What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Candidates 2016

Clear second tier, and they lifted them from spooners with pretty much the same squad.

We aren't going to beat the big clubs trying to do the same thing they do. We need to do something different.

Unfortunately our club don't have the stones to do something about that.

The jets have consistently finished 6th-4th over the last 10 years I am pretty sure

macavity

Referee
Of course we can.

The whole issue with our club over the last 20 years is we werent willing to do what the successful clubs were doing. You cant just say "oh we cant do that, lets just throw all convention out the window and try something different for the sake of it being different"

The blueprint for success is there for all to see, it just needs to be embraced by our backwards club

You forget the bit where the main part of the blueprint is "have access to TPAs"

Spot On

Coach
If he can teach our millionaires to tackle then I welcome him with open arms. Should have good knowledge of Q Cup players and jnrs in QLD as well. Gagai will be stoked.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...cess-on-a-budget/story-e6frf3su-1227482569089

I would like to try these guys out on a 2-3 contract..... Get some fresh ideas in here.

Don't follow broncos too closely.... How did griffin go when he was there?

Whilst I would like to see how they go, the issue is struture. All the lower teams need to play the same style to feed players into the NRL team.

I would like to see them given the oldest Junior team for a couple of years to see what results they bring. Then see whether the process is transportable into the higher grades.

Spot On

Coach
It really is a blight on the modern game when the Walker Bros. philosophy on coaching and style of play is looked at as unique. Really is a throw back to the past and a better brand (more entertaining) style of footy.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If he can teach our millionaires to tackle then I welcome him with open arms. Should have good knowledge of Q Cup players and jnrs in QLD as well. Gagai will be stoked.

Stone was supposed to bring the same thing re QCup and we got nothing

Griffin would be tough with the players but thats about all imo. He wouldnt bring much else imo given the way the Broncos played under his tenure. Lets not forget it was Griffin who played Hunt at hooker for all those years and persisted with Hoffman at 5/8

I think Griffin would be a mistake

Spot On

Coach
Yep good points JW. Is it possible he would have learnt from his errors???

He did have Peter Wallace playing half for a while there didn't he???? That said, Hoffman in the 6 was plain stupidity as the bloke doesn't know how to pass.

Joker's Wild

Coach
More importantly, where has Griffin been the last few years? Has he been learning under another coach? Is he even still coaching?

We know Brown has been at Melbourne and Brennan has been at Penrith

slotmachine

First Grade
Pass on griffin. Unless you enjoy ridiculous selections every week. He'd often go full sheenius and have an unused bench player.

Whats Doing

Bench
I think you will find that Brown is not doing much at all at Melbourne. Does some video work for Bellamy and thats about it. I don't think he is actually in Melbourne.

Griffen had good defensive structures but there were some questionable team selections such as Hoffman at 5/8.

perverse

Referee
So there's one bloke on the market who is 100% proven to be unable to do as good as Wayne Bennett with the same resources and essentially the same squad... and he's the bloke we want.

Look at how much better blokes like Thaiday got once Wayne got back there. Hunt came to life. Brisbane's biggest issue after Wayne left was ATTITUDE... and after that - shit team selections... and Wayne turned them around in a single bloody off season.

Holy shit I'm so over this club. Morons. Idiots. f**king clowns. There's no simpler answer than these idiots crave failure.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Trust me guys, you don't want Griffin. He is the sort of coach that gets cosy with the playing group and uses that as his job protection. He has absolutely no talent in Rugby League strategy but perhaps the one thing he is good at, you guys actually need most which is harsh discipline.

He is Toovey without the smarts.