What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I can tell you're very passionate about your team, Bunniesman.
But how would you feel if Russell Crowe and Robert Holmes a Court had not come forth to save Souths and invested their money in the Sharkies. Would you still feel the same way ?
Although I don't think there is much value in going through alternate history I'll answer anyway. If Crowe and HaC were not involved and Souths was still on life support I would blame it on my own club's mismanagement and I would blame them for not running the club better. I would not expect entire teams to be held out of the comp just so my team can keep going on life support.

I'm genuinely upset by the Sydney team CEO's who have come out against the Bears. Instead of letting another nearby rival in to give them competition and force them to be run better, they want to stonewall the Bears so they can continue in their mediocrity. That isn't in the best interest of the NRL.

The Bears have brought in new sponsors, they haven't stolen anyone else's, they will bring in new fans and old fans who feel apathy for the NRL.

They will bring in new rivalries to the game (regional rivalry with the Knights, regional and recent history rivalry with Manly, foundation club rivalry with Souths and Roosters) which will increase ticket sales and tv numbers for all those games.

The Bears being let into the comp is good for the NRL and it would be a tragedy if such a well managed club with such strong community and sponsor support is kept out just so the weakest clubs can continue in their mediocrity.

mightybears

Bench
The Northern Eagles was the best solution for this whole problem - covering everything from the harbour bridge to The Entrance. What went wrong with that anyway?

Oh Jesus, can i ask how old you are?, and i mean that in the best way because NOTHING went right with the Northern Evils.

mightybears

Bench
More one eyed support from Bears fans. Try taking a step back and looking at the game as a whole and the negative impact the Central Coast Bears will have on the comp as a whole.

No Bears until Cronulla move to Adelaide, Wellington, Queensland or fold

Still waiting for a sensible statement from you Goddo.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
More one eyed support from Bears fans. Try taking a step back and looking at the game as a whole and the negative impact the Central Coast Bears will have on the comp as a whole.

No Bears until Cronulla move to Adelaide, Wellington, Queensland or fold

I guess you and bobmar have to travel to the CC and tell the thousands of one eyed locals who have become members to not be delusional and instead back the Knights, Sea Eagles, Jets, Reds or Wombats.. because who are they to believe their community of 300,000+ and the community of NS at 750,000+ deserve a team. Shame on them.:roll:

outside McDonalds West Gosford/ Come down to the Central Coast Bears membership drive.

Another family signs up as Central Coast Bears members.

Last edited:
No offence taken.
But if you care to read the following link I think you may find that Manly has not just jumped on the north shore band wagon.

SCHOOLS in Berowra and Asquith have no problems accepting Sea Eagles players as part of next year’s NRL One Community Carnival.
The NRL has allocated Manly to visit schools in the Berowra/Asquith region as part of the carnival in the first week of February next year.
North Sydney Bears officials are furious with the NRL, believing the territory is theirs and only their NRL feeder club South Sydney should send players into the district.
But three schools canvassed in the region by The Manly Daily said they had no problem accepting any players, particularly of the maroon and white variety.
“The Manly club have been very supportive of the school here,” Asquith’s St Patrick’s Primary School principal, Robert Peers said.
“Of all the clubs we contacted, Manly was the only one that showed any interest. We are happy to have them on board.”
Another school previously visited by the Sea Eagles also backed a return appearance by the club.
“Manly has given us very good service over the last two or three years,” Berowra’s St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School teacher Anne Neems said.
“They have been very well received by our older students. But it’s really a problem within the NRL.”
At Asquith Boys High, PE teacher Mark Millett also supported the Sea Eagles.
“If Manly are prepared to bring people out, I’ve got no problems with that,” he said.
When told of the schools’ stance, North Sydney juniors coach Kevin Nicholls did not waver in his belief that the Sea Eagles are “encroaching on our area”.
“I understand that from the schools, that’s why we are trying to get South Sydney players to go in,” he said.
“The boundaries are set by the NSWRL and Manly’s finishes at the Spit Bridge.”

Best Local - Powered by True Local

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/schools-in-for-manly/

Why no Comments on this article, from North Sydney Supporters.........could it be that it proves that you are full of sh*t, when you say that Manly have not worried about this area until now

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Why no Comments on this article, from North Sydney Supporters.........could it be that it proves that you are full of sh*t, when you say that Manly have not worried about this area until now

Because manly are the team fullest of sh*t around. They forget their history and more importantly fans like you love it when you guys are made the angels but more often then not you guys instigate sh*t. You will only come into this thread to spread negativity. So yes you guys have permission this year for next but what no one answered is why you guys chose until now to go into the area? When you have had the opportunity for a decade before hand.

Still gotta love the bears manly rivalry and if u think having us back isn't good then it's gonna hurt your team alot more then you think.

chefman21

Juniors
After much consideration, if I had my way I would go:

2013 - Bears (just ahead of Queensland sides) and Perth (a must IMO). PNG and Wellington Toyota Cup sides. NYC sides to help develop the game in respective areas and build support with a view to full expansion in 2020-22. Also to improve quality of international football. (18 teams)
2015 - Central Queensland and Ipswich Jets. I think Central Queensland's population needs to grow and lobbying for infrastructure from the Queensland and Federal governments needs to be done first. They have a lot of people, but they are quite well spread over a fairly vast area. Start of conference system. (20 teams)
2018 - Merger of two Sydney teams (Sharks and Roosters?). Relocation of another to Adelaide. Less teams with more people means greater crowds. I'd prefer stronger teams over more teams. And I'd prefer talent to be spread over less teams for higher quality football. Bring in Toowoomba or another Queensland team. (20 teams)
2020-22 - PNG and Wellington. PNG needs government support in regards to infrastructure. Wellington needs rugby league infrastructure i.e. local junior comps. Probably need more time to get facilities in place. (22 teams)

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
After much consideration, if I had my way I would go:

2013 - Bears (just ahead of Queensland sides) and Perth (a must IMO). PNG and Wellington Toyota Cup sides. NYC sides to help develop the game in respective areas and build support with a view to full expansion in 2020-22. Also to improve quality of international football. (18 teams)
2015 - Central Queensland and Ipswich Jets. I think Central Queensland's population needs to grow and lobbying for infrastructure from the Queensland and Federal governments needs to be done first. They have a lot of people, but they are quite well spread over a fairly vast area. Start of conference system. (20 teams)
2018 - Merger of two Sydney teams (Sharks and Roosters?). Relocation of another to Adelaide. Less teams with more people means greater crowds. I'd prefer stronger teams over more teams. And I'd prefer talent to be spread over less teams for higher quality football. Bring in Toowoomba. (20 teams)
2020-22 - PNG and Wellington. PNG needs government support in regards to infrastructure. Wellington needs rugby league infrastructure i.e. local junior comps. Probably need more time to get facilities in place. (22 teams)

:crazy:

Less teams more people who used to go to the footy not going any more.

wtf Toowoomba?

And why the f**k would we merge with the Sharks?

chefman21

Juniors
:crazy:

Less teams more people who used to go to the footy not going any more.
Fickle fans? Saints and Tigers are doing pretty well...

wtf Toowoomba?
Yes. Possibly. It's a rugby league stronghold who may expand into being able to support a NRL side. There needs to be another Queensland side by that stage. Five is not enough. Logan and Burleigh may be possibilities too. Plus others. My OP should have said another Queensland side after Toowoomba. Edited that.

And why the f**k would we merge with the Sharks?
Why wouldn't we? They bring members, land, an already owned stadium and a greater junior base. We aren't exactly swimming in members or juniors at the moment. It's the obvious merger anyway.

dgsfan

Juniors
Still waiting for a rational argument from you as to how the Bears are more than just another mouth for the NRL to feed.

Same.

I've asked several times what a cc team can offer the nrl more than another QLD team.

mightybears

Bench
Still waiting for a rational argument from you as to how the Bears are more than just another mouth for the NRL to feed.

So a Cc Bears team won't work but an Ipswich? one would?, why on earth would we be a mouth to fed?

We have 4000 plus members, millions of dollars of confirmed backing, a 20,000 seat stadium we got built more than a decade ago, a catchment area of more than 750,000, and more than a century of rugby league culture [history/branding/marketing] already done.

Show me a better bid, of more value to the code.

adamkungl

Immortal
Why wouldn't we? They bring members, land, an already owned stadium and a greater junior base. We aren't exactly swimming in members or juniors at the moment. It's the obvious merger anyway.

Pfff. We have no reason to merge at all and dilute our club with the colours and failures of a basket case. But if Sharks folded I'd gladly take their juniors...

Talons

Juniors
Because manly are the team fullest of sh*t around. They forget their history and more importantly fans like you love it when you guys are made the angels but more often then not you guys instigate sh*t. You will only come into this thread to spread negativity. So yes you guys have permission this year for next but what no one answered is why you guys chose until now to go into the area? When you have had the opportunity for a decade before hand.

Still gotta love the bears manly rivalry and if u think having us back isn't good then it's gonna hurt your team alot more then you think.

I think that's the first time you have actually stooped to making personal attacks RBB.
I guess we will just have to wait patiently for the IC's decision.

chefman21

Juniors
Pfff. We have no reason to merge at all and dilute our club with the colours and failures of a basket case. But if Sharks folded I'd gladly take their juniors...

Doesn't work like that unfortunately. Short of us boosting members substantially in the next 3-4 years so that Uncle Nick doesn't have to keep putting in so much money to support us or relying on the leagues club to help us along, then I think increasing our assets with land, new members and a stadium is the way to go. Not to mention the juniors. The stronger our club is in an already tight market the better off we will be.

we have not waited until now to go into this area, if you read the article we have been going there for a few years........and we were allocated this area by the NRL, for this year

would you like some cream with your humble pie

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Fickle fans? Saints and Tigers are doing pretty well...

Yes. Possibly. It's a rugby league stronghold who may expand into being able to support a NRL side. There needs to be another Queensland side by that stage. Five is not enough. Logan and Burleigh may be possibilities too. Plus others. My OP should have said another Queensland side after Toowoomba. Edited that.

First, Burleigh Bears? The team from the GOLD COAST ???
Second, I wouldn't be too surprised at Sydney Sutherland Sharks. Roll out the barrel, Roosters. They could afford then to utilise the land under the park in a money earning fashion, and put another block of flats/shops/offices in. More return there than a footy ground.

You actually gave one strong reason yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts