What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1

Juniors
I like the title of this thread.

The Bears should stand aside. Their time is up. It is now time for Ipswitch or Peth.

BDGS

Bench
I like the title of this thread.

The Bears should stand aside. Their time is up. It is now time for Ipswitch or Peth.

Reading the first two lines, i thought your level of intelligence is not where it should be, then i continued reading and got confirmation. Thanks mate.

the1

Juniors
My support is fully behind a team in WA. The Bears and the Central Coast are a waste of money, time, effort and hope.

the1

Juniors
The Bears bandwagon will come tumbling down.

Why expand in a region which has no hope. I'd like to see how long Newcastle and CC would last together.

The better option would be to put a fourth team in the larger state of Queensland and open the RL world to WA.

BDGS

Bench

Why expand in a region which has no hope. I'd like to see how long Newcastle and CC would last together.

The better option would be to put a fourth team in the larger state of Queensland and open the RL world to WA.

I promise not all Souths fans are this dumb.

same with dogs fans, we aren't all as stupid as those two idiot fans.

the1

Juniors
If the NRL are blind enough to enter the Central Coast, it will be short lived. The supporter base will at first be adequate however past examples show that they will dwindle.

The better option would be to give the opportunity to a better suited region.

dgsfan

Juniors
If the NRL are blind enough to enter the Central Coast, it will be short lived. The supporter base will at first be adequate however past examples show that they will dwindle.

Completely agree. Precedents have been set with this volatile club.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Well if the Central Coast can't not sustain a team than can the Sydney Clubs and Newcastle stop playing at Gosford. Oh thats right we get a bigger crowd at Gosford so we will move our home games.

The CC will be able to draw crowds, has a large junior base, membership, and sponsorhip already.

Looks like many people have no idea but does don't not want the CC to have a team.

What past examples?? The CC has not had its own team and what precendents have been set by this volatile club??

Stll waiting for the offical website and business plan by the "Ipswich Jets"

Many people in WA do not even know that the WA Reds are trying to enter a team - media only cae about the AFL over there.

bobmar28

Bench
I'm a Bulldogs fan.

Have another look at my avatar, you will see its not the normal logo, its an older logo. I love traditional stuff. That is why it is there.

You must love the Bunnies cheerleaders then. I watched the 1970 Grand Final last year and there they were, the Bunnies cheer girls. It seems that tradition went out the window to appease some inner city snobs.

bobmar28

Bench
Well if the Central Coast can't not sustain a team than can the Sydney Clubs and Newcastle stop playing at Gosford. Oh thats right we get a bigger crowd at Gosford so we will move our home games.

The CC will be able to draw crowds, has a large junior base, membership, and sponsorhip already.

Looks like many people have no idea but does don't not want the CC to have a team.

What past examples?? The CC has not had its own team and what precendents have been set by this volatile club??

Stll waiting for the offical website and business plan by the "Ipswich Jets"

Many people in WA do not even know that the WA Reds are trying to enter a team - media only cae about the AFL over there.

I want the CC to have a team but only when a Sydney team merges/falls over.

WA will be difficult but we have no choice. We have to go truly national otherwise the AFL will become the only national football code.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Which past examples are those?

You mean the Central Coast Bears I, which went broke because it was trying to build a stadium and rain delays kicked that plan in the pants? Guess what? Stadium's built now, and the backing from the corporate community is better... tenfold.

Or are you talking perhaps about the Northern Eagles, an abortion of a club from day one, the Manly Sea Eagles cannibalising the Bears and spitting them out (although I'm sure I'll start another argument with that one). A club lied and manipulated the region.

Since that "club" left the Coast, teams have been bringing games up with mostly success. The average crowd up here is somewhere in excess of 13 or 14k from memory since 2004, and that's without the place having it's own team. Given there are a number of clubs averaging 14k or less in the comp, the NRL could do worse.

Great to see plenty of facts there. "no hope"... because you think so?

Oh, the only way Queensland is larger, by the way, is in land size. NSW is by far the largest populated state in Australia.
Completely agree. Precedents have been set with this volatile club.
Volatile? :lol: Are you Alan Jones or something? Tele journo? Talk about false hysteria.

macavity

Referee

Newcastle have _never_ played a home game on the Central Coast.

With your unrivalled grasp of the facts, you should write for the Newcastle Herald.

the1

Juniors

One-off games can not compare to a whole season. I am only speaking from the viewpoint of a South Sydney fan, but when we have had games up on the Central Coast (in the past) it has been against teams like Melbourne who for a one-off game would be good to go and see with the lineup they have. I, myself traveled up the coast to go watch Souths play there whenever there is a fixture there and I can tell you that there is a lot of Rabbitohs supporters making the trip up. I remember one game we got a crowd of 15,000, I would have to say 8,000 were SS supporters from Sydney.

And to who made the point of some Sydney clubs only averaging 13k. Fair point. The Roosters attendance has been abysmal. Not so much towards the end of last season but at the beginning of the season, i could not understand how the attendance figures lined up with what I was seeing in the bays on TV.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newcastle have _never_ played a home game on the Central Coast.

With your unrivalled grasp of the facts, you should write for the Newcastle Herald.
I don't see how you could possibly gather that from his post, but good try. He merely mentioned that Newcastle are amongst the teams that play there. Whilst yes, they are the away team in all cases, they have played at Bluetongue more than any other NRL club in the last 5-6 years.
One-off games can not compare to a whole season. I am only speaking from the viewpoint of a South Sydney fan, but when we have had games up on the Central Coast (in the past) it has been against teams like Melbourne who for a one-off game would be good to go and see with the lineup they have. I, myself traveled up the coast to go watch Souths play there whenever there is a fixture there and I can tell you that there is a lot of Rabbitohs supporters making the trip up. I remember one game we got a crowd of 15,000, I would have to say 8,000 were SS supporters from Sydney.

And to who made the point of some Sydney clubs only averaging 13k. Fair point. The Roosters attendance has been abysmal. Not so much towards the end of last season but at the beginning of the season, i could not understand how the attendance figures lined up with what I was seeing in the bays on TV.
Yes, you are only speaking from the viewpoint of a Souths fan. I am speaking as a Bulldogs fan and a resident of the Central Coast, and I can assure you, at least in the circles in which I mix, that people want to see rugby league at Bluetongue Stadium.

Your claim of 8,000 is a bit bizarre, there is no possible way you could poll where the Souths fans have come from. There's no evidence to suggest many of those 8,000 weren't locals from the Central Coast.

As for "one-off" games... the Coast usually gets about 4 or 5 games at the moment and for the most part they are well-attended, including the most recent game at the venue - Manly v Tigers, which resulted in an equal record attendance at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.