What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

Big Pete

Referee
Much worse.

That has to be up there as one of the worst grapples I've seen, if they had of kept going with it they could've snapped his neck!

I'm fine with the loss last night but it's losing to a team that gets away with something like that which makes it hard to accept.

Frailty

First Grade
Im just hoping the Sharks keep their cool and stick to the game plan and don't get rattled like the broncos did last night.

All was fine until halftime when Melbourne started their tactics.

no name

Coach
Don't be surprised when he gets off.

Agree, should but won't. (be suspended)
"Semi's aren more important", "the players are the drawing factor of the game"
Shut up Gus. If players play by the rules they won't need to worry about missing big games.
I think we will see a true indication of the state of the game with this matter.

Much worse.

That has to be up there as one of the worst grapples I've seen, if they had of kept going with it they could've snapped his neck!

I'm fine with the loss last night but it's losing to a team that gets away with something like that which makes it hard to accept.

Agreed Pete. As a Sharks supporter I would have preferred playing the Broncs, not because I don't believe we will beat those dirt bag stormers, I just don't want to see anymore of their disgusting tackling and besides, we would be you guys as well. lol

McLovin

Staff member
0,,6260665,00.jpg

Smith is the grubbiest player in the NRL. He jumps over the back of Sam with his head still firmly in his grasp...Filthy kent...

Suspend him for 10 weeks...

Evolution

Juniors
The Rodgers grapple just for some comparison for the worst tackle in history people.

grapple.jpg
grapple1.jpg
grapple2.jpg

At least Thaiday was standing at the time and could bend backwards to alleviate any pressure.

Special K

Coach
If Gallen did that grapple you wouldn't see him till round 3 next year!

If Smith gets off it is a joke. He had a second movement while he had the headlock applied. It was nasty stuff!

_Johnsy

Referee
The Rodgers grapple just for some comparison for the worst tackle in history people.

At least Thaiday was standing at the time and could bend backwards to alleviate any pressure.

Um no, Sams body was going to the left of screen, Cameron then decided to get leverage under his chin and then drag his head in the opposite direction, then force it backwards. Much more dangerous than Matts tackle, the forces on the neck would have been much more intense, Grubby, grubby effort.

Frailty

First Grade
The other thing I thought was disgraceful and didn't get much of a look in by the commentry team ("they got the wrong guy"). When the little blue started, everyone concentrated on Crocker running in, but White grabs Carroll in a sleeper holder from behind...

Should have been gone for the game.

no name

Coach

Until he is slammed on his back with Smiths arm lodged into his neck.

sass

Juniors
re: what johnsy said, ok so I'm no physicist, but I'm with you. surely a grapple on a falling man is worse? more room for the spine to twist and the fact that he's about to make contact with the ground and compound whatever unnatural position he's in.

Evolution

Juniors
re: what johnsy said, ok so I'm no physicist, but I'm with you. surely a grapple on a falling man is worse? more room for the spine to twist and the fact that he's about to make contact with the ground and compound whatever unnatural position he's in.

Yet Turner is pinned to the ground with someone on his back while Rodgers is twisting his neck where ever he likes. He can not move his body to compensate for any pressure.

Yet Turner is pinned to the ground with someone on his back while Rodgers is twisting his neck where ever he likes. He can not move his body to compensate for any pressure.

Well FFS your club should take an 18 months suspension for introducing this sh*t that Rogers has copied.

kkingston

Juniors
Rogers wasnt pretty but he isnt yanking at the head like the smith case. Smiths had much greater potential for injury

Latest posts