What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
BTW guys, i am still waiting on answers for these questions.

Can Ipswich get a community feel about the club in three months? ahh no they can't they are already struggling to find a identity and have no ground to play at. They can't play at Suncorp for obvious reasons.

How many financial members can the ipswich jets get in 3 months when the people of Ipswich are questioning this bid themselves?

How many people will pay $5,000 for a membership for ipswich in three months?

Can ipswich make a great feel among people in more then one community? Can ipswich gain support in areas they want to represent like Toowoomba and Logan in 3 months?

Can ipswich get 23 junior clubs working towards one goal in 3 months?

Can ipswich get out in the community and attain community efforts and community day for three years over three months?

Can ipswich sponsor events like an aboriginal footy day in three months?

Can ipswich create a feel amongst their entire community that they will be getting a team in 2013 in three months?

Can ipswich get around 40 sponsors in three months?

Can ipswich get any sponsors to pay them actual (money that is handed over from the sponsors bank account to the bids account) money in three months?

Can ipswich reach 5,000 members (that was set by the NRL) in three months?

We are still waiting on ipswich aims? where are they?

Can ispwich get anybody to underwrite financially in three months? If so can they get unwritten for $10 million dollars.

Perth Red

Post Whore
new turf and a better groundscrewwould solve the stadium usage problem. Subiaco last couple of years was used for 50+ games a year with no issues. ANZ is probably around the same.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I'm going to play devils advocate!

Can Ipswich get a community feel about the club in three months?
Probably not, but then how big that support has to be when Gallop has already identified the corridor as a key market is very debateable.

How many financial members can the ipswich jets get in 3 months when the people of Ipswich are questioning this bid themselves?
Probably few, but then again how many did the Titans have?

Very much doubt this will be a major decision factor for bids.

Can ipswich make a great feel among people in more then one community? Can ipswich gain support in areas they want to represent like Toowoomba and Logan in 3 months?
Probably need some Rl fans from those areas to answer that one. How diod the SQ Crushers do in uniting the region?

won;t need to, jnr development is strong in Q'land that's all NRL will care about

Can ipswich get out in the community and attain community efforts and community day for three years over three months?
won;t be much iof a bid consideration, sadly

probably if they felt it strategically important to do so

Can ipswich create a feel amongst their entire community that they will be getting a team in 2013 in three months?
That depends on the noises coming out of the NRL. 12 months ago WA had no chance, now we are favourites!

They will need to get some decent $'s committing undoubtebly

Can ipswich get any sponsors to pay them actual (money that is handed over from the sponsors bank account to the bids account) money in three months?
as above

no but neither did the Titans or will the Reds (probably)

I am guessing the guy they have employed to develop it will have the answer to this one, eventually

Can ispwich get anybody to underwrite financially in three months? If so can they get unwritten for $10 million dollars
maybe, maybe not. A couple of big backers, either individuals or companies will be enough.

BDGS

Bench
I'm going to play devils advocate!

Can Ipswich get a community feel about the club in three months?
Probably not, but then how big that support has to be when Gallop has already identified the corridor as a key market is very debateable.

Probably few, but then again how many did the Titans have?

Very much doubt this will be a major decision factor for bids.

Probably need some Rl fans from those areas to answer that one. How diod the SQ Crushers do in uniting the region?

won;t need to, jnr development is strong in Q'land that's all NRL will care about

won;t be much iof a bid consideration, sadly

probably if they felt it strategically important to do so

That depends on the noises coming out of the NRL. 12 months ago WA had no chance, now we are favourites!

They will need to get some decent $'s committing undoubtebly

as above

no but neither did the Titans or will the Reds (probably)

I am guessing the guy they have employed to develop it will have the answer to this one, eventually

Can ispwich get anybody to underwrite financially in three months? If so can they get unwritten for $10 million dollars
maybe, maybe not. A couple of big backers, either individuals or companies will be enough.

Thanks for the effort mate.

