What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campbelltown Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbelltown really isn't too far away. (if you have the time) I much prefer the 40 minute drive there from the inner-west than the hellish 20 minute train-trip to Homebush and enduring the simpleton Dragons supporters expounding their bullsh*t conspiracy theories.

As an old Balmain supporter, I would have no problem with the majoirty of games being moved to Cambo. I would just hope that the local community could get behind the team - ie like last year v Canberra where despite the fact that our form was sh*thouse and we were playing against a dour side there was still 18k who turned up. The year before against Easts was a similar story.

WHY have the crowds been so disappointing this year? We just want some explanation apart from the Mothers Day pretext.

simon says

First Grade
Blaming former Balmain fans for the Cambo turnout being poor is absolutely hysterical........I thought I had heard it all.

Does this mean the next time there is less than 20k at LO I can blame the people of the Macarthur district????

Dead set that is comedy at its best.

Balmain_Boy

It's 2 and a half hours by train to my local station. Factor in waiting for a train and getting home from the station and I arrive at 7:30.

Got a problem?

Anyway, Ink's argument is highly flawed. It could simply be bcause the Leichhardt oval is based centrally between the Balmain's traditiona catchment area and Wests' TRADITIONAL catchment area. It'd be hard to know without an involved demographical study.

Mulvhill's argument can be made without a Balmain skew. Simply the club should be playing where they attract the greatest crowd purely because of the fiscal implications. I can't say I subscribe to that view however.

Vicious

Bench
TV Ted Ellery said:
Campbelltown really isn't too far away. (if you have the time) I much prefer the 40 minute drive there from the inner-west than the hellish 20 minute train-trip to Homebush and enduring the simpleton Dragons supporters expounding their bullsh*t conspiracy theories.

As an old Balmain supporter, I would have no problem with the majoirty of games being moved to Cambo. I would just hope that the local community could get behind the team - ie like last year v Canberra where despite the fact that our form was sh*thouse and we were playing against a dour side there was still 18k who turned up. The year before against Easts was a similar story.

Good onya Ted, you can see the light. The future = 3 games at Leichardt, 3 games at Telstra, 6 games at a much needed revamped Campbelltown.

Balmain_Boy said:
It's 2 and a half hours by train to my local station. Factor in waiting for a train and getting home from the station and I arrive at 7:30.

Got a problem?

Anyway, Ink's argument is highly flawed. It could simply be bcause the Leichhardt oval is based centrally between the Balmain's traditiona catchment area and Wests' TRADITIONAL catchment area. It'd be hard to know without an involved demographical study.

Mulvhill's argument can be made without a Balmain skew. Simply the club should be playing where they attract the greatest crowd purely because of the fiscal implications. I can't say I subscribe to that view however.

Mate I completely understand you point. I just have an aversion to catching trains so thats probably the reason I ditch some of the Homebush games and turn up to Cambo more regularly. Its simpleton paradise on cityrail.

I remember when Balmain conducted a study on the demographics of its supporters and they found that a sizable group commuted from past Parramatta. However when they moved to Parra stadium it was a complete shambles.

Maybe people really have such a fondness for Leichhardt and no amount of travelling inconvenience is going to deter them from turning up?

innsaneink

Referee
simon says said:
Blaming former Balmain fans for the Cambo turnout being poor is absolutely hysterical........I thought I had heard it all.

Does this mean the next time there is less than 20k at LO I can blame the people of the Macarthur district????

Dead set that is comedy at its best.

Well we know definitley of one no show...dont we?:lol:

Did you ask my mate if I bought my ticket yet?:roll:

Estoboy

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Haahahh. Yes i wanted to be a WTF. Hahahha. Who would want to be one. I have seen them that is all I need. I don't lower myself talking to inept social misfits. I'll give you an example. The koori bloke. He was once on my flight to townsville and is an embarrassment. A couple of week's later we saw the bloke in martin place (the mate I went to Townsville with) and the bloke was going thru payphone boxes looking for change. In his retro Balmain Herbal world jersey. You know the bloke I mean. He's in all your pics.

