What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Stuart you are a ********** Disgrace

RABK

Referee
Newcastlerabbit said:
Business,I have never seen a bigger girl and sook than you Coach.

Newcastlerabbit said:
Hey Business, i have never seen a bigger girl and sook/spoilt brat/whinger than your ****wit of a coach.

You idiot, posting almost the exact same thing 4 minutes apart.

DJ1

Juniors
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Ricky Stuart
2002 - Premiers
2003 - GF
2004 - GF
2005 - The recession we had to have
2006 - So far 40 - 22 v Bunnies
I'll put up with Ricky's faults for that...

What has Souths done lately. Let me qualify lately, in the last 5 years? Nuf said. Go pratice writing "YES" or "NO" for Sunday, if your lucky it could be multiple choice.

Stuart or Fittler?

Looking at the stats from 2002 to 2006 Round 1

Stuart has coached 107 First grade games (NRL premiership and finals)
Wins 71 (impressive 66.4%)
Losses 35 (32.7%) plus there was a draw

When this is broken down into with or without Fittler it's a very different story.

With Fittler, 76 Games
Wins 59 (77.6% wow)
Losses 16 (21.1%) Plus draw

Without Fittler, 31 Games
Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
DJ1 said:
Stuart or Fittler?

When this is broken down into with or without Fittler it's a very different story.

With Fittler, 76 Games
Wins 59 (77.6% wow)

Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

Btw, Stuarts record with Braith Anasta is 1/1 (100%) :)

nqboy

First Grade
DJ1 said:
Stuart or Fittler?

With Fittler, 76 Games
Wins 59 (77.6% wow)

Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)
This is a fair point, no matter how much Roosters fans would like to ignore it.

garfunkel

Juniors
Chook said:
As far as Ben Walker goes, well we all know the cat like dives the Walker family as so famous for don't we? Remember Shane and his gutless act 2 years ago? Maybe Ben was trying the same thing and it went horribly wrong? And Ben was having a go at Ricky cause Ricky cut his useless cat like brother Chris from the team, nothing more than sour grapes, bit like newcastlerabbit.

Are you saying that Ben wasn't concused and that he took a dive and sat out of the match for the next 30 minutes for no good reason?

Choppies

Coach
Those stats are just a credit to how great he was.
Just a point on 2005. Who is to say that had Fittler stayed on another season we would have done any better than we did? The players looked very dissinterested in what was going on and games seemed like a chore to them. Now a bad attitude in a team can get to great players and affect their performance.

nqboy

First Grade
Or a great player can drag his teammates up to his standard, like he'd been doing for years.

KFC

Juniors
Fittler was an enormous loss and I don't think for one minute that any Easts fan would disagree.

The fact that we failed to compete without him is a testament to the ability of the man.

However I believe this year we will begin life after Fittler.

m0j0

Bench
nqboy said:
This is a fair point, no matter how much Roosters fans would like to ignore it.

You really believe that? I don't know any Roosters fans that try to ignore it. In fact, it's something that's weighed on our minds since the day we found out he was retiring, and something we've been lamenting since the 2004 GF. Nobody understands more than a Roosters fan how much Freddy meant to our team.

m0j0

Bench
TUFF TITAN said:
:lol: ANOTHER YEAR OF GOOSTERS RULES ,
HOW DO THEY DO IT LOL 2 WEEKS WHAT A JOKE ;()

Ouch! My eyes hurt!

You know what, One Brain Cell, maybe he should have pulled the Steve Price defence and claimed his eyes were closed. He might have got off scot-free.

Seriously though, a grade three reckless seems fair. He didn't launch into the tackle, he was actually aiming down if anything. It was a poorly timed hit that was unfortunate to collect Walker in his (rather ample) head. I've seen swinging arms get lesser charges. I was surprised that he didn't suffer more from loadings, but that's the way it turned out.

Danish

Referee
DJ1 said:
Stuart or Fittler?

With Fittler, 76 Games
Wins 59 (77.6% wow)

Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

So its hovering around the same level as Folkesy's record without Price??

Cammo

Bench
Danish said:

Folksey's record last season was not just without Price, it was without most of the 1st Grade squad through the season.

DJ1

Juniors
Choppies said:
DJ1 said:
Stuart or Fittler?

With Fittler, 76 Games
Wins 59 (77.6% wow)

Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

Those stats are just a credit to how great he was.
Just a point on 2005. Who is to say that had Fittler stayed on another season we would have done any better than we did?

The stats say that you would have gone better with Fittler. Stuart is a myth.

If the Roosters fail to reach the semis this year they will have a record of 15 years and only 1 year of semi final attainment when you exclude the years that Fittler was at your club.

Stuart was handed the Origin coach role. The role was not advertised. The NSWRL did not canvas which coaches were interested. You or I could have coached that team to success. Stuart has now been handed the National coach role without any expressions of interest requested.

Here is the impact of the Roosters without Fittler.

1983 6th No Semis
1984 12th No Semis
1985 7th No Semis
1986 9th No Semis
1987 2nd Semis
1988 12th No Semis
1989 11th No Semis
1990 14th No Semis
1991 11th No Semis
1992 6th No Semis
1993 8th No Semis
1994 14th No Semis
1995 9th No Semis
1996 to 2004 - Fittler Semis every year.
2005 9th No Semis
2006 ?

The players looked very dissinterested in what was going on and games seemed like a chore to them. Now a bad attitude in a team can get to great players and affect their performance.

But a great coach will not let this occur. You have answered your own questions.

Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

Stuart = Myth

DJ1

Juniors
Danish said:

Folkes was coaching a predominantly premier league squad last year.

Danish

Referee
DJ1 said:
Folkes was coaching a predominantly premier league squad last year.

Was he??

Last i counted you never had more than a handful of REAL first graders out of the squad at any one time. You just kept injuring your replacements.

DJ1 said:
But a great coach will not let this occur. You have answered your own questions.

So what were those inspiring words folkes offered his then full strength forward pack with 6 rounds to go and on the verge of making the 8??

Your a crock of sh*t with these supposed "facts". Name me one great team, JUST ONE, that has succeeded without a star player in the side, and then hasn't struggled once that player left.

Idiot

DJ1

Juniors
Ricky Stuart Without Fittler, 31 Games
Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

Stuart = Myth

Danish

Referee
DJ1 said:
Ricky Stuart Without Fittler, 31 Games
Wins 12 (38.7%)
Losses 19 (61.3%)

Stuart = Myth

Who do you think is a good coach then??

....... this should be good

:edit: I'd also like some stats of this coach and their winning record without a single star player in the team. So don't go giving me Wayne Bennett. He's had Wally, Langer and Lockyer back to back.