What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters
Manly supporters must be unbelievably strong with the crap that they get,they rarely if ever bother arguing against someone on here.
And they even have their own serial pest in Rockin' Ronny![/quote]

The indigent & mentally deficient deserve some level of sympathy.

badav

Bench
The other thing I thought was disgraceful and didn't get much of a look in by the commentry team ("they got the wrong guy"). When the little blue started, everyone concentrated on Crocker running in, but White grabs Carroll in a sleeper holder from behind...

Should have been gone for the game.

I was surprised he didnt punch him in the back of the head or get some of his Melbourne mates to hold his arms while he let loose.

_Johnsy

Referee
Stormchaser

For the good of the game, I'd have hoped as a club you'd want that shyte out of the game. I know I do.

Squae

Juniors
So when do they do the charges during the finals considering all games have been played?

If they choose to ignore this its a complete joke, which clearly brings the game into disrepute!!!

jc155776

Coach
How is "they were doing it too" work as a defence at the judiciary?

He did it, he got caught, he has 94 carry over points, he deserves a week off.

sting

Bench
btw if anyone wants to see highlights on the storms game last night turn on channel 9 right now!

Matt23

Staff member
How is "they were doing it too" work as a defence at the judiciary?

He did it, he got caught, he has 94 carry over points, he deserves a week off.
He deserves an extra week for being a whiny little b*tch as well...

gurudave

Juniors
scum grub.

that is all. whole f**king team bunch of filthy f**king grubs. f**k off from queensland team as well as far as im concerned we dont need that filthy sh*t up here.

yep, the NRL make their decisions based on forum responses...
Lets just all take a break, and we'll see what happens tomorrow when charges come out

ortz18

Juniors
I will put money on it right now that he will get charged and based on this smith will obviously contest. He won't get off, however I do think he will only get one week.

The fact is, as bad as it was it was made worse by the people coming in over the top. The technical aspect of a grapple is to have a man in a headlock so that the whole arm is actually wrapping around the guys neck and essentially choking him. Smith on the other hand only had his hand under the guys neck and never at any stage had him in a "choker" hold. There was no "ripping" action however as the other player came in over the top Smith went with them and ultimately it did not look good.

Now I am not denying that we do not grapple, but the fact is hands around the neck and head area are a part of everyone's game and ill bet you that 85 percent of the time people do not even realise they are doing it, it is a contact sport and when one man is on the floor and the other is standing in defence as is the case here, it is pretty difficult to have your hands anywhere below the neck.

I am not condoning this so don't blast my comments. Most of the responses in this thread have been pretty immature and everyone needs to get a little bit of perspective and just calm down.

Helen

Juniors
Well Gus Gould has no issues with the tackle (Roast)

Gus has no issues with breaking any of the 'rules' of the game. He would like to see a free for all bloodbath in my opinion.

I hated when my parents would say 'back in my day' and that is exactly what Gus does with Rugby League.

It is not 'his' day now. It is 2008 and the game should be played under the rules of 2008. IMO

Helen

Vossy

Bench
Cooper cronk is defending cameron smith, he said grapples are part of the game and smith didnt get stuck in aggressively(absolute BS)

is cooper cronk an idiot?..

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
It's only part of the game since him and his grubby team mates started it.