What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chin Grothe next to go

aussies1st

Staff member
Wallabies should just buy the whole Eels team as that what it looks like they are doing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
kooriguy said:
feel sorry for the eels.. NOT :lol:

that's ok...we'll have over a million to spend on a couple of players who will more than likely play more than 15 games between them each year ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
S.S.T.I.D said:
Exactly. I could of rattled on, but I just picked the first two that pooped in my head. The game is in great hands and if rugby want to keep poaching 27 year old wingers, that's fine by me. When they start pinching those kids I'll be concerned.

well actually...Tahue will be 28 next year Grothe 29.

gaterooze

Bench
And both notoriously injury prone.

Doesn't this woefully devalue the Wallaby jumper? They're handing them out to guys who have never played the game and openly bag it. The clear message is: wanna be a Wallaby? Play LEAGUE.

I find this funny:

"Grothe would play this season with Parramatta before joining the NSW Waratahs in 2008 and be groomed for the 2011 World Cup."

He'll be 32 then!

Super 14: retirement home for League :lol:

shiznit

Coach
HAHAHA!! im pissed off as a parramatta fan but im happy as a All Black fan.

Joe Rock and Sivi are gonna make these 2 goobers look ordinary.

HIT BACK RUGBY LEAGUE!!
go into contract talks with Daniel Carter or Brian O'Driscoll. even if you have no chance of signing them... it would send a jolt through Rugby that they would feel. so far Rugby think its open season because they know there players are not even under threat. just look at the media attention the titans got when Jonah was linked to them. go after young Kurtly B eale...i think hes overrated and yet to prove to be anything but if you show intrest in the ARU's next best thing it will shake them to the core.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
any player that wants to go to yawnion can f**k off. they should forfeit any rep jersey and can stay at home wtahcing the greatest game in the world played whislt looking forward to touching the ball once every 3 games for the next how ever many years.

whilst it is dissapointing that players are chasing the dollar, I wont be losing sleep over it and i see it as an opportunity for some juniors to step up and make an impact

Brutus

Referee
gaterooze said:
And both notoriously injury prone.

Doesn't this woefully devalue the Wallaby jumper? They're handing them out to guys who have never played the game and openly bag it. The clear message is: wanna be a Wallaby? Play LEAGUE.

I find this funny:

"Grothe would play this season with Parramatta before joining the NSW Waratahs in 2008 and be groomed for the 2011 World Cup."

He'll be 32 then!

Super 14: retirement home for League :lol:

Wallaby jerseys are being bought it seems. After reading that article it appears Grothe will be given a Wallaby jersey no matter how sh*t he plays.

I just don't know how anyone can take union seriously anymore this country. The ARU are a joke.

Raider_69 said:
he has been known to play abit of centre in his time hasnt he? Same with Sa? They were two i was iffy on (Sa more so then eastwood whom im sure i read could play centre)
sam moa is a forward isn't he?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
kooriguy said:
lol roberts and lewis will be there before hazem is even mentioned.:roll:

:lol: Friday night should be interesting...

You're not biased much are you? ;-)

Hazem has been selected for City every year since when?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think hazem's omissions from higher rep honours is due to the false 'you need big wingers' theory. this whole idea of players 'built' for origin is a crock. hazems always been a very good winger but cos he's not 6ft tall he gets overlooked. I have no doubt that he'd do well at origin/test level (is he eligible for Australia due to his lebanon commitments?)

id ratehr have hazem in my team than grothe and tahu is a shadow of who he used to be

eelandia

Juniors
Brutus said:
I just look at the team lists for this week and see a lot of very average line-ups. Some of the poor teams could really do with some of these players that have gone to RU or the English Super League. We need a better retention policy or something has to be done with the cap.

Too many average sides and with the extra team this season things appear more average than ever.

Agreed...the depth in the comp could be better and Gallop's reiteration of the old cliche "...we don't want to create an imbalance in the salary cap by having a slush fund to keep priority players..." is a short sighted concept. What is the use of an even comp if the standard eventually drops to a reserve grade level.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He played for Aus in 96, 97 or 98 I believe, can't remember which.

Hazem guarantees you two points (moreso than Fitzy or Locky), and the 128 first grade tries he's scored speaks for itself. He's one of the game's best wingers.

Bomber

Bench
Let's face it - if the players wanted a genuine challenge, they'll stay in league.

The only motivation is money, money, money. They would earn more for doing less. That said, good on them - if union were silly enough to offer me $500,000 to catch a cold watching a scrum collapse from 20 metres away, I'll take it too.

axl rose

Bench
eelavation said:
well actually...Tahue will be 28 next year Grothe 29.

Wow cant believe he is that age already. Never really saw the best of him. Time for the retirement castle at Coffs Harbour where you can collect your free Wallaby jersey.

Latest posts