What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Canard

Immortal
I was right about you having a strong and irrational hatred of SEQ. Your stupid xenophobic post confirms it.

A person doesn't have to be from North Queensland to support the Cowboys. I adopted the Cowboys when they entered the completion because they were true battlers and had a strong and passionate supporter base. I supported the Townsville Suns for the same reason. It wasn't easy being a Cowboys fan in Brisbane when they entered the competition, but I persevered because I love the club. If I ain't a "true fan" after staying loyal despite having other options then no one is.

Using your stupid logic, you're not a real North Queenslander because you f**ked off out of Cairns as soon as you could to live in Melbourne.

You're an insecure yuppie, hey?

I've seen your posts on 4 Corners. They scream "insecure yuppie".
Calls people from Canberra "wankers" and bags out Canberra.

Then accuses me of being Xenophobic (a word of which you clearly don't understand the meaning).

Log off dickhead, you've clearly lost the plot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Search is ur friend. Actually u don't have friends.

Use search
Ive googled and nothing has come up. Ergo you're talking sht as usual

Here we go, we can all play this game

Ch9 want Perth as next club as they see it adding new value through a new market reach for advertisers , the Ch9 boss said so a while back.

so Brisbane2 or 3 arent that valuable to Ch9? In fact you can argue they've taken value away from ch9 if its led to less Broncos games and thats all they care about?
Ch9 didnt think Brisbane2 would be a success, but they are confident Brisbane3 will be? Ch9 paid nothing for Brisbane 2 but theyll pay loads for Brisbane3?
I'm not getting your argument here.

Ch9 only paid as much as they had to because the rights were not put to tender.

Ch9 have already spoken about the appeal of a third Brisbane team.

If the competition goes to 20 teams then I'm confident that the licences will be handed Perth and Brisbane 3 and NZ 2. It'll suck for Adelaide and PNG, but they're light years behind the other three bids.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember the Cowboys vs Broncos games at Willows in the mid-90s. The Broncos had just as much support as the Cowboys. Plenty of North Queenslanders continued to support the Broncos well into 2022. Andrew Symonds was one of them. Not everyone subscribes to the bullshit North Vs South rivalry that blinds @Canard.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ch9 only paid as much as they had to because the rights were not put to tender.

Ch9 have already spoken about the appeal of a third Brisbane team.

I'd the competition goes to 20 teams then I'm confident that the licences will be handed Perth and Brisbane 3 and NZ 2. It'll suck for Adelaide and PNG, but they're light years behind the other three bids.
You could argue that it actually gives a truer picture of how much they valued another Brisbane club. Going to tender just adds value from competition. Ch9 did not pay any money for Brisabne2, that is an undeniable fact. Surely if they saw so much value in it they would have fronted up something?

Link to CH9 and Brisbane3 please, I've been asking Pippen but hes been skirting where they actually said this.

You're probably right or it is likely to be: Brisbane3/PNG Frankenstein, Perth, NZ in that order IF they go to 20 clubs and IF Govt is throwing silly money on table and IF Easts want to run a PNG club, but there's still a lot of IF's to be played out yet.

Pippen94

First Grade
You could argue that it actually gives a truer picture of how much they valued another Brisbane club. Going to tender just adds value from competition. Ch9 did not pay any money for Brisabne2, that is an undeniable fact. Surely if they saw so much value in it they would have fronted up something?

Link to CH9 and Brisbane3 please, I've been asking Pippen but hes been skirting where they actually said this.

You're probably right or it is likely to be: Brisbane3/PNG Frankenstein, Perth, NZ in that order IF they go to 20 clubs and IF Govt is throwing silly money on table and IF Easts want to run a PNG club, but there's still a lot of IF's to be played out yet.

Try using search if it's not too hard

mongoose

Coach
Calls people from Canberra "wankers" and bags out Canberra.

Then accuses me of being Xenophobic (a word of which you clearly don't understand the meaning).

Log off dickhead, you've clearly lost the plot.
He is all over the shop. Says he hates people from North Brisbane (the entire northside of Brisbane) because they are snobs, months ago he says he hates people from Ipswich because they are low class bogans lol