What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think it would work both ways. Manly and the Bears are linked forever after the pseudo jv. Even if the Bears are on the Central Coast, league fans of a certain generation will always know them as North Sydney. I would love to see the Bears v Manly at North Sydney oval at least once a season.

Im pretty certain that Manly first formed due to a split within the NS club. Not sure, I heard that but cant remember.

And seriously? did someone question if the rivalry would go both ways? Just read the thread! Its the most hated rivalry in League. More then Origin IMO.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Can't wait to see a game between the bears and manly in the flesh, just from the posts it sounds like a hate fueled rivalry. I've only been following the NRL for 4 and a bit years, but my fist impressions of manly was "i dont like that team". No idea why, i just don't like them!

bobmar28

Bench
I'm afraid the Central Coast isn't a part of Sydney, even if you would like it to be in order to shout down the chance of the region getting a team.

NSW already has 10 teams. What is needed is a relocation to CC. Or a merger of two Sydney teams would free up a franchise.

Last edited:

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
NSW already has 10 teams. What is needed is a relocation to CC. Or a merger of two Sydney teams would free up a franchise.

And who should the Bulldogs merge with ??

No-one is relocating to the CC.

The CC Bears have the backing of Gallop and other widespread support cause it makes so much sense.

This tired old argument about teams in NSW, who gives a rats. The North Shore and CC dont have a team.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I hope the bears make a comeback, but I have one concern.

If Ronny is the No.1 bears fan, I would hate to see what the No. 50 fan was like.

maybe it would be some 45 year old man living at home with his mum, wacking off in the corner into his bears jersey, Moaning Die Manly Scum.

Oh wait, thats already taken at the No.1 spot.

Wow, that's some pretty scary imagery, you pervert. But - you prove the point about Manly being scum.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I've only been following the NRL for 4 and a bit years, but my fist impressions of manly was "i dont like that team". No idea why, i just don't like them!

Your instincts are 100% correct. Keep trustung them.

Manly are scum. They are alive through fraud - and spent decades trying to buy success regardless of damage to other clubs and the game.

eaglefan64

Juniors
Manly scum - "traversty"?
Typical of the uneducated, drug-riddled, drink-driving, wife-bashing turds that frequent Brokeback Oval and the surroundling slums in Blacktown Sur Mer.

If you want to arrange another dodgy deal for the Manly scum to take over Gosford stadium, you'd better get moving. Bears are coming back to the NRL.

The bears were a massive pimple on the arse of the rugby league world....the NRL in their wisdom decided to prick that pimple.....job done successfully and hey presto the bears relegated to the trash bin of history.

I really hope the people of the CC get a team, but I hope for their sake not the bears who had a history of being a laughingstock of the comp. Useless in every sense of the word and clearly with fans like you rockin genius ronny they deserve to stay in limbo just so someone like you can spent the rest of their lifes in misery.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This tired old argument about teams in NSW, who gives a rats. The North Shore and CC dont have a team.

Not that I'm against the CC Bears but i do think this is a bit of a erroneous point. Yes I am sure some of those die hard NS Bears fans no longer watch a live game or even watch on TV but I am pretty sure that if you are a kid growing up in NS or any of its catchment area and your mates are into RL, you play it at school or for the local club and you are surrounded by the game on TV etc then you will pick a Sydney RL club and support it. I really don't buy this "you have to have a team around the corner or named after my suburb" to be a fan of the game and a club.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Not that I'm against the CC Bears but i do think this is a bit of a erroneous point. Yes I am sure some of those die hard NS Bears fans no longer watch a live game or even watch on TV but I am pretty sure that if you are a kid growing up in NS or any of its catchment area and your mates are into RL, you play it at school or for the local club and you are surrounded by the game on TV etc then you will pick a Sydney RL club and support it. I really don't buy this "you have to have a team around the corner or named after my suburb" to be a fan of the game and a club.

Not that your against the CC Bears ?? WTF ??