The fact that somebody who is not a fan had to answer these questions (after Ipswich fans had so long to do), and had to answer it with lots of probables and no hard fact really shows where the bid is to me.

depends who you talk and you get a different answer as to which QLD NRL bid is better. IMO Central Queensland is miles ahead of Ipswich. Gallop has said many time and i have already sourced it that the bids need community feel about it (just like the titans) and have a strong business plan with strong financial backing. The Bears have even started on their Centre of Excellence. Just goes to show how far along the Bears are. The Bears are out in the community so are Central Queensland but Ipswich fans are not volunteering their time to help the bid, They are on forums trying to musta up some internet movement.

BDGS

Bench
new turf and a better groundscrewwould solve the stadium usage problem. Subiaco last couple of years was used for 50+ games a year with no issues. ANZ is probably around the same.

yes but Suncorp has had a history with turf problems, ANZ had some minor problems at one stage a few years back and Ethihad stadium was experience problems with their turf this year.

Perth Red

Post Whore

no worries, I think CQ may be more advanced but Ipswich ahs most potential and as seen from the GC if the NRl feel it has potential they are not adverse to putting off a decision to get them to a point to realise that potential. For me I would love to hear Bears and Reds for 2013 and in the next paragraph that the NRL is going to work with Ipswich and the NZRL to prepare them for 2018 expansion.

BDGS

Bench
Too much logic there, Perth Red.

What are you talking about now?

no worries, I think CQ may be more advanced but Ipswich ahs most potential and as seen from the GC if the NRl feel it has potential they are not adverse to putting off a decision to get them to a point to realise that potential. For me I would love to hear Bears and Reds for 2013 and in the next paragraph that the NRL is going to work with Ipswich and the NZRL to prepare them for 2018 expansion.

Yeah, that is the general census amongst the fans. There just seems to be 5 people against the Bears on this forum that are the only ones trying to put off the Bears run.

After all that the Bears have done in producing the games most advance NRL bid ever and the biggest Australian sporting bid in recent history, i would lose total faith in the NRL/IC ability to run the game if they turn down the Bears bid. If the NRL turn down the Bears bid it would be like kicking a own goal in soccer.

BDGS

Bench
I was quite content with that little laugh but you keep giving. Cheers, mate.

Reds & QLD 2013!

I was quite content with that little laugh but you keep giving. Cheers, mate.

Reds & QLD 2013!

Odd way to get your post count up...

oh wait this isn't a human error. You are one of those programs internet bots aren't you? That would explain the continual repeating you keep doing.

bobmar28

Bench

Can Ipswich get a community feel about the club in three months? ahh no they can't they are already struggling to find a identity and have no ground to play at. They can't play at Suncorp for obvious reasons.

Can ispwich get anybody to underwrite financially in three months? If so can they get unwritten for $10 million dollars.

Ipswich has one very important thing. It is not in a saturated market of 9 teams, some of which are struggling financially.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ipswich has one very important thing. It is not in a saturated market of 9 teams, some of which are struggling financially.

but it is a saturated market of only 9 different families, most of which are struggling financially...

bobmar28

Bench

The fact that somebody who is not a fan had to answer these questions (after Ipswich fans had so long to do), and had to answer it with lots of probables and no hard fact really shows where the bid is to me.

depends who you talk and you get a different answer as to which QLD NRL bid is better. IMO Central Queensland is miles ahead of Ipswich. Gallop has said many time and i have already sourced it that the bids need community feel about it (just like the titans) and have a strong business plan with strong financial backing. The Bears have even started on their Centre of Excellence. Just goes to show how far along the Bears are. The Bears are out in the community so are Central Queensland but Ipswich fans are not volunteering their time to help the bid, They are on forums trying to musta up some internet movement.

Where is your evidence that the people of Ipswich are questioning this bid themselves? And don't tell me a mate of a mate heard something.

bobmar28

Bench
What are you talking about now?

Yeah, that is the general census amongst the fans. There just seems to be 5 people against the Bears on this forum that are the only ones trying to put off the Bears run.

After all that the Bears have done in producing the games most advance NRL bid ever and the biggest Australian sporting bid in recent history, i would lose total faith in the NRL/IC ability to run the game if they turn down the Bears bid. If the NRL turn down the Bears bid it would be like kicking a own goal in soccer.

What utter nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.