What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Candidates 2016

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I will give Browny a huge tick.

Wasnt ready with us but he built the team that won a comp. As good a talent identifier and developer as I have seen. He creates NRL ready players. His weakness back then was his youth and his attachment to blokes he had played with. After 6 seasons in the UK that isnt an issue any more. Sure, he won a comp with St Helens, bur his true value showed at Huddersfield, who have many similarities with Newcastle.

He is also a champion bloke from the north coast and the type Newcastle can embrace.

He will turn you around. He is the only choice. Will take 5 years, but he will do it.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The top teams can move on whoever they want because the guy they get to replace the unwanted player is paid bugger all under the cap.

We don't have those luxuries.

On the face of it I will be disappointed if Brown gets it. I simply do not understand what makes him an attractive candidate.

Brennan is impressive, but I honestly want us to give the Walker Bros a shot because we are never going to win just doing what the other teams do - we need outside the box thinking and they are the first since Bellamy (cheat) to do it in a big way. It may be a disaster, but it will be a flaming one instead of the drudgery we have copped since Smith left. And it might just be a huge success. It won't be boring that's for sure, and not-boring is what we need right now.

I agree, Nathan Brown is about as attractive a proposition as his surname.

If we were to go for a rookie I would go for Brennan mostly out of the respect I have for Gus Goulds thoughts on the game

I'd consider throwing the Walkers in at NSW Cup and see how they go.

Agree with your comment on Bellamy by the way. Cheating wrestler who should go down in history as such.

Noname36

First Grade
Brennan may be a good coach (who knows really - Gus also thought Cameron Ciraldo was a good player so his opinion isn't always right) - however if the club employs another local now i'll give up hope that they've learnt anything.

Brown doesn't exactly excite me either but I think he'd be one of the better options easily.

I would stop supporting this club if HAGAN was given the job, up until he left or was sacked. He has no business being anywhere near us. He only played here from '89-'93 and some eejit gave him the coaching job. Still probably telling himself how he out thought Smithy in 2001. No Hagan you got lucky. Joey ran his forwards relentlessly at Jason Taylor. More to the point they outscored us 24-6 in the second half. classic hagan.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Beau Scott just endorsed Sheens for the job, his final shafting of us before he leaves.

otori

Juniors
Lel a mystery candidate.

"You can select any of these three candidates or try your luck with the mystery box."

Gidley: "The box. The box!"

Haffa

Lel a mystery candidate.

"You can select any of these three candidates or try your luck with the mystery box."

Gidley: "The box. The box!"

Mcguigan in the background "is it a magic box? that's what we need"

Latest posts