What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its quite funny that the one time the Broncos get investigated for salary cap breaches is now

The Colonel

Immortal
When are Broncos fans going to trot out the line about developing the players so they should be able to keep them?

Deny, deny, deny.

The names have changed but it's just like 2002 and 2010 all over again.

Spot On

Coach
Milford being interviewed next week( the paper said he turned down 900k a season from the raiders, if thats anywhere close to correct fmd!), Gee refusing to cooperate and seeking legal advice and the Broncos hiring a lawyer who used to work for asic. This stinks for the broncs.

Wow. Lucky the Broncs have no rep stars or fringe rep players and haven't recruited any Dally M winners or are likely to try to recruit the current QLD winger and of course that hack Milford??:sarcasm:

blaza88z

Coach
I still haven't seen any evidence that I should be rattling in my boots regarding any significant salary cap breach

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
900k was just the base offer, with TPAs it was 1.3mil a season. Would be interesting to know how much he is on the Donkeys books for.

betcats

Referee
I still haven't seen any evidence that I should be rattling in my boots regarding any significant salary cap breach

TBF though if there was clear evidence available to us fans then Brisbane would be getting stripped of points already. The fact they are interviewing players and the way Gee quit or was sacked and is not cooperating would have me worried if I was a brisbane fan.

Matchball

Bench
TBF though if there was clear evidence available to us fans then Brisbane would be getting stripped of points already. The fact they are interviewing players and the way Gee quit or was sacked and is not cooperating would have me worried if I was a brisbane fan.

True but where there is smoke there is fire.
But since the DT are behind the story, where there is smoke there is kids playing with matches.

Spot On

Coach

This could become one of the most used quotes in this thread should the Broncs worst fears come to fruition. We can only hope.

Spot On

Coach
Still unbelievable that he has turned down 1.1m a year. Wow. The Broncs must have presented a very, very sweet deal to top that.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Only winner in this is the Storm.
Finally someone can get called cheats for the next few seasons.

No, no. The Storm will always be cheating scum. They will simply have another one of their News Ltd filth in the same cheating boat as them.

If found guilty I will always refer to both the Storm and Broncos as cheating scum. You can't take away that title from the Storm as they worked so hard to attain it.

broncos2010

Juniors
If you look at our squad we don't currently have any major marquee players that are on 800k+ a year, We have a lot of rep players that are probably only 500-600k but not a major marquee player, and most of those guys are heavy 3rd party payment topped up contracts would be my guess.

I am sure we can fit in Boyd and maybe even DCE in to the picture for 2016.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah QLD origin stars would be hard pressed finding a deal near 500K??? Yet Milford, who is yet to play 40 NRL games, is commanding upwards of 1mill!

broncos2010

Juniors
Yeah QLD origin stars would be hard pressed finding a deal near 500K??? Yet Milford, who is yet to play 40 NRL games, is commanding upwards of 1mill!

That is what the Raiders where offering him to stay because they really wanted to keep him at all coast, I highly doubt the broncos are offering anything near that.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah. Most players turn down $1.1m to earn a hell of lot less elsewhere. They're not in it for the money. :crazy:

Don Furner gave an interview yesterday and shared an insight into recruiting players nowadays and how their priorities concerning their decision to play for or leave a club has changed. The number one factor, and nearly always the deciding factor - money. Not the coach, location, weather, culture etc as it may have been in years gone by.

perverse

Referee
I am sure we can fit in Boyd and maybe even DCE in to the picture for 2016.

That is what the Raiders where offering him to stay because they really wanted to keep him at all coast, I highly doubt the broncos are offering anything near that.

lol-face.jpg

Latest posts