I really don't buy this "you have to have a team around the corner or named after my suburb" to be a fan of the game and a club.
Who said that ??

I am pretty sure that if you are a kid growing up in NS or any of its catchment area and your mates are into RL, you play it at school or for the local club and you are surrounded by the game on TV etc then you will pick a Sydney RL club and support it.
You're right. Reduce the comp into 4 Sydney teams. The kids will come across eventually. How so ?? Well they may have mates playing League at school etc. and it's on tele and stuff.

Talons

Juniors
Truth is after 10yrs how can you be so sure that Norths fans are all just going to fall back in line and follow a club which doesn't really support there local area..
Population of SE Queensland 2,800,000 by 3 = 900,000
Perth 1,554,769
Central Coast 300,000
You may very well say that North Sydney should be counted in the numbers, but then wouldn't logic suggest that Western Australia be counted for Perth also, and then you could divide the whole of Queensland by 3 if you want to become that pedantic.

mightybears

Bench
Truth is after 10yrs how can you be so sure that Norths fans are all just going to fall back in line and follow a club which doesn't really support there local area..
Perth 1,554,769
Central Coast 300,000
You may very well say that North Sydney should be counted in the numbers, but then wouldn't logic suggest that Western Australia be counted for Perth also, and then you could divide the whole of Queensland by 3 if you want to become that pedantic.

The Central Coast and North Shore have a Rugby league culture, the people of Perth largely don't. By your reckoning Bejing should have a team.

mightybears

Bench
Can't wait to see a game between the bears and manly in the flesh, just from the posts it sounds like a hate fueled rivalry. I've only been following the NRL for 4 and a bit years, but my fist impressions of manly was "i dont like that team". No idea why, i just don't like them!

With some of the maggots like mave as examples of 'filth over the spit', i'm sure the hatred will flow, i have no doubt.

ghee

Juniors
I was at the Souths v Newcastle game at Bluetongue. Bay 14 was absolutely packed with Red and Black supporters. Sure, there were a few familiar faces, but I'm sure the majority were locals. Out of a crowd of 16098, I reckon at least 2000 were CC Bears fans...and that's a conservative estimate. Probably closer to 3000.

Goddo

Bench
Looking at the blokes who left the NRL for Super14 or Super League last year alone you can make up most of a RL squad (even if a little old and out of form in places)...

1 Brett Kearney (SL)
2 Chris Walker (SL)
3 Iosia Soliola (SL)
4 Brett Delaney (SL)
5 Will Chambers (Super14)
6 Jarrod Sammut (SL)
7 Matt Orford (SL)
8 Mark O'Meley (SL)
9 Heath L'Estrange (SL)
10 Craig Fitzgibbon (SL)
11 David Fa'alogo (SL)
12 Glenn Hall (SL)
13 Greg Eastwood (SL)

14 Joel Clinton (SL)

If you then look at blokes already playing in SL, its not that hard to find enough players to fill 2 new sides. Especially if Perth and CC introduce Toyota Cup level blokes to their squads and take 1 player from each NRL squad. I really don't think the NRL's player strength is an issue in expansion.

Loudstrat

Coach
Perth 1,554,769
Central Coast 300,000

Moron. When people from Broome can drive to Perth in 1/2 and hour you might have a point.

It would be easier getting kids from the NS to follow the olocal team than Perth kids following the NRL.

Talons

Juniors
You seem like a decent person Loudstrat so I will take the "moron" statement on the chin but even you surely get the gist of of what I was trying to say. I have read most of your posts and you seem a fairly balanced person.
Try not to be so reactive next time..

clarency

Juniors
You seem like a decent person Loudstrat so I will take the "moron" statement on the chin but even you surely get the gist of of what I was trying to say. I have read most of your posts and you seem a fairly balanced person.
Try not to be so reactive next time..

The Bears are his sweet spot. Say anything negative about them or their NRL bid makes the hairs on his testicles jump right up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts