What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Canard

Immortal
Stop exposing your ignorance.

I create my account In May 2020 when season was suspended due to COVID-19. The Broncos were undefeated at that stage and were touted by the media as a premiership contender. No one could have predicted they were going to finish the season in last place. From 2018 until May 2020 there were Broncos fans all over this site heaping shit on the Cowboys in game day threads.

You don't live in Cairns or Townsville now, do you?

You don't even live in Queensland.

Why would a devoted Cowboys fan move to Melbourne?

Try growing up in Brisbane supporting the Cowboys in the mid-90s. I didn't get to see them on TV in 1996. K-Mart didn't even sell their jersey. I stuck by them despite not being able to see them on TV. I could have supported the Broncos, Crushers or Chargers. I stayed loyal to the Cowboys. I may not be a North Queenslander, but I'm a more passionate Cowboys fan than you've ever been.

So after the Broncos won two straight games you were called to action! The hero we deserve!!

What section of the ground did you sit in at the 2015 GF?

You're loyalty to the Cowboys is so strong that you have gone all in on Brisbane Easts bandwagon, pushing for them to get a gig in the NRL. And your ignorant claim that all Cowboys fans should support the Broncos as their 2nd side, just ignoring almost 30 years of history.

You're a plastic fan.

Wb1234

Referee
This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. It's all about the aggrandisement of Brisbane, Queensland's RL legacy, or whatever it is you think you are representing/protecting, at the expense of what is in the interest of the sport as a whole.

The fundamental difference between people like you and me is that you put the interests of your club over those of the game as a whole. You'd kill the sport as a commercial product if you thought it'd suit your club, where I'd murder the Raiders in a heartbeat if I truly believed it was in RL's interests going forward.

Your nonsense narrative about the Raiders is comedy gold BTW.
Nah bs

would you be happy to kick our Canberra for Perth or nz2 (places way stronger than Canberra for a team)

the essence of rugby league is Sydney then Brisbane then Newcastle

mongoose

Coach
pretty sure no one has argued for kicking out any teams except for the wacko from Logan. Funny, he sabotages many threads for months arguing to kick out Sydney clubs, then he does a 180 and is now arguing how important they are to competition and its Canberra that should be kicked out. He's just a shit troll.

MugaB

Coach
pretty sure no one has argued for kicking out any teams except for the wacko from Logan. Funny, he sabotages many threads for months arguing to kick out Sydney clubs, then he does a 180 and is now arguing how important they are to competition and its Canberra that should be kicked out. He's just a shit troll.
Absolute shite troll, you'd swear he was trying to sabotage any thread regarding expansion, as its the only threads he mostly visits, and spout his love for his BRL scorpions from bumf**k logan, 2 years back, he was championing to axe or relocate the broncos, then tigers, then souffs, then went loose on cronulla, then switched to dragons, now its regional canberra,
This flip flopping turd is probably better to be ignored

Bukowski

Juniors
I've argued for kicking out the tigers. But only because I'm one of their fans.

Your mate @The Great Dane has argued for culling Sydney teams on numerous occasions.

Are you so braindead you've forgotten what he's said?

For years you've been on this forum saying the same dumb things and acting as if your insane opinions are facts. When you're proven wrong you just slump off because you're too stupid and arrogant to admit to being wrong about anything.

Here's some of the dumb and crazy shit you've said over the years:

• Redcliffe won't get an NRL licence.
  • A third Brisbane team won't be considered for 30 years

So when the 2nd Brisbane team finally gets introduced do you think that they, the Broncos and Titans are going to be welcoming to a 3rd Brisbane club anytime soon? It will be another 30 years before they even entertain that idea. Will the NRL even exist in 30 years?

Maybe Perth and Adelaide teams will fail but there is no way they will put another 2 or 3 teams in Brisbane in the foreseeable future. You're dreaming if you think the Broncos and News will allow a 3rd Brisbane team so an 18th team will most likely be Perth, Adelaide or NZ.
  • The ARLC and ARU have conspired to deny Perth from having an NRL team

I have a theory which might be a bit tin foil hat but I reckon the NRL (news) has or had a secret agreement with ARU to stay out of WA to give the Force and Australian Rugby "space".
  • There's a conspiracy to prevent the game from growing outside of Queensland and NSW.

I have a conspiracy theory though that the NRL and its broadcast partners (which are one and the same thing really) don't want to invest in junior pathways outside of QLD/NSW as it will diminish State of Origin in the long run.

it makes me wonder if there is some wider conspiracy to restrict RL to its heartland. Greenberg and Beattie just following orders from someone behind the scenes.

Only a deadset lunatic would say these sorts of things.

My stance on rationalisation of Sydney was based on economics. You're too stupid to understand supply and demand. I've shown you the annual reports to support my argument.

The annual report provided by your mate said Canberra made just $3m from football operations. That's less than what the weakest Sydney clubs make from these revenue streams. The Cowboys make 7 times as much as the Raiders from football operations. So yeah, maybe the Raiders should be given the boot. They're a financial basket case. For years they relied on gambling revenue from Logan and Toowoomba to prop up their failed football club, yet they've got three wankers on here telling everyone else how to run the game!

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Your mate @The Great Dane has argued for culling Sydney teams on numerous occasions.

Are you so braindead you've forgotten what he's said?

For years you've been on this forum saying the same dumb things and acting as if your insane opinions are facts. When you're proven wrong you just slump off because you're too stupid and arrogant to admit to being wrong about anything.

Here's just some of the dumb and crazy shit you've said over the years:

• Redcliffe won't get an NRL licence.
  • There's a conspiracy to prevent the game from growing outside of Queensland and NSW.

Only a deadset lunatic would say these sorts of things.
Drumroll people.....

... here it comes....

.....you fkn potato!

mongoose

Coach
Redcliffe won't get an NRL licence.
I am pretty sure I never said this, I predicted they would be the 17th team.
I'm not going to dig up my old posts because that is something only a psychotic loser would do but considering the Broncos existed as the only Brisbane team for the best part of 30 years it makes sense that it could take another 30 years for a 3rd team.
Ehh... why not? what other explanations are there for the NRL not having a plan to expand to WA?
You've said it yourself, the broadcasters aren't interested in teams outside NSW/QLD, they are the biggest influence on the NRL's decisions.

You don't have a clue about the Raiders. They have never relied on pokies from Logan and Toowoomba you dumb shit. They have 5 Leagues clubs across Canberra/Queanbeyan plus other property assets. They have pumped a shit load of money into ACT and southern NSW junior League over the years. We have arguably the best COE in the NRL - we just need the lousy ACT govt to fund a new stadium. If we get one I imagine our crowds will see a major boost. You wouldn't have a clue what it feels like to be in 2 degree temperature plus wind chill on a Canberra winters night though.
We still have 2 more premierships than the Cowboys though and we didn't rely on Queenslanders to win them. Stuart, Daley, Clyde, Lazarus, Furner, Wiki, Mullins, Croker, O'sullivan etc aren't Queenslanders. We were arguably the first club to put a focus on scouting pacific nations in the early 90s. Tim Sheens personally scouted and brought over Ruben Wiki and Noa Nadruku. Dozens of coaches including Craig Bellamy played for the Raiders. Anyway, I'm not justifying the Raiders existence in the NRL to you any further - you stay in your Logan bubble.

I am pretty sure I never said this, I predicted they would be the 17th team.

Show me where you said Redcliffe would get the 17th licence.

I'm not going to dig up my old posts because that is something only a psychotic loser would do but considering the Broncos existed as the only Brisbane team for the best part of 30 years it makes sense that it could take another 30 years for a 3rd team.

What "makes sense" to you and what actually happens are two very different things. It turns out your logic is wrong because a third team has been mentioned by Ch9, Abdo and V'landys.

Ehh... why not? what other explanations are there for the NRL not having a plan to expand to WA?

LOL!

How about the fact the NRL clubs, QRL and NSWRL hold a stake in the ARLC and have never placed the interests of the affiliate states ahead of themselves?

