from it happened in a stairwell to outside a gate. Cover all bases IMO.

super_coach

First Grade
When you are a high profile footballer in this town your guilty to proven innocent thats why you need a good silk.

I find it puzzling why the media are always trying to kill their "cash cow". Lets face it rugby league is one of the biggest factors in keeping their circulation going yet they are killing the game with every sensationalized headline or leading story.

Lets wait for any charges if their are any and than let the legal process take it course and like a few players in similar situations he should be free to play till proven guilty and if not guilty he should take legal action against the media.

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
No they haven't. They've described the what happened as being an alleged incident.

The media has done nothing wrong in this situation. It is doing its job by reporting the news.

You sound like you work within some stream of the media :roll:

franklin2323

Immortal
Alleged Assault or not. The bigger problem is the fact he can't remember what happened because he drunk to much or so he told the club. That's more the problem IMO.

Here we are 1 week out from the season commencing we have the NRL 'poster boy' Getting blind drunk at a club function. Don't get me wrong I like a drink as much as the next people what's wrong with having a couple at the function and going home with mates after and drinking up in the safety of the home without trouble.

As for the allegations it may be a case of false claims...either way it will come out in the long way.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
With regards to the Watmough incident I think it's more an accident rather then something he wanted to do on purpose

As for the Stewart one, well I have a couple of questions for you all

1- What was this teenager doing hanging around a season launch party? Unless it was an open public event or one that involved club members/fans..etc I don't see any good reason for her to be there.

2- What the hell was she thinking of going 'off somewhere quiet' or whatever it was, with a guy she's just met? Are they that naive and dumb to do such a thing? Did she already know who he is?

It may sound like I am trying to frame the young lady but I do think questions have be raised about what she was doing there and why she let things get as far as whatever happened. It is only fair to consider the whole story as I can figure out rather than going on what we are being fed publicly.

jdizzle

Juniors
You sound like you work within some stream of the media :roll:

And you sound like someone who supports the Manly Sea Eagles and their best player. Perhaps if you look beyond your maroon glasses and take a neutral standpoint on this such as I have and one most elements of the media have.

Nothing has been released to allow you to shape a decision on whether Brett Stewart has commited a crime or not. However, he has been accused of one and this needs to be investigated.

jdizzle

Juniors
1- What was this teenager doing hanging around a season launch party? Unless it was an open public event or one that involved club members/fans..etc I don't see any good reason for her to be there.
She wasn't at the function. She doesn't even know who Brett Stewart is. She moved in next door to Stewart 3 weeks ago.

2- What the hell was she thinking of going 'off somewhere quiet' or whatever it was, with a guy she's just met? Are they that naive and dumb to do such a thing? Did she already know who he is?
She was outside smoking because her parents won't let her smoke in the house due to the younger children. Legitimate reason to be outside.

You really are a f**king idiot.

brook

First Grade
With regards to the Watmough incident I think it's more an accident rather then something he wanted to do on purpose

It may sound like I am trying to frame the young lady but I do think questions have be raised about what she was doing there and why she let things get as far as whatever happened. It is only fair to consider the whole story as I can figure out rather than going on what we are being fed publicly.

umm have you read any of the story at all? By all accounts (and I don't think this part of the story is disputed by anyone) she was outside her own home

PJ Marshal

Coach

lol pure gold

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

This is the second time you've gone off half cocked.

I think it is only fair you don't comment anymore. You're making bogus assumptions about something with which you don't know the story.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
These nutcases cannot be serious :|
MANLY supporters say they will be devastated if Sea Eagles star Brett Stewart is guilty of an alleged sexual assault.
Fans of the NRL player are beginning to assemble at Dee Why police station where it is understood Stewart may make an official visit.

The Manly and Australian fullback was arrested on Friday evening following allegations that he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl in the stairwell of a North Manly apartment block, after a season opening party the club held at The Manly Wharf Hotel.

Stewart has denied the allegation.

He declined to be interviewed by police and was released without charge pending further investigation.

Antoinette Livoti arrived in her Sea Eagles colours to support Stewart - a man she says she has met many times over the years.

``Let's believe a man's side of it, that things can happen like that,'' Ms Livoti said.
But she did criticise the anti-social behaviour of some footballers and said they should curb their alcohol intake.

``Because they represent a good game, a family game, they shouldn't be doing what they're doing,'' she said.

``Because we want our little kids to follow into a sport that's good and healthy for them.''

Ms Livoti said Stewart was ``a good boy'' and she would be ``devastated'' if charges were laid against him. Chris Court, 18, took advantage of a day off work to come to the police station with a few mates. He believes Stewart to be innocent because he is so well-known in the sport.

``He's not really going to have to work too hard to pick up a bird,'' Mr Court said.

``I don't think he'd really have to do anything like that for a girl.

``There's got to be something else to it.''

The fans assembled as police continued their investigation, with detectives arriving at the girl's home in North Manly.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25159526-5001021,00.html

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
She wasn't at the function. She doesn't even know who Brett Stewart is. She moved in next door to Stewart 3 weeks ago.

She was outside smoking because her parents won't let her smoke in the house due to the younger children. Legitimate reason to be outside.

You really are a f**king idiot.

It's 'alleged' that neither she nor her family knew Brett Stewart lived there or who he is...:sarcasm:

Latest posts