What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Canard

Immortal

Id say its more like the blogger reads this website. It would be interesting to see the video or a transcript of that piece however.

Just the way its written suggests its a bit of bullshit, you would surely take legal action against the TV station not the individual.

Remember when Dank was taken legal action against "various media outlets" for $10M, where that end up?

Fire

First Grade
Is Wally in the QLD click?

Ben could be f**king up his chances to play for QLD one day doing this.

Still, can't blame him though.

Wally's brain is far too relaxed.

Danish

Referee
I can see the settlement discussions now....

"Sure Ben. You can have the $1 million your lawyers are asking for....... OR THE CONTENTS OF THIS BOX"

mystery-box.jpg

nqcowboy87

Bench
id sue wally if i was barba. what i thought was messed up was a newspaper printing paparazzi photos of him with his kids at the rehab centre.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
id sue wally if i was barba. what i thought was messed up was a newspaper printing paparazzi photos of him with his kids at the rehab centre.

I would expect they were invited by the Bulldogs media manager in an attempt to portray him as the caring family man.

redvscotty

First Grade
If you squint hard enough that actually looks like Wally.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mystery-box.jpg
    mystery-box.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 140

Garts

Bench
I would expect they were invited by the Bulldogs media manager in an attempt to portray him as the caring family man.

I have not seen the pictures, what publication are they in? Must have been taken on Sunday, as the facility he is at only allows visitors on Sunday's. My BIL was a guest there.

thorson1987

Coach

I'd go for Channel 9.

He would get more money that way.

And let's be serious, is Wally smart enough to do the sports report without the teleprompter.

Reminds me of Anchorman.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
On what planet would the Bulldogs media manager have anything to do with Ben's rehab?

Some of you are severely f**ked in the head.

Garts

Bench
On what planet would the Bulldogs media manager have anything to do with Ben's rehab?

I agree. But to be honest nothing would surprise me nowadays. The club has to protect its brand, Barba is a massive part of their brand. As a result risk management and mitigation strategies would be discussed to assist in protecting that brand.

Burwood

Bench
I haven't been following the story closely, but it could even be his own manager that is involved. Not only are the Bulldogs a brand, but Ben Barba himself is also a brand that needs protecting.

Billybob

Juniors
Geez there is a broad definition of domestic violence
http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/vaw/dvguidelines.nsf/pages/definitions

Barba's lawyers would have to prove none of this occurred
I'm no lawyer but how does one disprove or prove if it happened
Would they risk putting Barba under oath to answer the questions that would come his way?
I can see a drawn out legal battle and if he is not of sound mind right now, does he put himself through all this

Seriously just do the rehab get better and move to Townsville and play for the cows ( no spotlight up here, and his kids are an hours flight away )

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

After the alleged gang rape, the salary cap fraud, the carrying on of players to journalists after this took place, the fans carrying on like animals attacking fans of other clubs, destroying trains, cars, a player being involved in spot match fixing, players allegedly abusing the media on mad monday and the delayed response to this taking place, the club has to be at absolute damage control now. They have to make sure their prized asset is shown in the best possible light.

Spot On

Coach
Well when you put it that way it's probably fair to assume Toddy ain't sitting back having a few schooners shooting the breeze.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
His re-hab is a f**king media circus, of course the media manager will be involved.

Oh dear. Sad sad sad.

After the alleged gang rape, the salary cap fraud, the carrying on of players to journalists after this took place, the fans carrying on like animals attacking fans of other clubs, destroying trains, cars, a player being involved in spot match fixing, players allegedly abusing the media on mad monday and the delayed response to this taking place, the club has to be at absolute damage control now. They have to make sure their prized asset is shown in the best possible light.

:lol:

Let's list a bunch of events, some over a decade ago... :lol:

We get it, you hate Canterbury.

Latest posts