What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

Butters

Bench
Yet Turner is pinned to the ground with someone on his back while Rodgers is twisting his neck where ever he likes. He can not move his body to compensate for any pressure.

No no no you've got it all wrong guy, Rogers wasn't trying to pop Turner's head off. He was simply giving him a neck and face massage while the other Titans player massaged his back :roll:

no name

Coach
No no no you've got it all wrong guy, Rogers wasn't trying to pop Turner's head off. He was simply giving him a neck and face massage while the other Titans player massaged his back :roll:

And Smith was attempting to.......

sass

Juniors
evolution if you're wondering I'm not letting either of them off the hook, I think a grapple's a grapple ... but what I said about injuries does seem logical to me. *shrug*

and if rogers got 2 I reckon ole cam smith deserves it too.

Shorty

Staff member
Sass evolution would argue that the sky wasn't blue if it somehow linked to the Storm....

Evolution

Juniors
evolution if you're wondering I'm not letting either of them off the hook, I think a grapple's a grapple ... but what I said about injuries does seem logical to me. *shrug*

and if rogers got 2 I reckon ole cam smith deserves it too.

Hey I am not saying what smith did was good either. I am just trying to quiet down the alarmists.

I still think the tackle below has a higher chance of serious injury.

sass

Juniors
bahah shorty.

I haven't decided yet if storm fans or broncos fans are the most defensive in the league, but the storm fans are really racking up the points today.

2 weeks for sure thats it really (dont think it was as bad as corey payne but it was payne's first offense)

didnt seem as bad as a lot of people are saying (and i hate the storm)

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah it's not that bad but I think it should warrant at least a week.
That tackle was awful,it really was horrible to watch and should be stamped out of the game.
Putting players into those types of positions.

Yeah it's not that bad but I think it should warrant at least a week.
That tackle was awful,it really was horrible to watch and should be stamped out of the game.
Putting players into those types of positions.

i think the one that put wing out for a while is just as bad

but yeh payne,rogers got suspended so i think smith should as well

StormChaser

First Grade
bahah shorty.

I haven't decided yet if storm fans or broncos fans are the most defensive in the league, but the storm fans are really racking up the points today.

Um, maybe that's cos we're getting attacked all over the forum? It's called supporting your team and defending them against geniused media beat ups.

Matt23

Staff member
It's not a beat up...it's fact, and thats why you get "attacked" for defending the the indefencable, if your team had won without resorting to it's usual grubby tactics, you would'nt be "attacked" as much would you.

StormChaser

First Grade
It's not a beat up...it's fact, and thats why you get "attacked" for defending the the indefencable, if your team had won without resorting to it's usual grubby tactics, you would'nt be "attacked" as much would you.

If you watched the game you would have seen that the Bronco's were just as guilty, but oh no, this is the home of forum bashing the Storm. Pssht!

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos were no where near as blatant though.

Every team is guilty yes, but the Storm tactics are so blatant and yet they get away with murder all the time! It's disgusting.

Um, maybe that's cos we're getting attacked all over the forum? It's called supporting your team and defending them against geniused media beat ups.

yes but to be fair some of the storm fans over the year seem to stick up for there team even when they know there in the wrong

like i mean sticking up for billy slater after kicking skando in the head
sticking up for williams after he punched oneil in the back of hes head
most of the grappeling done this year (though other teams do it too but they get suspended for it )
and sticking up for what smith did last night (yes its not as bad as the media says but its still bad enough to get 2 weeks at least)

sass

Juniors
haha no see that's what i mean darlin! i'm a roosters fan so we just know now that people hate us for a good reason or no reason. like manly fans. but storm fans don't seem to be resigned to it yet, and broncos fans are completely in denial. you guys still go on the warpath when most other teams can't be bothered.

Shorty

Staff member
Manly supporters must be unbelievably strong with the crap that they get,they rarely if ever bother arguing against someone on here.
And they even have their own serial pest in Rockin' Ronny!

_Johnsy

Referee
Yet Turner is pinned to the ground with someone on his back while Rodgers is twisting his neck where ever he likes. He can not move his body to compensate for any pressure.

I take it you never listened at school.

If a body of matter is heading in one direction, then is forced in the other direction the force is greater than a stationary object being moved in one direction. I am not saying M Rogers tackle was ok, it was also dangerous.

But attempting to make Smiths effort seem no more dangerous than any other similar "tackles" this year is futile. They all have the potential to cause serious injury. Smiths tacle had a high level of potential to cause a serious injury, I am amazed you cannot/ will not see this.

Last edited:

Latest posts