What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

barry

Juniors
Hasler for mine.
Think there is more of an upside to an experienced premiership winning coach.
Would like to think he would also be more of an attraction for bringing desperately needed new blood into our club.
Would also like to see Scott Fulton join us as the new recruitment manager.
It taken the bulldogs 10 years to recover (they are still not there yet) from the mess Des Hasler left behind.
They couldn’t wait to sack him, even paid him out. Same thing with Manly, not even the pride jersey debacle could save his job, they too were happy to pay him out to move him on… hell they even hired Anthony Seibold to replace him !
I can’t take a coach that considered Aiden Tolman the best prop in the game seriously.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'll start by saying its obviously the right move sacking Griffin .......BUT !!!!!!! there's a lot of stable clearing before weve got the right livestock in place......put it this way I sincerely hope we are making some progresss this time next year...don't want to appear negative but most on here will be buoyed by the imminent appointment of a new coach but we would be foolish to think this is going to be a quick fix.....first thing this club has to do is find its SOUL again then everything else should fall into place one way or the other

Dragon David

First Grade
Just a thought if we want something from left field, why dont we get the Walker brothers as interim and see what they can do over the rest of the season and if they work out well, keep them there as AC's.
Worth a try I guess. Not too sure though what they have been up to lately.

A poem

A forum rumour went around
Ryles has the gig
Someone’s mothers second cousin
Said its going to be him

While in the taj this evening
Drunk as I could be
I overheard sowies ex
Saying “Hornbys gots the gigs”

I heard the poker machine going off
Five Marys in a row
I checked to see what it was paying
The gambler said it must be broke.

Hooks slumped into the corner
Staring into space
Ben is passed out next to him
Matty Elliot sober but off his face

Lomax is parked out on the road
He’s banned for one more day
But given his nsw cup game just past
He may have a longer wait.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'll start by saying its obviously the right move sacking Griffin .......BUT !!!!!!! there's a lot of stable clearing before weve got the right livestock in place......put it this way I sincerely hope we are making some progresss this time next year...don't want to appear negative but most on here will be buoyed by the imminent appointment of a new coach but we would be foolish to think this is going to be a quick fix.....first thing this club has to do is find its SOUL again then everything else should fall into place one way or the other

Exactly this.

Although the demise of Griffin is imminent, it's going to take a whil3 to rid the players, and I mean ALL the players, of the current ideology.

New coach. New ideas, but they will take a while to implement. Even having an interim with their ideas will cause some confusion at first.

It just won't be the quick fix some may think.

justadragon

Bench
I will give all my support to whoever takes over, I understand there are no miracles, but i would like to see steady progress with us for 2 seasons and begin to be very competitive after that. Meanwhile for the rest of the season, I want to see the harnesses and shackles come off, I want to see good attacking footy and an improvement on defense. But most of all I want to see some pride and an enjoyment for the Red V players and supporters. Put a bloody smile back on our faces.

BLM01

First Grade
Exactly this.

Although the demise of Griffin is imminent, it's going to take a whil3 to rid the players, and I mean ALL the players, of the current ideology.

New coach. New ideas, but they will take a while to implement. Even having an interim with their ideas will cause some confusion at first.

It just won't be the quick fix some may think.
These same words were said when Hook took over
We won 4 out of our first 5 in 2020
How did it all unravel...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I will give all my support to whoever takes over, I understand there are no miracles, but i would like to see steady progress with us for 2 seasons and begin to be very competitive after that. Meanwhile for the rest of the season, I want to see the harnesses and shackles come off, I want to see good attacking footy and an improvement on defense. But most of all I want to see some pride and an enjoyment for the Red V players and supporters. Put a bloody smile back on our faces.
Yes mate I agree....and let's give the kids a proper go and not replaced by used by journeymen

Draginzaaar

Bench
Just a thought if we want something from left field, why dont we get the Walker brothers as interim and see what they can do over the rest of the season and if they work out well, keep them there as AC's.
So you want them to move to Wollongong for a few months?

Illusion

Bench
If true the race is back on ...... Coaching preference for 2024
They straighten up for the run home and it's Ryles by 3 strides closely followed by Hornby on the inside , a further 2 strides behind Flanno and Des , Hook is gone , getting close to home , Hornby closing in on Ryles , Flanno and Des closing the gap its anyone's race , but down the outside , coming from nowhere , it's D. Young they hit the line , and...

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
They straighten up for the run home and it's Ryles by 3 strides closely followed by Hornby on the inside , a further 2 strides behind Flanno and Des , Hook is gone , getting close to home , Hornby closing in on Ryles , Flanno and Des closing the gap its anyone's race , but down the outside , coming from nowhere , it's D. Young they hit the line , and...
".......looks like a genetic developed print will have to sort this one out"

jak

Bench
are you even a little bit surprised that young is back in the race

Latest posts