What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaters never prosper

Noa

First Grade
Does Cameron Smith seriously manage himself? Hahahaha yea I'm sure he had no idea about the rorts

He's managed by titan. At the time of the contract in question he had Isaac Moses handle everything I think after splitting from Banaghan.

_Johnsy

Referee
I was sure I heard an interview where smith stated he managed his own affairs.

One interesting thing that has been overlooked (not sure if it was mentioned in the report).

In the early days of the story breaking there were reports of a chain of emails between club management, players, and player managers which specifically referred to a range of ways in which players could be paid outside the salary cap. Not sure if this was mentioned in the report.

I cannot fathom that anyone can actually believe that the players had no idea, FFS grow a backbone and come clean.

No-one made a complaint to the Police as I stated earlier.

"At this stage Victoria Police is not investigating and the matter has not been referred to us," a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/news-ltd-sack-independent-storm-directors-no-evidence-that-players-knew-of-cap-rorting-20100715-10bru.html

Last edited:
I was sure I heard an interview where smith stated he managed his own affairs.

One interesting thing that has been overlooked (not sure if it was mentioned in the report).

In the early days of the story breaking there were reports of a chain of emails between club management, players, and player managers which specifically referred to a range of ways in which players could be paid outside the salary cap. Not sure if this was mentioned in the report.

I cannot fathom that anyone can actually believe that the players had no idea, FFS grow a backbone and come clean.

"At this stage Victoria Police is not investigating and the matter has not been referred to us," a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/news-ltd-sack-independent-storm-directors-no-evidence-that-players-knew-of-cap-rorting-20100715-10bru.html

Anyone who thinks the players were unaware and not involved lives in my opinion in a dreamworld of fairy floss and pixies.

Of course they bloody knew. ( in my opinion ).

Raider_69

Post Whore
Probably says more about you that you think that sort of thing is acceptable than it does about any misunderstanding from members who think he's a merkin.

Ive clearly said i dont in anyway shape or form condone the racist remarks.

Learn to read you f**king peanut

Ive clearly said i dont in anyway shape or form condone the racist remarks.

Learn to read you f**king peanut

What you say and what you do are two different things.

By being friends with the bloke and talking him up, you're condoning racism.

Most decent human beings would have either put him straight or told him to f**k off for being a sub-standard human being.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: Get a grip you pelican, ive not once condoned racism.
He is not a friend as such, he my cousin, and i happen to know him to be a good bloke who is not racist. I couldnt careless what you think of him or anyone else, because actually none of you know him. I do. And im comfortably saying that i have more an idea of who and what this bloke is about then those who respond to his outlandish nonsense online. He'll cop what he gets online for such a stupid remark, but i doubt he is losing a minute of sleep over what faceless on line personalities think of him.

As for sub standard human beings, you'd be well advised to look closer to home before worrying about others

Last edited:

Slammin

Juniors
He is not a friend as such, he my cousin, and i happen to know him to be a good bloke who is not racist.

Well your cousin is racist scum. Obviously in the real world he isn't because he is a coward so he keeps his racism online only.

stormbati

Bench
So much for evidence. That proves nothing. If it did, Gallop wouldve taken action against the players. I'm guessing the moment he does that, the players union jump in and the shit hits the fan.

No evidence.

Get a grip you pelican, ive not once condoned racism.
He is not a friend as such, he my cousin, and i happen to know him to be a good bloke who is not racist. I couldnt careless what you think of him or anyone else, because actually none of you know him. I do. And im comfortably saying that i have more an idea of who and what this bloke is about then those who respond to his outlandish nonsense online. He'll cop what he gets online for such a stupid remark, but i doubt he is losing a minute of sleep over what faceless on line personalities think of him.

As for sub standard human beings, you'd be well advised to look closer to home before worrying about others

24wed13.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
So much for evidence. That proves nothing. If it did, Gallop wouldve taken action against the players. I'm guessing the moment he does that, the players union jump in and the shit hits the fan.

No evidence.

Read the comments and posts again you ignorant twat.

bileduct

Coach

No evidence.
f**k me dead, you are in denial, mate.

There is plenty of evidence that suggests your f**king scum club is full of cheating f**ks from top to bottom, and that's without their cooperation during the investigation.

f**k you and your dirty, scummy club full of f**king dirty cheats.

El Diablo

Post Whore

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...storm-of-salary-cap-fraud-20110506-1eay2.html

Police clear Storm of salary cap fraud
Megan Levy
May 6, 2011

Victoria Police say they have found no evidence of criminal behaviour in the salary cap scandal that engulfed the Melbourne Storm rugby league club last year.

After a 10-month investigation, detectives announced in a statement this morning that no fraud-related offences had been committed.

Fraud squad detectives had identified some offences relating to the falsification of statutory declarations, police said.

Some of these declarations were made outside of Victoria.

"We have decided not to pursue this line of inquiry, as to do so would be extremely resource intensive and there is a high probability it would not result in any charges being laid," police said.

"Victoria Police understands other regulatory agencies have some jurisdiction in relation to the salary cap breaches and believe the criminal environment is not the most suitable way to prosecute this matter."

In July last year, an audit showed that the Melbourne Storm breached its salary cap by $3.2 million between 2006-10, and was on track to exceed it by $1.3 million last year.

The National Rugby League stripped the Storm of two premiership titles, demanded $1.5 million in fines and prize money and ruled the club would play for no points last season.

Victoria Police said it would be taking no further action on the matter.