Then there's coke bottle glasses bloke, the real ugly geezer with the completely wrong teeth, shall i go on

The only one humiliating themself you little insignificant man is yourself. Aligning yourself to a group such as that shows you up more than it does me.

Owned ?? Are you dead set 12

Here we go again....
why don't you have a cry about everyone else while you're at it.
I think there was a family sitting in the stands with a geniused son who need a good insult thrown at them just because they are different too.
You're great mate. You pay out the cambo crowd because of some tossed up crap about games not being inline with dole pay days, then you pay out people who arn't well off (and i'm assuming you're talking about trevor... in which case you'd be wrong anyway because he lives in Melbourne and only flies up to Sydney each week to watch the game then heads back home) and lets just throw racism in there too. No wonder you got banned!

What are you going to pull out of your hat next?

PS: I'm 11 next month

mccann

Juniors
the only way campbelltown will be much revamped is to bulldoze it down and rebuild it and this time put some thought into it. Why when they were redesigning the leagues club, they did not incorporate privates boxes is beyond belief.

and the only way campbelltown will have 6 games is if all future games there are sellouts otherwise it will be 3 games only

Eddie.

Bench
Vicious said:
Good onya Ted, you can see the light. The future = 3 games at Leichardt, 3 games at Telstra, 6 games at a much needed revamped Campbelltown.

I would agree with Ctown getting more games down the track. It is a big part of the Wests Tigers future.

However if the redevelopment of LO finally goes ahead, and the crowds continue to be outstanding, LO would have a strong case for more then 3 games down the track.

I don't see Homebush Stadium as a part of our long term future, although i suppose the deal will continue due to its financial security. it alos has the ffect of creating a Carnival type feeling at the traditional homes games, they are almost special events which ensure good crowds.

Ideal would by back to a 6-6 Split between Ctown and LO.

Vicious

Bench
Eddie. said:
I would agree with Ctown getting more games down the track. It is a big part of the Wests Tigers future.

However if the redevelopment of LO finally goes ahead, and the crowds continue to be outstanding, LO would have a strong case for more then 3 games down the track.

I don't see Homebush Stadium as a part of our long term future, although i suppose the deal will continue due to its financial security. it alos has the ffect of creating a Carnival type feeling at the traditional homes games, they are almost special events which ensure good crowds.

Ideal would by back to a 6-6 Split between Ctown and LO.

Yeah, that`s the go when both grounds are up to scratch. The good thing about Telstra is the comfort and the fact that you can get out of the car park within 5 minutes no matter how many people are there. As i`ve said before, Leichardt is a great old ground, there`ll never be another like it, but when we have 10+ Magpie juniors in the side, Campbelltown will be selling out too. The 6/6 split is the only way to go as long as both grounds can accomodate 25,000 fans.

Vicious

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Ted, wasn't a dig at you. It was directed toward Vcious.

Spell my name right, it`s Vicious, slapnuts.
Only jokin champ, no doubts it`s a pretty hectic journey by train.

Gobbso

Juniors
mulvihill said:
She has no right. She is a panther supporter. Did she see us lose a grand final in 89. Did she us lose 50% of our club. Did she see us go from 12 games at Leichhardt to 3. How many games does she go to. She is as tigers as penrith park. The fact someone of such little tigers cred is allowed to moderate an official forum is pathetic

No she didn't see Wests Tigers lose in '89, probably due to the fact that Wests Tigers weren't participating in '89. Suze isn't a Balmain supporter. Nor is she a Western Suburbs Supporter. She is what everyone should be, a WESTS TIGERS Supporter, with no attachment to either Joint-Venture partner, just like the new kids that support Wests Tigers for what it is....it's own idenity.

So are you going to call my old man a fake fan as well? He supportered Canterbury-Bankstown for 40 odd years, was a football club and leagues club member who was born and bred in Belmore, yet when they turned their back on the game and headed for Super League he flicked them for good, sending back his respective memberships and merchandise to the football club. He is now a Wests Tigers fan, like Suze with no attachement to either partner.

Everyone has the right to support who ever they want, in what ever way the want and wish too. Just because you're a Balmain fan doesn't make you any more of a Wests Tigers fan than Suze, in fact the way you're carrying on, Suze already has that on you, hands down....She's true blue, unlike you.

