What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarency

Juniors
Recent discovery

As well as testicles... he doesn't like people talking about his testicles either.

Lambretta

First Grade
My wife works with a guy who is involved with the Bears re-inclusion into the NRL. Ex-North Sydney man.

He has offered me a limited edition Bears jersey and I was wondering about getting it as an assist in fund raising for the club.

I havent seen it though. Does anyone know what it looks like?

Blind Freddy

Juniors
My wife works with a guy who is involved with the Bears re-inclusion into the NRL. Ex-North Sydney man.

He has offered me a limited edition Bears jersey and I was wondering about getting it as an assist in fund raising for the club.

I havent seen it though. Does anyone know what it looks like?

foundationjerseytemp.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Very nice looking jersey although those underarm panels are a bit meh. Might buy one down the track.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not that your against the CC Bears ?? WTF ??
I'm not, I just think there are other places we should go rather than ANOTHER NSW team as a priority. Personally there are 2 or 3 Sydney clubs that I think should move there or fall over so the Bears could come back in from the CC.
I really don't buy this "you have to have a team around the corner or named after my suburb" to be a fan of the game and a club.
Who said that ??
That is the general theme for their inclusion ie if we don't have the CC Bears all those thousands of old RL fans and potential new fans from the North Shore will watch soccer, RU or AFL. It's been said many, many times.

I am pretty sure that if you are a kid growing up in NS or any of its catchment area and your mates are into RL, you play it at school or for the local club and you are surrounded by the game on TV etc then you will pick a Sydney RL club and support it.
You're right. Reduce the comp into 4 Sydney teams. The kids will come across eventually. How so ?? Well they may have mates playing League at school etc. and it's on tele and stuff.
Whose talking about reducing NSW teams, I'm talking about the NEED for another one.

Loudstrat

Coach
PR doesn't understand that people have money, and use that money to get into games.

PR also doesn't understand that the most people with money wanting to use it on a new NRL club live on the central coast.

PR thinks that sand pays for the NRL, not people. That's why he wants clubs in places where no NRL fans are.

PR wants the NRL to go broke, and is a complete twit.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Looking at the blokes who left the NRL for Super14 or Super League last year alone you can make up most of a RL squad (even if a little old and out of form in places)...

1 Brett Kearney (SL)
2 Chris Walker (SL)
3 Iosia Soliola (SL)
4 Brett Delaney (SL)
5 Will Chambers (Super14)
6 Jarrod Sammut (SL)
7 Matt Orford (SL)
8 Mark O'Meley (SL)
9 Heath L'Estrange (SL)
10 Craig Fitzgibbon (SL)
11 David Fa'alogo (SL)
12 Glenn Hall (SL)
13 Greg Eastwood (SL)

14 Joel Clinton (SL)

If you then look at blokes already playing in SL, its not that hard to find enough players to fill 2 new sides. Especially if Perth and CC introduce Toyota Cup level blokes to their squads and take 1 player from each NRL squad. I really don't think the NRL's player strength is an issue in expansion.

plus throw in some nyc, nsw/qcup, and maybe some union ship jumpers and youve got yourself a squad

rlfan

Juniors
As a central coast resident I would love to see a team up here. At first I really didn't care who it was but as the bears are the only one doing anything it should be them. Also at least the Bears will bring a bit of history with them and a great ready made rivalry against woManly.

I will have to become a member even thoght I won't support them as a team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm tempted! Even though I don't agree it is best for the long term of the game I know in the short term it is a massive boost for our chances as they will want two in, not one. Ah the dilemma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts