What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Canard

Immortal
Dolphins are my second club too

it’s reminded me how much joy I got seeing the birth of the broncos before they ruined it with super league

seeing the nrl creating the biggest rugby clubs in the world is something you of all people should appreciate after the game has been crapped upon in England
Bri3 so soon will hurt the Dolphins.

It also brings zero growth to the game.

Bri3 is 10 years+ in reality,.

Wb1234

Referee

afl mouthpiece

lions worried about the impact of the dolphins

hmmm when I said we could crush afl in qld people were mocking me

phins up

Brisbane easts would be the death knell for afl in qld

qld is the afls operation Barbarossa

Brisbane is Stalingrad where we push them back to their bunker in Melbourne

@Colk history references

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade

afl mouthpiece

phins up

@Colk history references

Colk disgraced himself with his lack of soviet knowledge. Probably thinks Barbarossa is movie starring Margot Robbie..

Colk

First Grade
..not as funny as acting superior to everyone here by saying Australia is boring, then undermining that alleged superiority by using term mute point. Smart ppl know they don't know everything..

Ah yes the didactic play with the supposed moral superiority intertwined.

If you want some moral instruction, here are a few tips.

1. Don’t conflate arguments or misrepresent people’s positions. Most commonly by attributing false statements (an example being that I said Australia is boring. I said Australian cities were vanilla not that the country was vanilla or boring - considerable difference. Now that might be because you don’t read people’s posts or it could be that you’re mendacious. Only you know the answer to that.
2. Practice what you preach. If you want to claim moral superiority over somebody then it is best not to conflate or misrepresent opinions or generally act in a way that is the opposite of the standards you put on other people. You could start by not claiming you don’t attack people and then proceed to do so regularly. Don’t be a hypocrite.
3. Don’t start arguments and then take a break because your feelings are hurt which is another pathetic little moral superiority play. If you don’t like being attacked then go away and hide somewhere and don’t take part
4. Admit that you’re wrong every now and then. For example when you make a false claim, admit that you made a false claim rather than try to twist your way out of it. That is what a smart person would do.

Colk

First Grade

afl mouthpiece

phins up

@Colk history references

Just because they are deluded that doesn’t mean you should be either. Using Operation Barbarossa is a rather inexact analogy

We have 9 league sides in Sydney yet the Swans still exist

There are 9 fumbleball sides in Melbourne yet the Storm still exist.

You could put however many sides in Brisbane that you like and the Lions will still exist. Their support and following will fluctuate by how well they go not by how many league sides there are in Brisbane.

Wb1234

Referee
Just because they are deluded that doesn’t mean you should be either. Using Operation Barbarossa is a rather inexact analogy

We have 9 league sides in Sydney yet the Swans still exist

There are 9 fumbleball sides in Melbourne yet the Storm still exist.

You could put however many sides in Brisbane that you like and the Lions will still exist. Their support and following will fluctuate by how well they go not by how many league sides there are in Brisbane.
By the start of ww2 the nazis were at least five years ahead of the allies

they marched into France and were bombing the crap out of England

then they stupidly broke the non agression pact with Russia and started a war on two fronts

afl was five years ahead of us too. And by over expanding in qld especially but also nsw their advantage will be evaporated

beisbane is their Stalingrad

the afl will need ever increasing money to keep its qld clubs alive as the dolphins draw attention fans. And sponsors

and like the Germans being defeated on allied territory carried over to Germans being weak at home, a collapse in qld will weaken afl hugely

Colk

First Grade
By the start of ww2 the nazis were at least five years ahead of the allies

they marched into France and were bombing the crap out of England

then they stupidly broke the non agression pact with Russia and started a war on two fronts

afl was five years ahead of us too. And by over expanding in qld especially but also nsw their advantage will be evaporated

beisbane is their Stalingrad

the afl will need ever increasing money to keep its qld clubs alive as the dolphins draw attention fans. And sponsors

and like the Germans being defeated on allied territory carried over to Germans being weak at home

I’m aware of the Nazis history mate. It is still an improper analogy.

People choose to consume the Swans and Lions because that is their want or wish. I don’t understand it myself but that is what they want to do.

You could put however many sides in Sydney or Brisbane as you want but there will still be people that choose to consume it. Have a look at last year - the Lions crowds went up not down which kind of goes against the narrative you’re trying to make.

Wb1234

Referee
I’m aware of the Nazis history mate. It is still an improper analogy.

People choose to consume the Swans and Lions because that is their want or wish. I don’t understand it myself but that is what they want to do.

You could put however many sides in Sydney or Brisbane as you want but there will still be people that choose to consume it. Have a look at last year - the Lions crowds went up not down which kind of goes against the narrative you’re trying to make.
They only consume those sides because the afl covers their huge losses

those losses will grow and grow to a point the afl can’t afford

the dolphins should be enough to cause grave damage to the lions and suns but sure another nrl side will only quicken their demise

that’s why Perth is a waste of time to defeat afl but bris is key

Canard

Immortal

the dolphins should be enough to cause grave damage to the lions and suns but sure another nrl side will only quicken their demise

grades a very poor effort GIF by 3 Doors Down

Colk

First Grade

Isn’t their revenue like $900 million?

Mate if your argument is true then why haven’t the Swans died? You have had nine sides in Sydney for 25 plus years and the Swans have survived. In some areas they have actually grown. Why is that the case?

Why did the Lions crowds go up last year if the Dolphins are meant to hasten their demise?

As a Rugby League supporter who doesn’t like fumbleball I don’t understand why people follow fumbleball. It is a really low skill sport. Then again just because I don’t understand it doesn’t mean that there aren’t people who do like it.

There are obviously people who go to fumbleball games and their crowds have been consistent over the years regardless of how many sides we have had in Brisbane and Sydney. They obviously have their niche support.

In any case, if fumbleball did die out in Queensland or NSW, or League did die in Victoria (neither of which is likely to happen) it will be down to the decisions and administration of that code not what the other does.

They've underachieved by every metric, not failed. There's a monumental difference between those two positions.

The second Brisbane side was such a sure bet that there was no chance of it failing no mattered how poorly run they were. But let's give it a few years, let the novelty wash away, then see how they're going...

TBF, when it comes to Brisbane your standards of success are so low that you'll say that they're a "success" for as long as they're doing better than the smallest Sydney clubs, which is a very low bar.
You do realise that the Dolphins drew better attendances, TV ratings and revenue from football operations in their first year than the Raiders have in any of their 41 seasons, right?

What does that say about Canberra?

Colk

First Grade
You support a bid that will need a billion dollars to even be viable for entry, let alone ongoing costs.

There’s that too.

There is a bit of cognitive dissonance in lambasting fumbleball expenditure and then saying that we should go to PNG which is way riskier than any of the fumbleball decisions.

So why have t you adopted dolphins as your ’second’ club?
why arent you at Suncorp supporting a beloved brl clubs admission?
you’ve literally been on here for years calling for a club representing your area specifically lol.
you on,y want easts or Ipswich in as you won’t support dolphins as you don’t feel they represent Logan or the sw corridor.

Like I said your a selfish merkin for demanding a third brisbane club whilst fans in others citites don’t have one to support.
I have severe health problems that make it difficult to attend NRL games. I have to carry insulin, food and a glucometer wherever I go because my immune system destroyed the beta cells in my pancreas that produce insulin. I hate using public toilets and don't want to take my insulin, glucometer and food into one. Nor do I want to perform a glucose reading or inject insulin in front of strangers. I also have arthritis in my neck that makes it difficult to turn my head.

A third Brisbane club isn't for me. It's for Brisbane's large and passionate rugby league community and the NRL.

Perth doesn't have enough rugby league fans to support a team. 5k on PTV. 8k on FTA