What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane3 - What is needed to make it a successful bid?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah I didn't know either until I was told on these forums, but this was the quote from Terry Reader, the Dolphins CEO

“We weren’t allowed to be called Redcliffe or we wouldn’t be allowed to play in the Queensland Cup,”

QRL are determined to not have NRL resented in the comp so as to maintain it as separate from a true reserve grade.

steeden.

Juniors
QRL are determined to not have NRL resented in the comp so as to maintain it as separate from a true reserve grade.
As much as I hate the Dolphins being “Dolphins NRL” I see their point, the moment they allow that (and the Cows/Titans having their own teams) the NRL will totally just make the national reserve grade they dream about

mongoose

Coach
Just relocate West Tigers to West Brisbane/Ipswich. Won’t even need to change the name. Hopefully they will stop being so rubbish. Alternatively, just wait until PNG falls over and then bring them in.
Brisbane will never support a relocated Sydney club in big numbers. They would have to completely re-brand... may as well just use one of the existing QRL brands. If Wests joined up with Easts Tigers then maybe... one game at Leichardt I suppose.

dannlarusso

Juniors
Happy to be called out for my Brisbane ignorance here, but it's fun to discuss..

Would Brisbane 3 be a merger of the Easts Tigers & Ipswich Jets and cater to the west, or am I wrongly merging two massively different bids?

Is there a name that represents West Brisbane in a similar way Macarthur FC encapsulates the area in Sydney's South West? Tigers as a mascot is taken, so I would assume Jets would be the go-to here.

Colours could be an emerald green (Ipswich) and black, with some orange highlights (Tigers)?

I have almost zero Brisbane/SEQ knowledge, so just curious to see if there are options in an attempt at avoiding another "The" or third "West" name in the NRL.

- Sunshine State Jets?
- Meeanjin Jets (Turrbal name for Brisbane)?
- South Queensland Jets (might be too reminiscent of the Crushers..)?

or if it's unavoidable, "West Brisbane Jets"?

Last edited:

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Wb1234

Referee
Brisbane will never support a relocated Sydney club in big numbers. They would have to completely re-brand... may as well just use one of the existing QRL brands. If Wests joined up with Easts Tigers then maybe... one game at Leichardt I suppose.
Yet they support a relocated Melbourne side in large numbers

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Happy to be called out for my Brisbane ignorance here, but it's fun to discuss..

Would Brisbane 3 be a merger of the Easts Tigers & Ipswich Jets and cater to the west, or am I wrongly merging two massively different bids?

Is there a name that represents West Brisbane in a similar way Macarthur FC encapsulates the area in Sydney's South West? Tigers as a mascot is taken, so I would assume Jets would be the go-to here.

Colours could be an emerald green (Ipswich) and black, with some orange highlights (Tigers)?

I have almost zero Brisbane/SEQ knowledge, so just curious to see if there are options in an attempt at avoiding another "The" or third "West" name in the NRL.

- Sunshine State Jets?
- Meeanjin Jets (Turrbal name for Brisbane)?
- South Queensland Jets (might be too reminiscent of the Crushers..)?

or if it's unavoidable, "West Brisbane Jets"?
East Coast.

The Dolphins should have grabbed it.

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah I didn't know either until I was told on these forums, but this was the quote from Terry Reader, the Dolphins CEO

“We weren’t allowed to be called Redcliffe or we wouldn’t be allowed to play in the Queensland Cup,”

Same qrl that were against the Dolphins being admitted into the nrl

Latest posts