What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I'm tempted! Even though I don't agree it is best for the long term of the game I know in the short term it is a massive boost for our chances as they will want two in, not one. Ah the dilemma!

Think of it this way, with the CC, its likely the Reds will get in and its also likely that a Sydney team will fold or re-locate. Come on Sydney hater, use your hate for Sydney in a contsructive way.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I'm tempted! Even though I don't agree it is best for the long term of the game I know in the short term it is a massive boost for our chances as they will want two in, not one. Ah the dilemma!

It's best for the long term that fans know they are not having theri competiton managed by frauds.

Kicking the Bears out of the NRL with trumped up "insolvency" charges then giving Manly the licence was a fraud.

This was the major crime of the superleague war - and until it's redressed, it will continue to be the game's disgrace.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't disagree, they were stuffed and deserve a shot, but I don't want to see one of only 4 likely new spots used up on another NSW team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep and there in lies my dilemma! :)

The selfish Reds fan in me says whatever it takes to get us back, the altruistic RL fan says lets use our remaining places to truly grow the game.

Anyway as I have said, mute arguments as there is only CC and WA with a realisitc chance as things stand now.

Loudstrat

Coach
Don't disagree, they were stuffed and deserve a shot, but I don't want to see one of only 4 likely new spots used up on another NSW team.

Dickhead. In other words, you don't want to see the next 4 clubs become profitable without 20 years of handouts.

When will you cumguzzlers realise the more money we harvest from available sources the more we have to throw at expansion. Right now, all we have to throw at them is a set of coasters from the NSWRL annual conference at the Drummoyne Rowers from 1978!

bender

Juniors
PR thinks that sand pays for the NRL, not people. That's why he wants clubs in places where no NRL fans are.

Why are there no NRL fans in Perth, but hundreds of thousands in North Sydney. I mean after all, Perth did have a higher average attendance than North Sydney!

And that was before the Qld/NSW migration explosion due to the mining boom. Perth really are becoming the next gold coast, a must have, although i do think that Wellington and Christchurch should both be there also, despite them not seeming to have the high profile bids.

Central coast, if they were smart, should be lobbying for Perth and CC immediately. If they waste too much time, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Central Queensland and even PNG/NT will pass them by.

Loudstrat

Coach
If you think there are more NRL fans in Perth than on the CC then you have problems. Check the ratings on Fox if you are not dead sure.

Besides, Perth never played in a comp with a CC team - how can you judge crowds?

bender

Juniors
If you think there are more NRL fans in Perth than on the CC then you have problems. Check the ratings on Fox if you are not dead sure.

Besides, Perth never played in a comp with a CC team - how can you judge crowds?

Where do i find the fox ratings with a split between Central Coast and Perth? I would be interested to look at these and do a comparison.

I was comparing the Perth side to the north sydney bears, not the central coast. Are you suggesting that you think that a Perth side would have more supporters than a North Sydney side, but not a Central Coast side. It isnt strictly true that Perth and Central Coast didnt have a side in the NRL together. The northern Eagles and Perth were in the competition together. From memory the Northern Eagles had better average crowds at the time (by about 3000 or so) but, Perth unfortunately had a much bigger losing streak (uncompetitive for many years) and their crowds held much stronger than the coasts, who eventually dropped well below Perth's when they started losing games regularly.

I accept that the central coast has some advantages over Perth, but Crowds is not necessarilly anywhere near as big an advantage as people tend to think.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where do i find the fox ratings with a split between Central Coast and Perth? I would be interested to look at these and do a comparison.

I was comparing the Perth side to the north sydney bears, not the central coast. Are you suggesting that you think that a Perth side would have more supporters than a North Sydney side, but not a Central Coast side. It isnt strictly true that Perth and Central Coast didnt have a side in the NRL together. The northern Eagles and Perth were in the competition together. From memory the Northern Eagles had better average crowds at the time (by about 3000 or so) but, Perth unfortunately had a much bigger losing streak (uncompetitive for many years) and their crowds held much stronger than the coasts, who eventually dropped well below Perth's when they started losing games regularly.

I accept that the central coast has some advantages over Perth, but Crowds is not necessarilly anywhere near as big an advantage as people tend to think.

your wasting your breath mate, the guys called loudtart, sums him up!

The northern Eagles and Perth were in the competition together. From memory the Northern Eagles had better average crowds at the time (by about 3000 or so) but, Perth unfortunately had a much bigger losing streak (uncompetitive for many years) and their crowds held much stronger than the coasts, who eventually dropped well below Perth's when they started losing games regularly.

umm... how could have the Reds and the Northern Eagles been in the same competition together, seeing as the Reds disbanded in 1998 and the Northern Eagles weren't formed till 2000? :?

bender

Juniors
umm... how could have the Reds and the Northern Eagles been in the same competition together, seeing as the Reds disbanded in 1998 and the Northern Eagles weren't formed till 2000? :?
That isnt a bad point, the old memory goes with age sometimes!

Still, the original point stands though, in relation to the average crowds, it makes no difference that the years were slightly appart does it? If anything, the Reds playing in superleague years should make their crowds lower not higher, shouldnt they?

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors

Hey give old Loudsnout a Mickey Mouse badge....Hold the phone...Best give him a Bullworker first so he can build the chest to pin it on.

Charles Atlas loves you Loudsnout.:lol:

Red Bear

Referee
A sydney club will fold/move in due time anyway, so the effect will be neutral. Cronulla have too small an area, fanbase and cash base to survive long term IMO and will probably end up in qld, whilst Manly would have concerns long term simply due to the condition of their ground and the unliklihood of it getting an upgrade to what it really needs (unless they just played out of the SFS, Manly in name). Plenty of room for the CC and continued expansion.

Im actually getting genuinely excited at the prospect of bears back in the top grade!

Loudstrat

Coach
PR, ignore the facts. Just play with your loopy mate and his pink bike. The argument is too hard for you.

Do you want the game to be strong? Simple - a CC team will bring better crowds in the short term - thereby making the game richer to fund expansion in the long term. And no CC - no Reds. How hard is that to comprehend?

If PNG used your logic - they could argue that Australia already has too many teams. A bloke called Moresby Red could bang on and demand sides for Port Moresby, Singapore, Hoing Kong and Bangkok. Argument - think of the Pay TV money from those new cities - think of the crowds -think of 2050!

If there are too many teams in NSW - there are too many teams in Australia. That's your logic.

I know a response will be too difficult for you. Exchange PM's with Dinky Dragon and see if you can come up with an insult instead - here is some of his best work! http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=355696&page=1 :lol:

Last edited:

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
PR, ignore the facts. Just play with your loopy mate and his pink bike. The argument is too hard for you.

Do you want the game to be strong? Simple - a CC team will bring better crowds in the short term - thereby making the game richer to fund expansion in the long term. And no CC - no Reds. How hard is that to comprehend?

If PNG used your logic - they could argue that Australia already has too many teams. A bloke called Moresby Red could bang on and demand sides for Port Moresby, Singapore, Hoing Kong and Bangkok. Argument - think of the Pay TV money from those new cities - think of the crowds -think of 2050!

If there are too many teams in NSW - there are too many teams in Australia. That's your logic.

I know a response will be too difficult for you. Exchange PM's with Dinky Dragon and see if you can come up with an insult instead - here is some of his best work! http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=355696&page=1 :lol:

I see Loudsnout you took a trip out to Grove Park. It's a pity they could not help you with your verbal diarrhea. Then again anybody such as yourself with the same masturbation problems it's a wonder you have not pulled yourself to pieces yet. 10 points Loudsnout for your new youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSykiBcRV14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts