What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I am not opposed to the Bears. I am opposed to the idea of a team in the Central Coast.
Yet you claim others are subjective? :-k

I'm still yet to see a decent argument from you or reason why you're opposed to the region having a team...

BDGS

Bench
Yet you claim others are subjective? :-k

I'm still yet to see a decent argument from you or reason why you're opposed to the region having a team...

He is a AFL and soccer support that wants to see the region be the small strong hold those sports need in this state :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Point 2 - Only two clubs are against the Bears, what most people don't know though there was 2 clubs against the Ipswich option and 1 against the WA option. Now idk who those clubs were, but it's not hard to guess. I don't think the clubs will have a big impact on the IC unless they vote in BIG number together which simply won't happen.

where did you get this from? It is contrary to what the news articles at the time were saying.

BDGS

Bench
where did you get this from?

People that were at the meeting. I know other people who were told more, i was just told numbers. There is also some people saying that those contrary reports were pushed onto the media outlets by a particular club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
come on tell me who voted against us so I can hate that club for ever more! :)

Could set up a nice rivallary for us for the future!

In terms of population and economic growth (over a period of a few decades), central QLD and Perth are better off than the CC. If you don't bellieve me go and do the research yourself.

Perth and QLD provide better opportunities for the game to prosper. Not only at an economic level but at a grass roots level too.

The Bears having allegiance to the second largest corporate city behind Sydney (yes North Sydney is the second largest corporate and financial sector in the country) is offering nothing in economic level.

Juniors from North Sydney to the Central Coast compared to two country outlets in rural QLD is nothing at grassroots.

You have an argument based on no facts and no sense.

Point 1 - If its all about TV it'll be WA and CQ, Ips and CC would bring about the same amount of extra Tv revenue.

Point 2 - Only two clubs are against the Bears, what most people don't know though there was 2 clubs against the Ipswich option and 1 against the WA option. Now idk who those clubs were, but it's not hard to guess. I don't think the clubs will have a big impact on the IC unless they vote in BIG number together which simply won't happen.

Point 3 - The NRL took the relocation to Gosford money off the table a few years ago, i can't remember exactly when but it was sometime after the Sharks tried to relocate and just before the Central Coast bid got serious.

Manly and Newcastle are against the Bears as is one high profile individual.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Manly and Newcastle are against the Bears as is one high profile individual.
Why isn't this surprising. Two dreadfully managed teams fear the idea of having a neighbour that is well managed. It would force those two teams to get off their arse and do a better job at running a professional 21st century sporting team, which is something that they have a luxury of putting in the "too hard basket" while they have no strong competitor.

BDGS

Bench
Why isn't this surprising. Two dreadfully managed teams fear the idea of having a neighbour that is well managed. It would force those two teams to get off their arse and do a better job at running a professional 21st century sporting team, which is something that they have a luxury of putting in the "too hard basket" while they have no strong competitor.

It doesn't matter, two clubs will have no affect on the decision that the IC will make. As other people 'in the know' have said that those jokers will have enough of their time running their businesses then to stop another.

Ipswich also had two clubs against their bid, so they are in the same situation as the Bears.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Bears having allegiance to the second largest corporate city behind Sydney (yes North Sydney is the second largest corporate and financial sector in the country) is offering nothing in economic level.

what is this statement based on? not according to this:

North Sydney central business district is Sydney’s second largest office market and the sixth largest in Australia

Growth in the North Sydney CBD has been limited since the mid 1990s,

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
People are still making sh*thouse points. Get it through your heads, the CCBears are ready. Everything is in place. This isn't a paper document with bid information. This is a community built bid from the ground up with assistance from the Bears to make sure the corporate support is there. All these stupid arguements should have been pointed out last year. However now everything is covered. The support financially to community to sponsors to corporate to political to some of the most respected people in our game is there.

As for everything else that's subjective. Take it to the other thread. We have initiatives and action here. There's no assuming or guessing.

The CC Bears are ready for the NRL but the NRL isn't ready for the CC Bears.

adamkungl

Immortal

exactly why no one should give a f**k what the clubs think.

Talons

Juniors
Point 1 - If its all about TV it'll be WA and CQ, Ips and CC would bring about the same amount of extra Tv revenue.

Point 3 - The NRL took the relocation to Gosford money off the table a few years ago, i can't remember exactly when but it was sometime after the Sharks tried to relocate and just before the Central Coast bid got serious.

Forget the "I've been told stuff" lets have proof that's it's only 2 clubs that are against the admission of another team in N.S.W.

BDGS

Bench
The CC Bears are ready for the NRL but the NRL isn't ready for the CC Bears.

yet another opinion of yours that you have stated as fact when it in reality it is most definitely not a fact.

Forget the "I've been told stuff" lets have proof that's it's only 2 clubs that are against the admission of another team in N.S.W.

lmao. Are you new here?

I posted many post with sources that were dismissed by people saying lines like those are just media reports/article with agendas. Which yes everything written by anyone ever has an agenda on it but nevertheless the points and facts marked with sources carried little wait on here.

So my reaction is go to the people who were at the meeting and get it straight from the horses mouth and then straight away posters on this site want a source. All i heard was the facts on NUMBERS of for and against. I have heard other rumours from a number of people as to who those clubs that voted for and against are.

Obviously you can't win unless you support the WA and one of the QLD bids. Ridiculous.

Talons

Juniors
yet another opinion of yours that you have stated as fact when it in reality it is most definitely not a fact.

lmao. Are you new here?

I posted many post with sources that were dismissed by people saying lines like those are just media reports/article with agendas. Which yes everything written by anyone ever has an agenda on it but nevertheless the points and facts marked with sources carried little wait on here.

So my reaction is go to the people who were at the meeting and get it straight from the horses mouth and then straight away posters on this site want a source. All i heard was the facts on NUMBERS of for and against. I have heard other rumours from a number of people as to who those clubs that voted for and against are.

Obviously you can't win unless you support the WA and one of the QLD bids. Ridiculous.

In other words your statement was baseless and you can't produce the sources to back them up...

BDGS

Bench
In other words your statement was baseless and you can't produce the sources to back them up...

If you want to live in a fantasy world then go ahead. I trust the people where i get my information from especially when it is straight from the horses mouth and not journalist who weren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts