What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluetongue_main_left.jpg

4704 financial members.. Carn the CCBEARS!!

Correction. make that 4775!!! Love it when a picture file updates itself, making the poster look like he can't count or read!! lol

Carn the Teddys!

BDGS

Bench
That should be 'three teams to combat the AFL's two.

No, it is two teams to combat one AFL team, The Broncos have already been in existence for quite sometime now. The team that will be combating the GCS is the Gold Coast Titans with extra help from the NRL and yet you guys want Ipswich because of the AFL threat. I obviously have got more faith in Rugby League then you do.

And yet you want 10 Sydney teams to combat the AFL's 2.

No, i want ONE NRL club in the area that holds 20% of NSW population that the AFL is targeting with ONE of their teams (GWS).

Jason Maher

Immortal
no worries, I think CQ may be more advanced but Ipswich ahs most potential and as seen from the GC if the NRl feel it has potential they are not adverse to putting off a decision to get them to a point to realise that potential. For me I would love to hear Bears and Reds for 2013 and in the next paragraph that the NRL is going to work with Ipswich and the NZRL to prepare them for 2018 expansion.

My thoughts exactly. :)

BDGS

Bench
The AFL is targeting the CC?

For the third time on this forum.

GWS have found that their not enough AFL junior talent in Western Sydney, let alone Greater Western Sydney and will be targeting juniors from the North Shore up to the coast for their GWS teams.

hellteam

First Grade

The CCBEARS membership drive @ Erina Fair.

Deadset, that Bears logo is so f**kin amateur, it looks like these people are raising money for an under 13 team's end of season trip. I honestly can't beleive someone has been paid to come up with it, you could have got a better design from a year 10 graphic design student. If it wasn't so serious it would actually be funny, why the hell is the bear sneezing?!?!?

Come on Bears, you have 4775 members, make some complaints about that ridiculous logo and get it changed!

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
I like the logo, a good mix of the past North Sydney Bears with the combination of a young newer club on the Central Coast. The Bears is roaring not sneezing.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

HARVEY NORMAN ERINA MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
WHEN: Sunday 26th (tomorrow) December, 10am-4pm

TERRIGAL RAINE & HORNE MEMBERSHIP DRIVES
TIME: 10am - 3pm
DATES: DEC 29th, JAN 3rd, 5th,7th,9th

AVOCA KAHVEA CAFE MEMBERSHIP DRIVES
TIME: 10am - 3pm
DATES: DEC 30th & during JAN 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th

smithie

Juniors
http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/12/26/bears-creating-a-mess-on-central-coasts-hopes/

Bears creating a mess for Central Coast

In the last few weeks Central Coast’s dream of entering the National Rugby League competition has been severely dashed, all thanks to the old and used North Sydney Bears brand.

Five major points are highlighted from the last month: Arguing (and losing) with Manly again, wanting to stop the free development of some North Sydney juniors, Central Coast Bears members complaining about memberships, NRL CEO’s support of Western Australia and a second Queensland team, and lastly not having the Coast’s full support.

The top two points are highlighted with the following sourced article points:

- Training row flares between Central Coast rugby league and Manly. Manly kindly training juniors at a Berkeley Vale gym to ensure there is less travel.

- Bear politics: The divisive approach by opponents of the Central Coast Bears attempting to drive a wedge in the community has been revealed, with a number of NRL clubs opposing the admission of any team on the Central Coast into the NRL in the future.

- “Bears and Sea Eagles again at loggerheads” – Manly are furious the Bears are attempting to prevent the Brookvale club from promoting the game in the Asquith and Berowra areas, a traditional North Sydney district.

- Bears banning Manly players from attending the carnival will only damage the kids and rugby league. “I’m sure the NSWRL will want an NRL team promoting the game. We are not looking for a fight with a non-existent NRL club.”

Another major point is the Central Coast Bears membership scheme, which promises so much but delivers so little – sometimes with no membership card or merchandise.

These furious fans are quoted:

- “Still waiting for mine” – coming from an actual Central Coast Bears volunteer!
- “I have my membership card but I don’t have the merchandise that was supposed to come with the package I got.”
- “My dad is number 1004, however they spelled his name wrong! They printed Carol instead of Carlo and made him a female! It’s getting sorted though.”
- “Still waiting on mine – I’m jealous…”

The excuses are still existent within the Bears “faithful”. If you can’t do it well, don’t do it at all – a common occurrence for the cursed Bears.

The major point is that the NRL clubs don’t want the Bears in their backyard.

“Sources have told the Herald that at the two-day annual conference of NRL club chief executives and chairmen in Byron Bay, which finished yesterday, there was a majority belief that expanding in other areas would better suit the competition.

“The addition of a club from Perth and another from Queensland – either central Queensland or west of Brisbane – emerged as the preferences in discussion.”

The final point is whether the Bears and Central Coast should unite. Central Coast residents have not been united and have even argued against each other. This has been very evident in the media and on Facebook, with the following said:

- “At the shops. In the surf off Avoca beach. Even the contractor painting his house yesterday wanted to know why the bloody hell a Central Coast footy team has to be called the Bears?”

- “So why the Bad News Bears? Why should Coasties align themselves with an image representing bankruptcy, mediocrity and – let’s be brutally honest here – the absolute tragedy that is celebrating your most recent premiership some 20 years before World War II?”

Let’s hope that the CEO’s resistance to include an entity with a history of failing in the NRL rubs off on the Independent Commission!

What a bullsh*t article with no substance. Haters trying their hardest to derail this momentum.

ANOTHER CENTRAL COAST BEARS MEMBERSHIP DRIVE TODAY @ ERINA FAIR from 10AM to 4PM.

We're @ 4822.. c'mon BEARS let's get to 5000 then 6000 then 7000 by March.

AND we still have our ace up our sleeve (no poker face)!!!

Last edited:
The roar?

The roar is as Rugby League-friendly as Andrew Demetriou. It's a site dedicated to white-anting Rugby League. Where AFL and Union fans frolic together with the one goal.

Take it with a grain of salt.

The roar?

The roar is as Rugby League-friendly as Andrew Demetriou. It's a site dedicated to white-anting Rugby League. Where AFL and Union fans frolic together with the one goal.

Take it with a grain of salt.

it's written by the same douche who wrote this a few months ago

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/08/23/central-coast-support-manly-not-the-bears/

no facts, no source, no credibility and he chooses to quote questions but not the answers. He ignores everything but what he wants to pick out. What a sad merkin writing tripe like this on Christmas..

Coastbloke

Bench
Anyone out there who doesn't like the idea of Central Coast Bears...??

What you'll get is the Central Coast Dolphins or the Central Coast Pelicans..!!..I mean, do these people think..??

The Bears were always coming up to the Central Coast..You know that nice new stadium that soccer call home..??..It was actually built for the North Sydney Bears to relocate to the Coast before the Bears were sacrificed/Executed for the Murdoch empire..

Now having said that, it IS going to be very very difficult for the NRL to install the Bears to an 18 team comp when pretty much media and most fans think there's enough teams in NSW as it is and the game is calling out for expansion into Central QLD, Perth and the like..

If the Bears are to be included in a 18 team comp in 2013, there is only 1 solution and it does make sense.

This is what the NRL need to do..

Include Perth and 2nd QLD team to make 18..

Include for the Central Coast Bears to make 19

Drop the Sharks - Makes 18 again..

Status
Not open for further replies.