What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capewell

imasharkie

Coach
Too rich to ignore?

The Warriors are coming in hot for Cronulla backrower Kurt Capewell.

The utility backrower is almost certain to leave the Sharks at the end of this season having fielded an offer from the Warriors of around $400,000 a season.

Both the Sharks and rival club the Gold Coast are willing to pay just over a half of that price for the Queenslander.

I have man love for this bloke after watching him play with the Ipswich Jets and then playing for us. I will be devasted if he leaves for NZ.
Anyone got some news on this?

bluefox68

Staff member
wow we pay reportedly Dugan 850k, Capewell less than 250k.

Is that the thinking?
Bottom line, whether you like it or not, Dugan is a rep player who can break open a game with a moment of brilliance.

On the other hand, Capewell is a fringe first grader, who has never made a clean break in two years in the NRL...

yadamisha

Juniors
Bottom line, whether you like it or not, Dugan is a rep player who can break open a game with a moment of brilliance.

On the other hand, Capewell is a fringe first grader, who has never made a clean break in two years in the NRL...

It was his line break's momentum which lead to Dugan's match winning try! He's been improving every game this year. Have you seen his stats?

Handy player, versatile and on the rise with his best days still in front of him.

Be sorry to see him leave, but it is a business/career decision at the end of the day. I would hope the club could upgrade his money but not sure if we could match Warriors offer.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah I missed it, Warriors f**king up my tips like a boss.

He had an.......enigmatic game. Brilliance here and there but did a Duges on a gently rolling ball with no one within 20 metres of him. Threw some shit passes. Scored a try no one else could have.

It’s the nature of being a 100%er the more you put in the more chance of blips.

Even Cronk dropped one cold the other night.