It's not a conspiracy that was conjured in a room between the game's power brokers. It's just self-interest from every club that has voting rights on the ARLC. The AFL Commission isn't dictated to by its clubs because it is set up differently. Their clubs signed licences preventing them from creating a rebel league.

Twelve NRL clubs were against the Dolphins entering the NRL. Didn't stop V'landys from getting them in because they had the capital needed to not be reliant on extra funds from the ARLC. The club has added money to the broadcast rights and are one of the richest clubs in the NRL, drawing more money from sponsorship than any other club bar the Broncos. You're delusional if you think this hasn't impressed the ARLC after all the problems they had with the Titans# Knights and Storm. The Brisbane Tigers offer the ARLC the same benefits as the Dolphins because they're rich and will have no trouble generating support from the corporate sector.

You've said it yourself, the broadcasters aren't interested in teams outside NSW/QLD, they are the biggest influence on the NRL's decisions.

That's because there's no commercial return from broadcasting games in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth. Ch9 make money from broadcasting Queensland teams in Brisbane. It's not a conspiracy. It's just basic economics dictating that the broadcasters get bang for buck.

You don't have a clue about the Raiders. They have never relied on pokies from Logan and Toowoomba you dumb shit.

The other day you said this:

if a pokie den is so important nothing is stopping a WA team from owning one in NSW or QLD. I think the Raiders own a pokie den in Logan lol

LOL!

They have 5 Leagues clubs across Canberra/Queanbeyan plus other property assets. They have pumped a shit load of money into ACT and southern NSW junior League over the years.

There's a reason they have Leagues Clubs all over the country. The annual report that your mate posted said they generated just $3m from football operations. We know from the Gemba Report that clubs need to generate at least $10m to cover operating costs. Without pokies the Raiders would be f**ked. The Greens and Labor have made huge inroads in Canberra. Don't be surprised if they pass a law limiting how much money the snot rag Green Machine can fleece from gambling addicts.

We have arguably the best COE in the NRL - we just need the lousy ACT govt to fund a new stadium.

Well done with the CoE. Good luck getting a stadium. The ACT Gov cares more about fumbleball than rugby league.

If we get one I imagine our crowds will see a major boost. You wouldn't have a clue what it feels like to be in 2 degree temperature plus wind chill on a Canberra winters night though.

Good thing you're not working for the ACT'S tourism department. You make it sound like a bastard of a place to live.

We still have 2 more premierships than the Cowboys though and we didn't rely on Queenslanders to win them.

All won in the NSWRL era. The last time your club lifted the Provan Summons Trophy was when Mal Meninga was your main player.

You realise that Mal Meninga is a Queenslander, right?

Another Queenslander from the 1994 premiership team was Origin and Test dummy half Steve Walters.

Stuart, Daley, Clyde, Lazarus, Furner, Wiki, Mullins, Croker, O'sullivan etc aren't Queenslanders.

I never said they were. Kevin and Steve Walters most definitely were. So was Gary Belcher and Mal Meninga. Other Queenslanders played for the Raiders in the late 80s. Bennett was their coach at one stage.

We were arguably the first club to put a focus on scouting pacific nations in the early 90s. Tim Sheens personally scouted and brought over Ruben Wiki and Noa Nadruku.

That's because the local kids in Canberra aren't very good at football. You also raided northern England until most of your imports decided they didn't want to live in Canberra.

Dozens of coaches including Craig Bellamy played for the Raiders. Anyway, I'm not justifying the Raiders existence in the NRL to you any further - you stay in your Logan bubble.

Tell me more about the pokie den in Logan that you talked up the other day?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
GRTD where are you getting $3mill FC revenue from for Raiders? Even the worse performing clubs in that area are bringing in over $11mill. I've got their FC revenue at $16.3mill from their annual report.

club fc revenue.jpg

mongoose

Coach
Show me where you said Redcliffe would get the 17th licence.
no.

What "makes sense" to you and what actually happens are two very different things. It turns out your logic is wrong because a third team has been mentioned by Ch9, Abdo and V'landys.

