What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

pnub

Juniors
Ah Storm fans, you guys live in that much denial you make me laugh.
I don't deny that the storm grapple.
I won't deny that the storm wrestle in the play the ball.
I won't deny that Cameron Smith will be lucky to not be suspended this week.. And that if they are serious he will be suspended unlike all the people last weekend...
I won't also fail to notice that you and the vast majority of people seem to think this is a storm problem when it is a problem of all clubs including the bronco's tonight.
I'm sure your denail also made you miss the article from earlier in the year showing the storm aren't the worst offenders.... And just for you all to read here is the article...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24109880-11088,00.html
I'm sure when that level of denial fails you will go back to the tried and tested debate that the storm were the first to use the grapple and the wrestle and the other teams are just getting even... Although hey you could go watch matches from pre 2003 before Bellamy even came to the storm and even before the storm came into the compition of tackles where peolpe have worked over the head and much worse...
Finally once agian i will not deny the storm grapple because they do...
Now time for you to ingore or deflect the issue

disgusting. he tried to rip his head off.

do we need to see someones neck get snapped before any action is taken?

he needs to cop a few weeks for that. possibly missing a grand final is what he deserves.

Bad looking tackle, but I bet the citing committee will go through all sorts of hoops to justify not citing him.

I thought when it happened if ever the NRL wanted to show it was serious about grapple tackles, the ref should have sent him off for that one.

imasharkie

Coach
If Smith and Smith get off their actions it will prove that the NRL don't run the game and the judiciary is a complete joke.
The tackle will get a good run on the footy shows tomorrow, so it cannot be ignored.

AILD

Bench
If Smith and Smith get off their actions it will prove that the NRL don't run the game and the judiciary is a complete joke.
The tackle will get a good run on the footy shows tomorrow, so it cannot be ignored.

the judiciary is a complete joke. its been proven that many many times over the years. but smith will get suspended for atleast a week IMO.

Special K

Coach
He looked frustrated and he took it out with a disgusting grapple.

Why is everyone thinking he will get the lowest charge? That was one of the worst grapples I've seen!

Cletus

First Grade
All teams do grapples sometimes when the arm slips up around the neck, there's no denying that. The difference is Storm players will go for the head first and twist it, or they'll complete a tackle and twist the neck to slow the ptb down. I saw a new one last week where they put their arm around the back of the tackled players neck and force their head backwards with their body. It's clearly coached and I con't think there's another team in the comp that coachs that sh*te.

That said he'll get off for sure.

the stranglers

Juniors
You can't trust what you read in the News Limited press because the paper in question and the Storm are owned by the same man.

This is called damage control.

Intelligent people can see through it.

StormChaser

First Grade
The only difference between that tackle and a million others done by other sides, is the media beat up, and you head nodding blowhards who swallow everything the media dishes out like ten buck hookers!

pnub

Juniors
You can't trust what you read in the News Limited press because the paper in question and the Storm are owned by the same man.

This is called damage control.

Intelligent people can see through it.

I'm trusting the incidents cited from the Match review pannel not the paper... So you use any excuse you want because in this case the paper is just reporting facts obtained from the NRL

I dont give a rats arse about Storm, past stories or who did what in tackles apart from what I saw as the most obvious in the game tonight. Ok maybe it's not the worst ever, i really don't know if tahts the case, but the problem for Cam Smith is that is was probably one of teh most obvious. It was ugly and seriously if it ignored it would only go to give a message its ok to do that. Oh well we wait to see if anything is done

the stranglers

Juniors
What made this one bad is that the other grub in the tackle is giving him a chicken wing at the same time.

I agree, he needs a broken jaw.

Smith should go sign with the WWE or whatever. He is more valuable there. Farah for World Cup!!! Farah is a better player than the merkin anyway, Farah is the best hooker in the game tbh, Buderus would be a good battle in his prime but Farah is leaps and bounds ahead of every other hooker in the NRL.

sting

Bench
Bad looking tackle, but I bet the citing committee will go through all sorts of hoops to justify not citing him.

I thought when it happened if ever the NRL wanted to show it was serious about grapple tackles, the ref should have sent him off for that one.

yeh i was thinking it may have happened but unfortunately not

the stranglers

Juniors
The Match Review panel are a bunch of NRL lackeys too.

The game needs an independent commission to run the game ASAP.

Mortimer was right. He brough it up again tonight in the pregame on ABC.

The only difference between that tackle and a million others done by other sides, is the media beat up, and you head nodding blowhards who swallow everything the media dishes out like ten buck hookers!

I take offence to that, I was not in the toilet with Sam, karmichael and Darius

Latest posts