What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commission to outlaw 'shoulder charge'

Should the Shoulder Charge be banned?

• Total voters

Dragonwest

Juniors
Without the shoulder charge this is still the greatest game of all.

Will the "fans" who "revolt" offer to pay the comps legal bills when they get sued for allowing something that medical experts are saying is dangerous to happen.

Even with no shoulder charge it takes courage and balls to run the ball up into a wall of man mountains. Anyone who thinks RL is soft without the shoulder charge knows very little about the game they think they love.

Seriously Bunniesman how many games of Rugby League have you played in your life?

Springs

First Grade
I hope the RFL has some sense and tells the ARL to just f**k off with the shoulder charge ban shit, and keep the ban away from the international game as well.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So where are all those ARLC cheerleaders at now?:D
I was criticial of them on several issues like the CEO thing and the fixtureing and even the details of the tv rights deal. But this decision on shoulder charges is unpopular, it is brave and it is the right thing to do.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Not in favour of this decision.
If the shoulder charge goes wrong, you penalise and perhaps suspend but if it doesnot hit the neck and/or head then it all good.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You plebs are refusing to see the facts, to see reality and are getting all over emotional on an issue you're very ignorant about.

Once multiple medical experts warned against the shoulder charge the NRL was obliged to do something or future lawsuits would point to the warnings that were given to prove the NRL knew of the problem and did nothing about it.

Pugzley

if you had a quarter of something resembling a brain, youd realise the outcry was against...wait for it...illegal shoulder charges. banning the shoulder charge is fcking ridiculous. terrible decision.

f**k you and your f**king delusions spastic. Young was slipping and Inglis' teamate had his arms around Young's leg before Inglis hit him with a LEGAL shoulder charge. Watch it more than once you dumb merkin.

195744_114074418679972_5432258_n.jpg

roughyedspud

Coach
for me...its all about the position of the arms of the tackler...

shoulder-charge-310812.jpg

thats a bad one.......inglis had gone into that tackle as if he's running to smash down a door.....i don't have a problem in that being banned....but for me if inglis' right arm was out to the side and he'd hit the st george player square on in more of a "ball & all" wrap up big hit..thats fine.

take simon dwyers big hit on JWH a couple of years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ILh-w5LPYo&feature=related

dwyer has set himself,arms apart....boom!...nothing wrong with that imo

gronkathon

First Grade
Seriously though if Melbourne can stay a step ahead of the rule makers on grappling etc they will adapt to allow the big hit in a different form.

dragonslover682

Juniors
@the f**kwit that said what do we have now that distinguishes us from Union. How about all the f**ken important things. Strength, speed, agility, more skill, more attack, more tries. You know...all the f**king important things. Not an archaic inefficient and ineffictive tool that belongs in the 20th century.

I'm guessing you are referring to my comment?

If so, i did not say "what do we have now that distinguishes us from Union" I simply said it is one of the best things we have over union.

Lol @ you for implying that union doesnt require strength, speed or agility.... you are the f**kwit. Good day to you sir :)

Dragonwest

Juniors
Bunnieman you have "forgotten" to answer the question above
..... Seriously how many games of Rugby League have you played in your life?

It would be interesting to know considering your lecturing people on "knowing very little about the game they think they love".

LESStar58

Referee
Terrific. Let's just outlaw contact above the arm pits just like mini and mod footy.

Joke of a decision. The ARLC want to sanistise the game to pander to the PC brigade so more mums will let their kids play.

what an absolute crock of shit, piss poor decision
the nrl had it right last year if contact is made with the head, deal with it case by case
I didnt see anything wrong woth the inglis hit, it was nothing more than the fact that in a contact sport like our great game, things can go wrong, shit happens whoopdey f**king do.
harden up thats footy

reanimate

Bench
@the f**kwit that said what do we have now that distinguishes us from Union. How about all the f**ken important things. Strength, speed, agility, more skill, more attack, more tries. You know...all the f**king important things. Not an archaic inefficient and ineffictive tool that belongs in the 20th century.

Stop trying to sound tough. Part of the game's identity has just been killed and you're in here acting like a complete tool. Plastering your verbal diahorrea all over the site isn't helping anything. If you actually love Rugby League, then shut up.

Bunniesman speaks with common sense on this issue......to all the drama queens who think that Rugby League is not the greatest game of all because the shoulder charge has been banned......kindly stick your head up your arse and f**k off and support Rugby Union

......but before you do check these out....not a single shoulder charge to be seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXgIZSLveb0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2ahp3bXbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z1T_2HS7l4&feature=related

BunniesMan

Immortal
Stop trying to sound tough. Part of the game's identity has just been killed and you're in here acting like a complete tool. Plastering your verbal diahorrea all over the site isn't helping anything. If you actually love Rugby League, then shut up.
The thing is I'd rather the game not go bankrupt. That's what would happen if we get the lawsuits the NFL is facing. The NRL has been warned by the experts. It had no choice but to do this. Anyone opposed to this ban is blindly ignoring the medical and legal risks involved with allowing shoulder charges to happen. If YOU (and your mates who share your opinion) actually love rugby league, you would know this is a necessary and unavoidable step to protect rugby league in the long term and you would accept it.