Almost 7 years on, and we've still go factional fighting between fans. Not even a Premiership can please some so it seems...how sad it is #-o

brook

First Grade
Right guys, I'm happy to leave this discussion but any more attempts to bring in any petty grudges against those that use the official site will see it locked.

I'm really getting sick of it, this forum is NOT the place to use for any attacks on the official wests tigers forum OR any of the individuals who post there.

lets act like adults

mulvihill

Juniors
Hahah. The race card. How was I being racist pray tell ?? I described the ethnicity of a fanatic that I have seen rummaging through pay phone coin boxes at martin place. And FYI the person who saw it with me is a WT (ex Magpie) supporter from Narrellan.

Good to see the hardcore here condoning people switching allegiances. Marvellous. I thought a team was for life

Mighty Tiger

Bench
mulvihill said:
She has no right. She is a panther supporter. Did she see us lose a grand final in 89. Did she us lose 50% of our club. Did she see us go from 12 games at Leichhardt to 3. How many games does she go to. She is as tigers as penrith park. The fact someone of such little tigers cred is allowed to moderate an official forum is pathetic

So going from the above logic that would mean anyone who started supporting the Wests Tigers when it was formed isn't a true supporter, anyone who is from the Magpies side of the JV isn't a true supporter - if not defince what a true supporter is?

Do you attend Balmain's stand alone junior fixtures still?

BTW the best way to cure your constipation is by going straight to your sources at the Wests Tigers and try and get them ease the pain and suffering for you by removing the ban

Mighty Tiger

Bench
mulvihill said:
Hahah. The race card. How was I being racist pray tell ?? I described the ethnicity of a fanatic that I have seen rummaging through pay phone coin boxes at martin place. And FYI the person who saw it with me is a WT (ex Magpie) supporter from Narrellan.

Good to see the hardcore here condoning people switching allegiances. Marvellous. I thought a team was for life

So are you still a Balmain fan or do you support the Wests Tigers?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
Yeah, that`s the go when both grounds are up to scratch. The good thing about Telstra is the comfort and the fact that you can get out of the car park within 5 minutes no matter how many people are there. As i`ve said before, Leichardt is a great old ground, there`ll never be another like it, but when we have 10+ Magpie juniors in the side, Campbelltown will be selling out too. The 6/6 split is the only way to go as long as both grounds can accomodate 25,000 fans.

How can CS now accomodate 25,000 fans? Also don't think LO will ever be able to accomodate 25,000 fans unless they build a stand on the hill side

I know LO capacity has increased since one stand was demolished and the other fixed by about 250 but was reduce by about 50 due to the coporate (enclosed) boxes being made bigger (1-2 rows of seats have been removed from the grandstand i was told) - still don't know how they will fit 25,000 in their

Sincas

Juniors
mulvihill said:
tottie made a point on the forum about the scheduling of campbelltown games and welfare weeks. This came from someone high up at the club. I was there I heard it. Sinclair had a dummy spit when tottie wouldn't disclose his source and banned him. They are the facts. Asking someone to name their source is a surefire way to ensure that source never tells you anything again

Canberra get poor crowds all the time, penrith had lost 4 on the bounce and souths 10 on the spin. Parra v canterbury was live. It was johns v marshall, last yr's premiers v this yr's favourites (or one of). 14,000 was a poor crowd end of story

Yeah thats right. Your source is either fictional or with less of a clue than you. As if the NRL would pump welfare payments into an already complicated scheduling process. :sarcasm:

This is what the club (as high as it gets) had to say about tottie's post:

Stupid, uninformed comments like this don't help anyone.

I only posted this so people know that the welfare payments line is complete rubbish.

Good luck with your new crew brook and madunit. Its amazing some people could fly to the other side of the world to support their team but are still not welcome at the club's forum. I never made the decision to ban them. It was the club and the response was unanimous. Unwanted by your own club. Well done.

Thank god we don't have to hear about your soccer debut in England anymore. Like anyone cared. :roll: It was a humourous title though "Big sporting event in London this morning". Gee what a popular thread that was. :lol:

I believe the ozspurs forum have similar forum rules. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.