Abdo and V'landys have also talked about NZ2, Perth and PNG as possibilities for team 18. You need to stop citing flippant comments made to the media as evidence of things. I'm not convinced the NRL will go to 20 teams in a hurry, nor will any current teams fold to make way for Brisbane 3.

LOL!

How about the fact the NRL clubs, QRL and NSWRL hold a stake in the ARLC and have never placed the interests of the affiliate states ahead of themselves?

It's not a conspiracy that was conjured in a room between the game's power brokers. It's just self-interest from every club that has voting rights on the ARLC. The AFL Commission isn't dictated to by its clubs because it is set up differently. Their clubs signed licences preventing them from creating a rebel league.

Twelve NRL clubs were against the Dolphins entering the NRL. Didn't stop V'landys from getting them in because they had the capital needed to not be reliant on extra funds from the ARLC. The club has added money to the broadcast rights and are one of the richest clubs in the NRL, drawing more money from sponsorship than any other club bar the Broncos. You're delusional if you think this hasn't impressed the ARLC after all the problems they had with the Titans# Knights and Storm. The Brisbane Tigers offer the ARLC the same benefits as the Dolphins because they're rich and will have no trouble generating support from the corporate sector.

You're holding some comment I made against me that I really don't care about or am that invested in. I think I said it was a tin foil hat comment at the time. I've made plenty of dumb comments and predictions on this forum. I think I said Anthony Milford would be a once in a generation player many years back.

The other day you said this
:if a pokie den is so important nothing is stopping a WA team from owning one in NSW or QLD. I think the Raiders own a pokie den in Logan lol

huh? The Raiders owned some sports club in Logan once, doesn't mean they relied on that one club to prop them up. Once again taking a single comment ridiculously out of context.

There's a reason they have Leagues Clubs all over the country. The annual report that your mate posted said they generated just $3m from football operations. We know from the Gemba Report that clubs need to generate at least $10m to cover operating costs. Without pokies the Raiders would be f**ked. The Greens and Labor have made huge inroads in Canberra. Don't be surprised if they pass a law limiting how much money the snot rag Green Machine can fleece from gambling addicts.

You think the Raiders are the only club with pokies? anyway I'm not getting into the financials of clubs, I find it boring. All Clubs get enough from the grant to keep them afloat and the Raiders have more than just Leagues clubs.

All won in the NSWRL era. The last time your club lifted the Provan Summons Trophy was when Mal Meninga was your main player.

You realise that Mal Meninga is a Queenslander, right?

Another Queenslander from the 1994 premiership team was Origin and Test dummy half Steve Walters.

What's the argument here exactly? most teams that have won premierships have a few Queenslanders.

That's because the local kids in Canberra aren't very good at football.

You wouldn't know, you've never been to greater Brisbane, let alone Canberra.

Why are the Tigers pokie dens good but others are bad?

Strawman.

Brisbane Tigers won't be relying solely on pokies you dope.

They'll be generating about $20-25m from football operations. There's no way the corporate sector will not invest in a club that's located 4km from the CBD and plays all of its games at Lang Park. It'll be richer than the Dolphins and not far behind the Broncos.

Please tell me you're not stupid enough to think the Brisbane Tigers will struggle to generate revenue from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, merchandise and membership?

It's hard to know when you're being serious versus generally ignorant because a) you think Adelaide is a legitimate chance of picking up one of the next three licences and b) you didn't know that the weaker Sydney clubs generate from very little revenue football operations. Go read the annual reports and Gemba Report before talking about expansion, as you're clearly unaware of what is required to run an NRL club. You call yourself a Cowboys fan yet you didn't know they've always generated strong revenue from sponsorship and corporate hospitality. Some fan you are.

Canard

Immortal
Strawman.

Brisbane Tigers won't be relying solely on pokies you dope.

They'll be generating about $20-25m from football operations. There's no way the corporate sector will not invest in a club that's located 4km from the CBD and plays all of its games at Lang Park. It'll be richer than the Dolphins and not far behind the Broncos.

Please tell me you're not stupid enough to think the Brisbane Tigers will struggle to generate revenue from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, merchandise and membership?

It's hard to know when you're being serious versus generally ignorant because a) you think Adelaide is a legitimate chance of picking up one of the next three licences and b) you didn't know that the weaker Sydney clubs generate from very little revenue football operations. Go read the annual reports and Gemba Report before talking about expansion, as you're clearly unaware of what is required to run an NRL club. You call yourself a Cowboys fan yet you didn't know they've always generated strong revenue from sponsorship and corporate hospitality. Some fan you are.

So any BRL club, or new club could fit the bill then, there is nothing unique to the Tigers about anything you've raised above, IF you take out there pokie den money.

Why do you lie so much? Post one quote whereby I said Adelaide is a "legitimate" chance of getting an NRL license?

Abdo and V'landys have also talked about NZ2, Perth and PNG as possibilities for team 18. You need to stop citing flippant comments made to the media as evidence of things. I'm not convinced the NRL will go to 20 teams in a hurry, nor will any current teams fold to make way for Brisbane 3.

Abdo last commented on NZ 2 in 2021. V'landys refused to talk to the WA Gov at Magic Round last year and told them to "talk to the Bears". The talk has mostly been about Brisbane 3 with flippant comments about Pasifika.

You're holding some comment I made against me that I really don't care about or am that invested in. I think I said it was a tin foil hat comment at the time. I've made plenty of dumb comments and predictions on this forum. I think I said Anthony Milford would be a once in a generation player many years back.

It sums up your position on expansion. You think the next teams are going to be Adelaide and Perth "just because", despite all the signs pointing to the ARLC not caring for expansion into AFL cities. What it comes down to is you're very arrogant and live in a fantasy world. You only see what you want to see and mock anyone who refuses to be as narrow-minded as you. When you're proven wrong you refuse to concede defeat.

You're like the other Raiders fan who goes psycho whenever people mention Brisbane 3 because he thinks the game should abandon established clubs in Brisbane and Sydney then build a new one from scratch in Adelaide.

Both of you are very insecure, too. Instead of admitting that the Raiders make f**k all revenue from football operations, your mate tried to make out they're doing well for a regional city. The fact is the Cowboys earn 7 times more than the Raiders in a city that's smaller than Canberra. Apparently the Raiders don't struggle for talent, despite having numerous players walk away from deals they signed with them out of preference to live in Brisbane, Sydney and England.

huh? The Raiders owned some sports club in Logan once, doesn't mean they relied on that one club to prop them up. Once again taking a single comment ridiculously out of context.

Why do you think they owned it?

To make money.

You think the Raiders are the only club with pokies? anyway I'm not getting into the financials of clubs, I find it boring. All Clubs get enough from the grant to keep them afloat and the Raiders have more than just Leagues clubs.

Most clubs have pokies, but that's not the point. The problem for the Raiders is they struggle on and off the field, despite having very little competition in a city of 400k+ people. That means there's no room for growth and explains why they tried to worm their way into the SEQ. It also explains why you and two other Raiders fans are trying to white ant Brisbane 3 after doing the same to Brisbane 2. The three of you are trying to hold the game back in Brisbane because you're scared of your club falling further behind the other clubs off the field. You advocate for Adelaide and Perth because you don't view them as a threat.

Get this through your skull. Your club makes almost 10 times as much from pokies than football operations. Every Sydney club makes more money from football operations, despite having to compete for marketshare in a congested city. If there are any restrictions placed on gambling then the Raiders will be impacted the most.

What's the argument here exactly? most teams that have won premierships have a few Queenslanders.

The dummy half and centre from the 1994 GF represented Queensland and Australia that year. Without them the club probably wouldn't have won the 1994 premiership. So yeah, it's fair to say the club relied on Queenslanders. Another Queenslander, Gary Belcher, helped the Raiders in the late 80s. All three premierships featured Big Mal.

You wouldn't know, you've never been to greater Brisbane, let alone Canberra.

I live in Greater Brisbane you dickhead.

That reminds me.

In 2020 you didn't know that Logan is a city, despite it being declared as one by the Queensland Gov in 1982. So it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't know what encompasses Greater Brisbane.

Last edited: