What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt or Hayne

Stagger eel

Staff member
Offcourse it matters what injury he had, why didn't he play? he's being paid by the club, so if he wasn't injured what was he doing?

and when he returned why wouldn't he return to the same position?

I knew you were about to bring up the whinging to the press:lol:

And again, so what if he was our highest point scorer, If Inu was our kicker he too would also, even Riddell ffs would be it too:roll:

So you know how much Burt is on? then if he's that good surely someother club would throw him the same money that Hayne is on right?

you don't understand ronny, I'm not here to argue that he's better than Hayne, that would be silly, I will argue that he's no where near as bad as what you and BB percieve him to be...and the princess himself conceded that he was well below par in the press but yet still defended him like long lost lover.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
No reason............just cannot for the life of me believe that you think that.
Short memories.......... 2007??

Suity

Glad you mentioned the short memories of 2007 thing, there i was thinking everyone slept through it:sarcasm:

I haven't seen anything to convince me that Inu is better at offloading and passing then Hayne.

Suitman

Post Whore
Glad you mentioned the short memories of 2007 thing, there i was thinking everyone slept through it:sarcasm:

I haven't seen anything to convince me that Inu is better at offloading and passing then Hayne.

OK then. We beg to differ.

In any case, I hope this helps....................
I recommend a subscription.

www.foxtel.com.au.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
you don't understand ronny, I'm not here to argue that he's better than Hayne, that would be silly, I will argue that he's no where near as bad as what you and BB percieve him to be...and the princess himself conceded that he was well below par in the press but yet still defended him like long lost lover.

It sounds like you're arguing that.

Simply answer this Stagger, this will tell me who should be our fullback in 2009:

a) Hayne
b) Burt

I'v never said that Hayne was great in 2008, quote me where i have, the whole side was a basket case, but Hayne is the only one singled out? Inu was just as bad, Burt was a shocker, Grothe no comment...the only ones who could hold there heads up high imo were Feleti, Reddy, Matt keating and Tautai ( both rookies did well in tough situations).

Stagger eel

Staff member
It sounds like you're arguing that.

Simply answer this Stagger, this will tell me who should be our fullback in 2009:

a) Hayne
b) Burt

I'v never said that Hayne was great in 2008, quote me where i have, the whole side was a basket case, but Hayne is the only one singled out? Inu was just as bad, Burt was a shocker, Grothe no comment...the only ones who could hold there heads up high imo were Feleti, Reddy, Matt keating and Tautai ( both rookies did well in tough situations).

does this answer your question???

I wouldn't have Burt in my team at full strength but would still make a terrific back up and is definitely paid less than what he's worth, as for Golden Child 1? when you get paid more than 200K than Burt I expect him to play that much better and atleast contribute just as much on the scoreboard...he certainly didn't last year.

Hayne failed in my opinion and let himself and the club down but certainly wasn't alone, this year, I expect nothing short of a big season of him individually, infact by rights he should be taking over Hindy's mantle as player of the year, anything short of that is a failure.

caylo

Bench
The Hayne v Inu debate is silly, they are two very different players who can play 1-5 better than most and for different reasons.

Inu has quick feet, good hands and is able to turn players inside out. Hayne is stronger, more likely to break through tackles and is better in reading defence for attacking and defending purposes. At fullback I would have hayne slightly ahead and Inu slightly ahead in the centres, with the wing spot neak and neak. They are both terific athletes which we should appreciate having in the one side. With an Inform Ben Smith and Eric Grothe, that should be enough to see us score alot of points. Our halfs have the backline to score from anywhere on the park and on paper we should be a top 6 if not top 4 side.l

yy_cheng

Coach
The Hayne v Inu debate is silly, they are two very different players who can play 1-5 better than most and for different reasons.

Inu has quick feet, good hands and is able to turn players inside out. Hayne is stronger, more likely to break through tackles and is better in reading defence for attacking and defending purposes. At fullback I would have hayne slightly ahead and Inu slightly ahead in the centres, with the wing spot neak and neak. They are both terific athletes which we should appreciate having in the one side. With an Inform Ben Smith and Eric Grothe, that should be enough to see us score alot of points. Our halfs have the backline to score from anywhere on the park and on paper we should be a top 6 if not top 4 side.l

And then thing is, it can all get unstuck in the halves.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fair enough, do you think the World Cup may have matured him though? do you think 2009 we will see the best of him under DA?

yes, I think the world cup did wonders for him, it was probably more productive for him off the field than on it but it was great for his continued development.

I'm not demanding it but I am expecting nothing short of a massive year from him...

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I think we need Burt on the team. Not necessarily at fullback, but his experience and skill (now comes the Burt criticism) comes in very handy when we need it.

Burt had a spectacular season a few years ago under Brian. Neither Jason nor Hagan could manage to get him to do it again. Hopefully Anderson is the key.

Eelementary

Post Whore
An immediate change I would make is to have Inu kicking goals - that way you take pressure off of Burt to have to convert everything. Plus it gives the young kid some more responsibility, which is always good.

The Colonel

Immortal
Personally, I think we need Burt on the team. Not necessarily at fullback, but his experience and skill (now comes the Burt criticism) comes in very handy when we need it.

Burt had a spectacular season a few years ago under Brian. Neither Jason nor Hagan could manage to get him to do it again. Hopefully Anderson is the key.

2007 before he was injured was under Hagan.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
My bad. The years are blending in - I can't remember what year it was but he was having a corker and then got injured and couldn't really recapture his form again.

But the crux of what I am trying to say is that I believe Anderson can breathe new life into Burt and get him back to his best. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing. He cops a lot of criticism but he can be a very valuable asset to this team.

strider

Post Whore
and Burt had a very good end to 2006 under JT .... after returning from injury when Wade got injured ... JT was in charge at this point - I remember wade was playing great before getting injured, then Burt came in a played really well and then JT didn't want to drop Burt and played Wade off the bench (total waste having a spare fullback on the bench really) ..... I think Burt fell out of favour with BS by the end of BS's tenure - BS dropped him a few times

Raudonikis

Juniors
Well its certainly going to be interesting to see what DA does with the side and we dont have very long to wait to find out now either.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
He has suffered like others with the departure of a quality ball player. Finch may have heart but he doesn't create opportunities like Tim Smith did.