What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Dragon David

First Grade
I think the club is doing its' due diligence on Flanagan. Doust, having been dead set against Flanagan being the head coach, might still be waving his arms all over the place and saying lots of negative stuff. Somehow, I sense that Flanagan will not get the gig. There are several negatives with his resume that outweigh his positives I think and as I have said many times before, this is the opportune time now to get someone who can be trusted to do a job that will take a bit of time because of the mess the club is in, but get it done for the betterment of the future of the club.

56to66

Juniors
Ben Hunt is probably the best Blues half back, correction he is a QLDer, FMD in all honesty without him we would be total Wooden Spooners all day long!
I hear typically on the Media, he should go to a premiership winning club, ok Bulldogs haha he win a comp Tommorrow 🤣
St George will win a comp before the Berries

redVinme

Juniors
Ben Hunt is probably the best Blues half back, correction he is a QLDer, FMD in all honesty without him we would be total Wooden Spooners all day long!
I hear typically on the Media, he should go to a premiership winning club, ok Bulldogs haha he win a comp Tommorrow 🤣
St George will win a comp before the Berries
The be fair we are last right now with him playing

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't think Des is interested in any coaching job at the moment, full stop.

Afterall - I think the guy has had two massive pay outs in the last five years because he's been released early from his last two contracts?

Anyway - when can we expect Shane Flanagan to be announced as our new long term head coach ?
I'm pretty sure everything is still on the table. Including Hasler.

Crush

Coach
Everyone can win with the below set up.
Head Coach, Shane Flannigan
Assistant Coach, Dean Young
Assistant Coach, Ryan Carr
Recruitment, Nathan Brown
St George old boys are happy, they get a couple of their mates on the payroll again. WIN are happy, they get Flanno as HC, and the players are happy they keep Ryan Carr.
Fans will be happy too for the most part, apart from the odd fan that can’t see past Flannigans past indiscretion.

BLM01

First Grade
St George old boys are happy, they get a couple of their mates on the payroll again. WIN are happy, they get Flanno as HC, and the players are happy they keep Ryan Carr.
Fans will be happy too for the most part, apart from the odd fan that can’t see past Flannigans past indiscretion.
Who is GM of football?. That is one of the most important decisions we need to make
Haran is a hurdle and bump in the road

denis preston

First Grade
I find it’s interesting with Dank, he was working with Des at that time and is kept hush hush. The medical profession have been using Peptides and steroids for years so has the military.
In rugby league Graham Olling was on a course of steroids in the 70’s, 80’s it wasn’t illegal and it didn’t make him superhuman, biggest thing out if it would be the body’s recovery and injuries. In league your body is so sore after a game it’s not funny it takes days for the soreness to go. That is where the peptides idea and its available use evolved.
I think the club is doing its' due diligence on Flanagan. Doust, having been dead set against Flanagan being the head coach, might still be waving his arms all over the place and saying lots of negative stuff. Somehow, I sense that Flanagan will not get the gig. There are several negatives with his resume that outweigh his positives I think and as I have said many times before, this is the opportune time now to get someone who can be trusted to do a job that will take a bit of time because of the mess the club is in, but get it done for the betterment of the future of the club.
Who??? Flanagan is the best candidate by miles & has paid his debt for his sins. He can’t be trusted ?wouldn’t you think he has learnt from the past , as he has stated ? Can’t see what negatives he has that outweigh his appointment. What is wrong with a very competitive coach, better than a Hook or burp from the past .

denis preston

First Grade
Omg the Dragons have been complete Angels, role model too all humanity, leading by example.
Bring on the cleanest dud, so the mi
What about an experienced successful football manager ?