What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

little_aza

Juniors
Smith should go sign with the WWE or whatever. He is more valuable there. Farah for World Cup!!! Farah is a better player than the merkin anyway, Farah is the best hooker in the game tbh, Buderus would be a good battle in his prime but Farah is leaps and bounds ahead of every other hooker in the NRL.
farah? are you serious..?

warren

Juniors
The only difference between that tackle and a million others done by other sides, is the media beat up, and you head nodding blowhards who swallow everything the media dishes out like ten buck hookers!

you mean vossy bringing it up in the post match wrap up an hour a go?

you are right - the media frenzy is insane

t1tan

Juniors
Yeah if anyone in the media dares to mention the word "grapple' its a media frenzy.
Paranoia.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
you mean vossy bringing it up in the post match wrap up an hour a go?

you are right - the media frenzy is insane

What a tosser, I didn't even bother watching the post match wrap.. I hate both the Storm and the Broncos equally but that tackle made my blood boil..

Evolution

Juniors
That elbow to the throat in your sig looks bad but you can bet it was retaliation for a dozen other cheap Greco-Roman moves.

You know you may be right but the player the tackle was made on was Cronk and I have no memory of him having a grubby reputation.

Or is ok to get pay back on whoever is the closest at the time.

I also love all this head for an eye stuff.

Players now have been conditioned to make grapples look worse than they are (Ennis anyone) to get a penalty, which is all well and good but it makes it hard to know what really goes on and if a grapple/chicken wing or what ever fancy name you want to call it tackle is legitimate at all.

People response to this is hoping for season/career ending injuries to storm player (like Dallas Johnson a few weeks ago, who again I don't know about a grapple history on but has had some problems with lifting tackles, which is normal) or hoping for some one to punch them and break their jaw.

What a great morals you cultivate north of the border.

It is funny as Slaters reasons for hitting Nightingale was becuase he perceived he was being deliberately head butted and stuck out in response yet he was widely condemned as a liar and a thug. Other players from the Dragons hit out at Storm players and were crowned as heroes. Time and time again I hear that the appropriate response to a grapple is violence resulting in serious harm to any Storm player no matter how dirty/clean they are.

Double standards of the highest order.

Pumba

First Grade
2 Weeks. Although it would be more if he got a Grade 2 but that won't happen the Judiciary don't have balls.

Evolution

Juniors
This must be a first, a storm fan agreeing that the storm grapple.

i think you will see it often but it is usually followed by every other team does it as well.

Which gets the witty reply of well we have to keep up with the masters and or that I don't care if 15 other teams do it Melbourne are the masters.

t1tan

Juniors
Which can be blamed on the NRL due to their inability to knock the problem on the head when it first started.