What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Revesby boy

Juniors
People just give this some thought, we as a collective All want a New coach,we all want the Dragons to be successful But depending on who’s post you’re reading even We can’t agree on who should be our Next Coach so how the f**k can a disjointed board make up their minds….. throw darts at a wall with names on it ??? For what its worth I like Ryles but wouldn’t be unhappy with Cheika.

justadragon

Bench
People just give this some thought, we as a collective All want a New coach,we all want the Dragons to be successful But depending on who’s post you’re reading even We can’t agree on who should be our Next Coach so how the f**k can a disjointed board make up their minds….. throw darts at a wall with names on it ??? For what its worth I like Ryles but wouldn’t be unhappy with Cheika.
Isn't that how they selected the last 3 coaches :))

jay mac

Juniors
It was 6-6 when Sulli got sinbinned which he should not have mind you. What a pathetic excuse. I have never seen a kid treated so poorly as Bud by a coach. I really feel for this kid as he cannot be in a good state after what happened.
I've done the stats:
During Mbye's time on the field this season - Dragons 86 - Opposition 149
During Mbye's time off the field this season - Dragons 122 - Opposition 106

I've done the stats:
During Mbye's time on the field this season - Dragons 86 - Opposition 149
During Mbye's time off the field this season - Dragons 122 - Opposition 106

Brooksy would be jealous of that.

With the news of Bellamy’s selfish extra year, if Ryles doesn’t sign by 5pm today I say tear up his application, put it in shredder and send it back to him in little pieces with a reference from Albert to help him at the knights or titans.

Let the lend end.

RedVee_8

Juniors
I still can't get the Ryles was a prop out of my mind, every time I have heard him in interviews he never sounded too bright to me - leaning towards Hornby on gut feel provided we have a re-stocked footy dept. Flanno is a no go for mine, too much baggage and don't like the media cross over and Des looks like he's in the too hard basket (although I think he'd get us back to finals quickest of all candidates)
Jack Gibson was a prop, Harry Bath, Artie Beetson. They did ok as coaches.

Mojo

Bench
Apart from Bennett, it’s trial and error. What’s made Saints a shitfight is the inability to acknowledge error. The best managers recognise their mistakes early and respond quickly.

Dea

Juniors
Hook isn’t working and it will be best for all to bring his time to an end. all the candidates mentioned have pros and cons. I’m at the place where I simply want one of them to be announced and we move forward with game tactics, improved team selection and bench management. We have to go to market and pick up a few players and we can’t do that at present. I feel stuck in Ground hog day where everything is bad and we just keep reliving it week after week.

Mojo

Bench
Hopefully this is the week the cancer is removed from the club. What a disgrace of a man with his treatment of poor Sullivan. I like how the powerbrokers are sticking up for the young kid and deeply concerned if all reports are correct.

1st thing the coach is to do is chat to these young kids who are probably damaged mentally from this absolute moron of a man. It was 6-6 when Sulli got sinbinned which he should not have mind you. What a pathetic excuse. I have never seen a kid treated so poorly as Bud by a coach. I really feel for this kid as he cannot be in a good state after what happened.
Until now, I chose not to give credence to comments about Hook‘s personal views but his deep biases stuck out like the proverbial dog’s balls on Saturday.

No wonder there’s a divided squad and damaged culture at the club.

I now strongly believe he should never have been appointed.

getsmarty

Immortal
The Jubilee Avenue cone of silence strikes again.

I’ll get @This Year? to pm me.

He’ll either let me know or send me a photo of him cuddling my wife on my sofa today.

She hasn’t given me that naughty smile since the 1990s.

Captn

Juniors
How come if the board is so incompetent we haven’t had a leak of who the new coach is? (Creditable)
Nobody on these or other forums is none the wiser.
Do they know?
Or have we collectively undersold the board?
The great guessing games at the dragons continue.
You would think with what has been mooted to be going on over the last couple of months they should have someone appointed.

getsmarty

Immortal
How come if the board is so incompetent we haven’t had a leak of who the new coach is? (Creditable)
Nobody on these or other forums is none the wiser.
Do they know?
Or have we collectively undersold the board?
The great guessing games at the dragons continue.
You would think with what has been mooted to be going on over the last couple of months they should have someone appointed.

Not necessarily...more to it...

Latest posts