What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

applesauce

Bench
Queenslanders are wierd :p

I have varying degrees of hatred towards most other Sydney teams, indifferent to some, and couldn't give a f**k about the interstate sides..

We just have a different mentality, because of the underdog in Origin and the NSWRL I guess. Unless we are playing each other we unite against NSW teams so we see each other more as allies I guess. I am sure if we had 9 teams around in Brissy we would feel the same as you guys do.

AuDragon

Juniors
We just have a different mentality, because of the underdog in Origin and the NSWRL I guess. Unless we are playing each other we unite against NSW teams so we see each other more as allies I guess. I am sure if we had 9 teams around in Brissy we would feel the same as you guys do.
This ^^^^
Broncos, Cowboys and Titans in that order. Outside of Qld, Raiders and Tigers, the latter due to the excitement machine they have running around in the no. 6.

Jakemcc

Juniors
The underdog thing though has introduced the big problem of QLD having to learn how to win with class. I never seen such bad winners in all my years.

AuDragon

Juniors
The underdog thing though has introduced the big problem of QLD having to learn how to win with class. I never seen such bad winners in all my years.
I don't know why, but this awfully sounds like a bad loser excuse...:crazy:

beave

Coach
Me personally, cannot f**king stand the Broncos. Stems from us not beating them in 10 years I guess, they used to parade around DFS like they owned the joint at the end of the games up here. Titans I'm indifferent about. I look at it like this, they got given a beautiful new stadium with a half decent roof, we still have a stadium that is need of desperate upgrading and a roof. Call it jealousy, maybe but I think it's a tad unfair to the people up here in what we have to put up with stadium wise. They've also had that many chances on the GC. We were just as shiitehouse in our first 10 years like they were but the fans still turned up at DFS to support the team (pretty much the only reason why we are still in the comp) unlike those on the tweed. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Titans are in the comp, but I have more interest in a team like the raiders or St George than I do our other state rivals.

I think the Brisbane2 bid would probably be my 2nd team if they come in. But a very distant 2nd,........ will always be a cowboy \m/

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Until the cowboys can't beat Brisbane 2 and you are forced to watch from a sh*t stadium yet another team with a great stadium walking around your stadium like they own the place.

beave

Coach
hahaha true.

(took me a while to figure out what the hell you were on about then, but I got there in the end!!)

Goddo

Bench
Yeah, I agree.

Redcliffe is a good location for a St George Illawarra style club maybe tapping into the Sunshine Coast to the North. I think the next NRL side in Brissy needs to be south of the river.

So far, its seems like they are talking with different QRL Cup teams and councils to see whats the best arangement for a base. You never know, going public like this may be a move to put pressure on someone else to give them a better deal. Politics.

Redcliffe have been quietly agitating for a while now for a crack at the NRL. Maybe they see this bid as the best way to do it?

Looks like they have a couple of big sponsors lined up. Insurers and Brewers... AAMI or Suncorp probably, in rivalry with the NRMA Broncos? They have Bundy signed up, so I doubt its a rum or spirit company, probably Beer or wine. XXXX, Cascade, James Squire, Jacobs Creek?

I think most of the bids are working away behind scenes and not letting much on. Its a race to the finish line, and they are keeping their cards close to the chest.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Yeah, I agree.

Redcliffe is a good location for a St George Illawarra style club maybe tapping into the Sunshine Coast to the North. I think the next NRL side in Brissy needs to be south of the river.

thought there territory was going to be South and West? not north and whatever else. Now this silly bid (if successful) will kill two potential great teams, A 2nd Brisbane and a Redcliffe/North team, they are already (if successful) killing the a potential great team in 2nd Brisbane iin itself with this joke of a bid.

No wonder every body is laughing at it.

Goddo

Bench
I think its hard for the Qld bids to nail down exactly where they will be based simply because there are so many options, and there has been no direction from the NRL, other than Gallops comments about the Ipswich-Logan corridor, and a general desire for more NRL sides in SE Queensland.

We have had Redcliffe block the Gold Coast using the name "Dolphins" in the NRL so they can use it at some time in the future, now flirting with this bid,

Ipswich Jets have clearly stated their intentions, targeting a QLD Gov funded Skilled park style home in Springfiled,

Brisbane Easts with just unveiled intention to bid, probably in Ipswich,

talk from this Brisbane II bid being a South Brisbane side, based right on the Southbank at Davies Park (about as close to Suncorp and the CBD as the Broncos are at Red Hill)

talk from this bid about the area around Redlands to the South East of Brisbane...

What next, Souths-Logan or Manly-Wynnum launching a bid? Clearly, there aren't enough sides in Brisbane.

Goddo

Bench
Heres the article for those too lazy to click a link:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/.../story-fn2mcuj6-1226021930249?from=public_rss
Redcliffe Dolphins have emerged as a possible headquarters for the Brisbane bid team campaigning for an NRL licence in 2013.

Headed up by successful Brisbane businessman Craig Davison, the bid went public last month, naming sponsors and identifying Brisbane Souths home ground Davies Park at West End and an unnamed location in the Redlands Shire as their possible NRL headquarters.

The Dolphins impressive set-up on the peninsular, with it's successful league's club, administrative offices, gymnasium and training fields has strong appeal.

Davison confirmed the consortium had held talks with Redcliffe officials on Tuesday morning about utilising their excellent facilities along with their Queensland Cup side.
It's understood Moreton Bay Shire Mayor Allan Sutherland supports the idea of having an NRL team based at Redcliffe.

"I'm not sure where you heard it from but we are having discussions with Redcliffe," Davison said.

"Redcliffe have invited us to consider a proposal to use their facilities and base our headquarters out of their club.

"We'd have the use of their excellent training facilities, gymnasium, fields and offices to set up our operation there.

"It's quite impressive, but it's just one of our options.

"We're also looking at Davies Park and at a location in Redlands."
Davison said the bid team, which included Bill Rae and Nicholas Livermore, had not been idle since it's public launch on February 21.

"We're in the process of finalising discussions with two big insurance companies and with two of the largest brewers in the country," he said.

The NRL has not updated the bid group on any expansion plans and that's unlikely to happen until the formation of a new commission in a few months.

"I hope the commission comes on board sooner than expected which I believe could be the end of April," said Davison.

"When that happens we (and rival bidders Ipswich, Central Queensland, Central Coast and Perth) might all get and idea of what's going on.

"We're all still a bit in the dark but we're pushing ahead with our bid to make sure we're ready to roll as soon as the NRL makes a decision."

BDGS

Bench
Oh FFS...

All these great Brisbane based bids you talk of, and yet you don't want a second Brisbane team at all.

I do want a second Brisbane team, just not one that is run by this bid team.

I have made that quite clear a number of times, try to keep old boy.

smithie

Juniors
The headquarters for Brisbane II must be Davies Park because it's virtually in the centre of Brisbane. Redcliffe is not Brisbane, just like Ipswich is not Brisbane.