What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Now it goes from he wont get cited, to he'll win the appeal.

You blokes wont be happy untill he's stoned to death and dragged through the streets ffs.
:lol: Poor Cameron, they're out to get him. Didn't it ever occur to you (or him for that matter) that if you play by the rules, you don't have to worry about being cited, suspended, etc? :shock:

camsmith

Juniors
If you played by the rules, all of your good players would be playing :crazy:

There was a grapple tackle by a Bronco player on the w/e not cited and plenty through the season that go ignored. I'll cop us missing weeks for this if its applied across the comp. I only hope they pull out video of cases throughout the year where similar tackles were ignored.

Also the ref last week said there were grapples missed.. why no suspensions then?

It's BS and shows you how much the media (and players blowing up about it) can influence decisions.

Frailty

First Grade
There was a grapple tackle by a Bronco player on the w/e not cited and plenty through the season that go ignored. I'll cop us missing weeks for this if its applied across the comp. I only hope they pull out video of cases throughout the year where similar tackles were ignored.

Also the ref last week said there were grapples missed.. why no suspensions then?

It's BS and shows you how much the media (and players blowing up about it) can influence decisions.

All well and good but won't help as they can only use previous examples that have gone to judiciary. Furthermore most media reporting of the incident simply suggested Smith may face a suspension. Furthermore, you had twats like Gould, Johns, and Geyer saying he shouldn't be suspended. How about you get out of the 'everyone is against us' state of mind and see things objectively. Most sharks fans have done it for Bird, Gallen, Ross, and any other player who has done stupid things. Grow up and stop whinging.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Here is a radical solution..DON'T ATTACK THE HEAD! Smith has a bit of this in his game unfortunately, as does Blair and Lima (who are the worst two offenders)

pnub

Juniors
Smith's on the phone to Thurston,LOL.
Seriously though,Thurston had eyes bigger than his stomach in his tackle - He tried to pick up the player but was not strong enough to control it.

Smith deliberately went for the head...
However he'll no doubt get off.

LOL what a cop out there...
Thurston put someone in a position that could have potentially disabled them at best and killed them at worst. Gee lifting someone up in the air and letting them land on their head... Hmmm no danger in that.. But i suppose if his eyes were just bigger than his stomach alls fine there hey...

Although by your logic smith went to tackle thiaday but well his eyes were bigger than his stomach so he missed the chest area and got the head so its all fine...

I think smith got charged like he deserved to be, but was it as bad as everyone is trying to claim no it wasn't...

Oh and seeing as it won't let me load pictures for some reason he's a link to the thurston tackle if you need a refresher...

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5658291,00.jpg

Last edited:

camsmith

Juniors
Here is a radical solution..DON'T ATTACK THE HEAD! Smith has a bit of this in his game unfortunately, as does Blair and Lima (who are the worst two offenders)

So penalise them. He shouldn't be missing 2 weeks for that.. especially if similar tackles dont even get cited.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL what a cop out there...
Thurstan put someone in a position that could have potentially disabled them at best and killed them at worst. Gee lifting someone up in the air and letting them land on their head... Hmmm no danger in that.. But i suppose if his eyes were just bigger than his stomach alls fine there hey...

Although by your logic smith went to tackle thiaday but well his eyes were bigger than his stomach so he missed the chest area and got the head so its all fine...

I think smith got charged like he deserved to be, but was it as bad as everyone is trying to claim no it wasn't...

Oh and seeing as it won't let me load pictures for some reason he's a link to the thurstan tackle if you need a refresher...

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5658291,00.jpg
:roll:
Blah blah blah.

It's also Thurston,I had it in my post..right in front of your eyes...not hard to do!

Noa

First Grade
Matt Geyer @ Dummy Half.

Goodnight Storm.

We'll go with Russ Aitken, crisper passing game then the old man. Minuscule chance Liam Foran, even smaller James Woolford.

Wonder would the NRL let us start playing Ryan Hinchcliffe now, I mean we are the dirty little offspring of NEWS and apperently everything is a conspiracy

pnub

Juniors
:roll:
Blah blah blah.

It's also Thurston,I had it in my post..right in front of your eyes...not hard to do!

Oh gee great argument there ignore it all when you have nothing better to say to it.
Blah blah blah.
And a spelling mistake sorry about that there THURSTON happy now?

lockyno1

Post Whore
So penalise them. He shouldn't be missing 2 weeks for that.. especially if similar tackles dont even get cited.

I actually agree, but I believe games should be weighted. In other words to miss a final you may need say 200 points rather than 100, same with Origin. You have to stamp this out of the game, but it should have been done in round1 not in the finals. Coaches have to take some (or most) of the blame as they are coaching these types of tackles. There should be more of a penalty DURING THE GAME for these tackles. I am in favour of a 5 minute sin bin for any grapple

lockyno1

Post Whore
We'll go with Russ Aitken, crisper passing game then the old man. Minuscule chance Liam Foran, even smaller James Woolford.

Wonder would the NRL let us start playing Ryan Hinchcliffe now, I mean we are the dirty little offspring of NEWS and apperently everything is a conspiracy

You need a bloke that can kick as Cronck can't do everything. Not sure Aiken is the one I'd be trusting with that part of his game. I actually don't think playing Slater at hooker would be the worst idea.