What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1

Juniors
May I pose this question to you. If the Bears were to gain admission into the competition would you switch your allegiance or continue supporting the Bulldogs?

May I pose this question to you. If the Bears were to gain admission into the competition would you switch your allegiance or continue supporting the Bulldogs?

The question has been answered over and over. I will go most games that dont clash with panthers games.

BDGS

Bench
You must love the Bunnies cheerleaders then. I watched the 1970 Grand Final last year and there they were, the Bunnies cheer girls. It seems that tradition went out the window to appease some inner city snobs.

Love the old bunnies cheerleaders.

mightybears

Bench
If the NRL are blind enough to enter the Central Coast, it will be short lived. The supporter base will at first be adequate however past examples show that they will dwindle.

The better option would be to give the opportunity to a better suited region.

you have no idea

mightybears

Bench
the crowds during the last 10 years of ad hoc matches and sometimes poor promotion has been very strong at the Gosford stadium.

People are still making sh*thouse points. Get it through your heads, the CCBears are ready. Everything is in place. This isn't a paper document with bid information. This is a community built bid from the ground up with assistance from the Bears to make sure the corporate support is there. All these stupid arguements should have been pointed out last year. However now everything is covered. The support financially to community to sponsors to corporate to political to some of the most respected people in our game is there.

As for everything else that's subjective. Take it to the other thread. We have initiatives and action here. There's no assuming or guessing.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

Null point, it's no different to the situation a SEQLD team would find themselves in. The Brisbane people who post on here that don't like the Broncos already have another team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
People are still making sh*thouse points. Get it through your heads, the CCBears are ready. Everything is in place. This isn't a paper document with bid information. This is a community built bid from the ground up with assistance from the Bears to make sure the corporate support is there. All these stupid arguements should have been pointed out last year. However now everything is covered. The support financially to community to sponsors to corporate to political to some of the most respected people in our game is there.

As for everything else that's subjective. Take it to the other thread. We have initiatives and action here. There's no assuming or guessing.

Don't know too many would disagree, however there are probably three things outside of the Bears control that may well be deciding factors, as sad as it would be after all your hard work:

1. TV - if the NRL get a sense that one area is worth alot more in $'s than another from the TV contract point of view it is hard to see them ignoring it
2. Saturation/Competition- Other NRL clubs and influence on the IC, there has been stated opposition to the Bears rejoining, depending on how I the Ic is it may be a factor
3. Relocation- Relocation of an exisiting Sydney team to Gosford has long been an option that the NRL has seen as preferrable. Bears back means that no longer becomes an option if a team decides they can't survive where they are.

I still think logic dictates it will be Bears and Reds come 2013.

the1

Juniors
If the NRL want to welcome a successful new franchise then they should stay clear of the Central Coast and the Bears. Sure, you guys have stated that right now you guys have support from various bodies however the NRL should really be looking 15 and 20 years down the track.

In 15 and 20 years time where are the areas which will experience growth and the like. The NRL should pick a better suited region.

mightybears

Bench
Don't know too many would disagree, however there are probably three things outside of the Bears control that may well be deciding factors, as sad as it would be after all your hard work:

1. TV - if the NRL get a sense that one area is worth alot more in $'s than another from the TV contract point of view it is hard to see them ignoring it
2. Saturation/Competition- Other NRL clubs and influence on the IC, there has been stated opposition to the Bears rejoining, depending on how I the Ic is it may be a factor
3. Relocation- Relocation of an exisiting Sydney team to Gosford has long been an option that the NRL has seen as preferrable. Bears back means that no longer becomes an option if a team decides they can't survive where they are.

Agreed, i don't think point one will come about, because there is no reason/logic for it, but point two and three are valid, eventhough point 3 is less of an issue now than a few years ago imo.

mightybears

Bench
If the NRL want to welcome a successful new franchise then they should stay clear of the Central Coast and the Bears. Sure, you guys have stated that right now you guys have support from various bodies however the NRL should really be looking 15 and 20 years down the track.

In 15 and 20 years time where are the areas which will experience growth and the like. The NRL should pick a better suited region.

the logic of that being?

the1

Juniors
the logic of that being?
In terms of population and economic growth (over a period of a few decades), central QLD and Perth are better off than the CC. If you don't bellieve me go and do the research yourself.

Perth and QLD provide better opportunities for the game to prosper. Not only at an economic level but at a grass roots level too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's exactly what a new club needs... Split allegiance.

As opposed to you who does?

I have a feeling your opinion is subjective.

In terms of population and economic growth (over a period of a few decades), central QLD and Perth are better off than the CC. If you don't bellieve me go and do the research yourself.

Perth and QLD provide better opportunities for the game to prosper. Not only at an economic level but at a grass roots level too.
You say an awful lot about the subjectivity of other posters, yet ignore your own allegiances which clearly have you opposed to the Bears.

You also have a very limited argument, you've presented too little in fact and too much in baseless statement.

BDGS

Bench

Point 1 - If its all about TV it'll be WA and CQ, Ips and CC would bring about the same amount of extra Tv revenue.

Point 2 - Only two clubs are against the Bears, what most people don't know though there was 2 clubs against the Ipswich option and 1 against the WA option. Now idk who those clubs were, but it's not hard to guess. I don't think the clubs will have a big impact on the IC unless they vote in BIG number together which simply won't happen.

Point 3 - The NRL took the relocation to Gosford money off the table a few years ago, i can't remember exactly when but it was sometime after the Sharks tried to relocate and just before the Central Coast bid got serious.

they took it off the table because they didnt have it any more, and they knocked back the sharks scheme because it was only a short term half arsed attempt to relocate a little like everything the old regime dished up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts