What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos V St Helens match thread

stevie013

Juniors
for a game this early in the season, i thought it was pretty good. all credit to saints, they were the better team in the end. brisbane looked a little bit flat towards the end and looked like a team that was a bit pannicky in some of their options. i enjoyed it though.

Leek UK

Juniors
Cowgirl86 said:
Did you not follow last year....he had everything,he wanted to win this and top it off.
Bit slow...eh:crazy:

Yes but according to most on here,the game means little to the players in ozz.:cool:

Bicey_18

Bench
Completley off topic but..

Some classic commentating by Stephenson .. where does he come up with this stuff?

* T R Y
* SUPERB
* Cant believe the referee didnt see that
* Has to go for the one point Eddie

Dead set the guy says this in just about every ESL match Ive watched over the past few yrs... Its kinda sad that I was expecting him to say those quotes at least twice

Mr Saab

Referee
Leek UK said:
Yes but according to most on here,the game means little to the players in ozz.:cool:

It would matter to the players, but to the majority of fans they would not give a toss.
The big thing for Australians is their team winning the GF.

Leek UK

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
It would matter to the players, but to the majority of fans they would not give a toss.
The big thing for Australians is their team winning the GF.
same over here,the grand final and challenge cup are bigger and mean more to fans and players

Leek UK

Juniors
Bicey_18 said:
Completley off topic but..

Some classic commentating by Stephenson .. where does he come up with this stuff?

* T R Y
* SUPERB
* Cant believe the referee didnt see that
* Has to go for the one point Eddie

Dead set the guy says this in just about every ESL match Ive watched over the past few yrs... Its kinda sad that I was expecting him to say those quotes at least twice
we have to listen to the fool 3 times a week:?

Shorty

Staff member
Leek UK said:
same over here,the grand final and challenge cup are bigger and mean more to fans and players
I'd say there were quite a few people at the stadium...

Leek UK

Juniors
Cowgirl86 said:
I'd say there were quite a few people at the stadium...

23,500 i think.normally 70,000 at the grand final and will be 85000 at the challenge cup this year if its at wembeley

McCrud

Juniors
Mr Saab said:

I can't speak for other Broncos fans - but I certainly was desperate for a Broncos victory, the WCC is a great concept and a worthwhile competition. I don't know why people have to set about denigrating the event - you can bet your backside if we won the thing we'd be crowing about it no end.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah but I think this year people have taken more notice,and next year with next years premiers will head into the same way as the Broncos did.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Le KooK said:
I can't speak for other Broncos fans - but I certainly was desperate for a Broncos victory, the WCC is a great concept and a worthwhile competition. I don't know why people have to set about denigrating the event - you can bet your backside if we won the thing we'd be crowing about it no end.
I can't work it out either. The Broncos certainly went there to try and win it.
Well done St Helens.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Le KooK said:

I agree it is a great concept, but i think it shouldn't be competed by 2 teams in one off match, the comp would have more meaning if you have compteting for the prize equivelant to a Euro champions league style tournamont.

Glenn

First Grade
JasonE said:
The majority of the SL season is played in summer in the uk which would be fairly similiar to playing in an Aussie winter so playing out here wouldn't make a great deal of difference as has been shown by their youth teams who have toured out here in recent seasons with great success.

Try playing it in the Australian Summer, down here ;-)

Shorty

Staff member
I think the timing of the event is the problem....people are more excited about the NRL season starting up and don't take it seriously.
End of year would be better.

Latest posts