What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Pippen94

First Grade
You'll probably be waiting a long-time before that happens considering the Storm have been a finals team since 2003. 20 straight years. On top of that, while a lot of outsiders would've expected the game in Victoria to be a lot further ahead by now, we're now finally starting to see that surge in popularity hit its strides. 50% growth in junior numbers alone since covid, growing numbers in memberships, attendance, etc. If the Storm are hitting top 3 in every metric, just wait 5-10 more years. If you grew up here watching & supporting the Storm since its inception, you'd know how little the NRL did to help promote the Storm and NRL in Victoria especially during the 2000s. Rugby union was still more popular than league during that time even without a Super Rugby franchise, and now the tables have flipped dramatically. All in due time...

TV viewership in Melbourne has dropped tho

Pippen94

First Grade
It is actually just a case of you seriously misquoting me.

This is what I said

The simple point I am making is you can’t 100% categorically determine what the audience is for League in any given area because of the large take up of Pay TV. Of course, it’s most likely that the majority of these audiences would probably be in NSW/QLD but that’s about the only comment you could make

You definitely couldn’t say categorically like you’re prone to do that there is no audience whatsoever for League in fumbleball states.

You claimed I said the following

Saying league is more popular & has more exposure in northern states shouldn't be controversial. Pay number has been published but pretending a large portion of viewership is from afl states is laughable. Like I said smoke & mirrors

As anybody can see you’ve completely misrepresented what I said (not for the first time) because you either couldn’t comprehend what was written; or you did know what was written and decided to totally misrepresent what was said because you couldn’t actually argue against the point being made.

You then double down on that nonsense by using FTA figures and claiming it as a total audience.

Yes I can. Ppl who pay to watch are hardcore's & by every metric vast majority reside in northern states. Only somebody with an agenda would assume otherwise

Colk

First Grade
Yes I can. Ppl who pay to watch are hardcore's & by every metric vast majority reside in northern states. Only somebody with an agenda would assume otherwise

Haha wow regarding an agenda you haven’t heard of the word irony have you?

I think the NRL could realistically put a side anywhere in NZ/Australia they would want that has a decent/large population and the corporate base to support it. That might be my agenda. It’s simply a numbers and demographics game and you can think differently (pessimistically) if you wish to do so.

Also, again, for the third time now, nowhere did I write or even imply that the majority of people watching aren’t from NSW/QLD. If you don’t want people to attack you and offend your delicate sense of self, don’t misquote them.

Pneuma

First Grade
Haha wow regarding an agenda you haven’t heard of the word irony have you?

I think the NRL could realistically put a side anywhere in NZ/Australia they would want that has a decent/large population and the corporate base to support it. That might be my agenda. It’s simply a numbers and demographics game and you can think differently (pessimistically) if you wish to do so.

Also, again, for the third time now, nowhere did I write or even imply that the majority of people watching aren’t from NSW/QLD. If you don’t want people to attack you and offend your delicate sense of self, don’t misquote them.
Pippen is a naughty boy. Avoid the trap dear friend.

Colk

First Grade
Pippen is a naughty boy. Avoid the trap dear friend.

True that.

The funny thing is both him and Perth Red are about as negative as each other. Different sides of the same coin perhaps.

One gets tired of the whole “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf’ routine that they do though

Colk

First Grade
Regardless of all the BS here what a great night of footy. Two highly entertaining games. Old mate and I wiped out 34 cans pre match and during the games. Pretty pissed now but bloody hell our game delivers a great product..

Of course it does. The first game was an absolute cracker

Colk

First Grade
Great finish. It was almost predictable that it would deliver that.

I jumped out of my chair though. I don’t like the Roosters so I enjoyed it.

The fact that the team ranked 14th on the ladder can comfortably knock off the top of the ladder team is a great sign for the sport

MugaB

Coach
I jumped out of my chair though. I don’t like the Roosters so I enjoyed it.

The fact that the team ranked 14th on the ladder can comfortably knock off the top of the ladder team is a great sign for the sport
The roosters were sitting in 12th... so 12 v 14th
I don't mean to correct you, but roosters have been shithouse this season, and i prefer to let them slide down that ladder and promote that where i can, no offence colk

mongoose

Coach
The roosters were sitting in 12th... so 12 v 14th
I don't mean to correct you, but roosters have been shithouse this season, and i prefer to let them slide down that ladder and promote that where i can, no offence colk
yeah the Roosters have been truly awful the last few weeks. They were okay last night and still got beaten.