What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
What are you talking about now?

Yeah, that is the general census amongst the fans. There just seems to be 5 people against the Bears on this forum that are the only ones trying to put off the Bears run.

After all that the Bears have done in producing the games most advance NRL bid ever and the biggest Australian sporting bid in recent history, i would lose total faith in the NRL/IC ability to run the game if they turn down the Bears bid. If the NRL turn down the Bears bid it would be like kicking a own goal in soccer.

Can you make that census available?

Talons

Juniors
I'm probably one of the five included in the "axis of evil" but it truly isn't because I have some deep seated hatred of the Bears, it's just that I believe in the best long term interests of the game that adding another team in N.S.W is a step backwards.

BDGS

Bench
Ipswich has one very important thing. It is not in a saturated market of 9 teams, some of which are struggling financially.

no but Ipswich is in a low socioeconomic area, they are also part of an wider area that has experience their sporting market change dramatically with a number of new teams in recent years. They have gone from having the Broncos, the Lions and the QLD Reds to having all those teams plus the Gold Coast Titans, Gold Coast Suns, Brisbane Roar, Gold Coast United and the Brisbane bandits.

This is a very touchy market but we should let settle and while doing that making our two existing proud teams a whole lot stronger. Like i already said in the other thread i rather see a super strong Gold Coast Titans then see us using two teams to combat the AFL's one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
could that same argument not be made for Manly and Newcastle? ie They should not be weakend by introducing another team but allowed and encourgaed to strengthen by getting the next generation from the CC/Nth Sydney respectively? (again just playing DA!)

BDGS

Bench
could that same argument not be made for Manly and Newcastle? ie They should not be weakend by introducing another team but allowed and encourgaed to strengthen by getting the next generation from the CC/Nth Sydney respectively? (again just playing DA!)

I think that would be a valid point if it were not for the fact that the area the Central Coast Bears will cover is almost 20% of the total population of the biggest state (population wise) of Australia. If you were to add Newcastle's and Manly's population into the mix, that would be a massive chunk of the population right there. I'm not sure exactly what that percentage would end up being but i do know that Newcastle has a big population.

Therefore Central Coast population + North Sydney population + Manly's population (although probably slight in context) + Newcastle population could end up being around 30-40% of the entire population.

Manly can't represent that people outside of the North Sydney penuilsa (its been shown time and time again) so that leaves the entire population from the bridge up (excluding Manly) to Newcastle. That population is far to great for just one team to cover,

Bears in the Central Coast community

David Fairleigh and a longtime Bears supporter (wearing the Best&Less merchandise) @ Woy Woy.

The CCBEARS membership drive @ Erina Fair.

Greg Florimo mingling with the supporters @ Erina Fair.

Jason Taylor gets behind the CCBEARS.

1 Rev Head & 2 Bears Heads.... Lowndsy & the boys from the Block

bluetongue_main_left.jpg

4704 financial members.. Carn the CCBEARS!!

The next Central Coast Bears membership drive will be @

BEST & LESS ERINA FAIR
WHEN: Thursday 23rd December, 5pm-8pm

PRIZE: Win an XBOX 360

bobmar28

Bench
no but Ipswich is in a low socioeconomic area, they are also part of an wider area that has experience their sporting market change dramatically with a number of new teams in recent years. They have gone from having the Broncos, the Lions and the QLD Reds to having all those teams plus the Gold Coast Titans, Gold Coast Suns, Brisbane Roar, Gold Coast United and the Brisbane bandits.

This is a very touchy market but we should let settle and while doing that making our two existing proud teams a whole lot stronger. Like i already said in the other thread i rather see a super strong Gold Coast Titans then see us using two teams to combat the AFL's one.

That should be 'three teams to combat the AFL's two.

And yet you want 10 Sydney teams to combat the AFL's 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.