What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Colk

First Grade
Won’t happen with the Wests Tigers still in the NRL.
Latest word is the Brisbane Tigers are a certainty for 18, 19 or 20 and they are being linked to a NSW Cup side.
Not sure if AFL has the name ownership though.

You seem very sure. Who are the next 3 sides?

Centy Coast

Juniors
What's Brisbane 3. Got to do with West tiger's
Just the Tigers name, Bris Tigers will be Bris3, but they won’t be able to be the Tigers.
Which fits in with rumors I’ve heard.
PNG, NZ2, Perth and Bris3 all fighting for those 3 spots, with the Bears waiting to jump into bed with three of those possibilities..
It’s all up to NRL hierarchy at the end of the day.

Just the Tigers name, Bris Tigers will be Bris3, but they won’t be able to be the Tigers.
Which fits in with rumors I’ve heard.
PNG, NZ2, Perth and Bris3 all fighting for those 3 spots, with the Bears waiting to jump into bed with three of them.
It’s all up to the NRL in the end.
I'll never understand why the Tigers don't change their name to Brisbane Bengals at all levels. It will differentiate them from Balmain/Wests.

blue bags

First Grade
With Brisbane Bengal's
Brisbane 3rd team
NRL could have 2 games every weekend at Lang Park. Suncorp
Bengal's. Dolphin's. Broncos
That would be fantastic 🤩
Brisvegas would love it
Friday Saturday nights
WOW Just imagine what that would do for exposure. Tv ratings. Big tv money

Canard

Immortal
I'll never understand why the Tigers don't change their name to Brisbane Bengals at all levels. It will differentiate them from Balmain/Wests.
Besides being a f**king stupid name change, after 100 years why should a QCup level team change its name? And for what purpose?

It's not like they are selling any great amount of merchandise.

MugaB

Coach
Better off with a different mascot all together, and frankly snce the arlc has already given a licence to the dolphins, theyd be better off being in a different city too...
What you are proposing is a name change to their whole brand just to get a licence, not to benefit their current set up, the firehawks sucked as a bid, but thats the way they had to do it, wests tigers exist, they aren't going to create an Easts Tigers in the comp too..
I proposed years back, Brisbane Sabres as it still keeps a tiger mascot without confusing it with wests

Centy Coast

Juniors
No Perth

png nz2 and Brisbane 3

Besides being a f**king stupid name change, after 100 years why should a QCup level team change its name? And for what purpose?

It's not like they are selling any great amount of merchandise.
Because if the Tigers were to make a bid obviously they can’t be called the Tigers, why is this so hard to understand ?.

Latest posts