What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
I should mention that Tinkler's group are denying that they've made an offer, although they'd have to given the situation wouldn't they?

That said, if they really didn't make an offer, and the Knights deny that they did as well, then who has offered $500k a season for a prop?

One thing's for sure, if Snowden does end up at the Knights, the whole deal will stink to high hell.

I should mention that Tinkler's group are denying that they've made an offer, although they'd have to given the situation wouldn't they?

That said, if they really didn't make an offer, and the Knights deny that they did as well, then who has offered $500k a season for a prop?

One thing's for sure, if Snowden does end up at the Knights, the whole deal will stink to high hell.

Imho there is no prob if a Tinkler representive warned Snowden to hold off on signing because their could be another offer on the table in the near future. It was then up to Snowden whether he went ahead and signed with the Sharks or held off for a while.

gronkathon

First Grade
With the money the Sharks are spending on Gallen and the offer they made to Snowden it has become very clear as to why their halves and hooker are directionless and sh*t

DJShaksta

First Grade
Imho there is no prob if a Tinkler representive warned Snowden to hold off on signing because their could be another offer on the table in the near future. It was then up to Snowden whether he went ahead and signed with the Sharks or held off for a while.
No problems with that at all RossterBooster, except 24 hours ago Snowden said he was happy to resign with the Sharks, hes about loyalty, all his mates are there, yadda yadda yadda.

With the money the Sharks are spending on Gallen and the offer they made to Snowden it has become very clear as to why their halves and hooker are directionless and sh*t

350 k for 2 years isnt all that much in the scheme of things.

topou's contract is bigger

Rogue.9

Juniors
No chance in hell of a contract being registered if funded by a person with no offical role in the club.
However if Tinkler gets the nod, then Snowden magically turns up at Newcastle then time for Schubert to comb the books.
They can register some of it as a third party deal.

TheRam

Coach
Snowden hasn't done anything wrong. The Sharks tried to rush him into a deal but at the 11th hour a bigger and better offer came along. Now he has to be given the right to take his time to assess his options.

So lets see if he were to take this new option, he would be playing for his home town, in front of massive parochial crowds and ultimately for a much, much better team, that would be backed by a bizillionaire, and all the opportunities that would cascade into his lap by being part of such an obvious winning franchise both on and off the field and probably have huge opportunities post retirement if he chooses to stay involved.

Now I asks yous, what would you do? Stay and play for Clap Trap Cronulla who have nothing to offer other then the love of a few hardy souls on the peninsular with no chance in the whole wide freakin world of a premiership in the short, medium or long term, or sprint as fast as humanly possible over to the new and improved, dynamic Newcastle Knights with a limitless array of possibilities for you to be part of and take advantage of?

Hmmm...What to do, what to do, what to...

Bench
Dont get excited Tigers fans, he's a fake. He was a few years below me in high school and its like playing against a 6 year old, no strength, no aggressiveness, just a ballerina who goes off with tears in his eyes when he gets hit.
Thats what the critics said of Benji too,so who knows how good he could become.

Snowden hasn't done anything wrong. The Sharks tried to rush him into a deal but at the 11th hour a bigger and better offer came along. Now he has to be given the right to take his time to assess his options.

So lets see if he were to take this new option, he would be playing for his home town, in front of massive parochial crowds and ultimately for a much, much better team, that would be backed by a bizillionaire, and all the opportunities that would cascade into his lap by being part of such an obvious winning franchise both on and off the field and probably have huge opportunities post retirement if he chooses to stay involved.

Now I asks yous, what would you do? Stay and play for Clap Trap Cronulla who have nothing to offer other then the love of a few hardy souls on the peninsular with no chance in the whole wide freakin world of a premiership in the short, medium or long term, or sprint as fast as humanly possible over to the new and improved, dynamic Newcastle Knights with a limitless array of possibilities for you to be part of and take advantage of?

Hmmm...What to do, what to do, what to...

If I was Kade Snowden I tell you what I would do.

I would re sign for Cronulla for the generous two year deal that has been offered to me.

Knowing that my previous Club (Newcastle) couldn't have cared less what happened with my playing future and cut me free thinking that I would amount to nothing. I would also not sign up for Newcastle because the Club has a history of drugs and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that sort of culture that has existed up there.

I would also not join the Knights because their Club is in disarray with an uncertain future. The basket case of a Club is torn down the middle about an arrogant egomaniac millionaire trying to take control of the Club. There is no certainty he will be allowed to take over. If he does there is no certainty in what style of ownership will be in place.

But on the more positive side I would take up Cronulla's generous two year deal because they believed in me and have developed me into a SOO front rower. I would also stay in Cronulla because I have some my very best mates are at the Club. I would also stay because the Club is on the verge of a very exciting era with financial security becoming shored up more and more by the day. I would also stay because I am in one of the best packs in the NRL if not the best and this will surely help keep my impressive form ongoing.

More importantly I would take the Sharks two year deal over Newcastle's 4 year deal because in two years time I would be an Australian front rower and able to command a far bigger pay check!!

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench

I would re sign for Cronulla for the generous two year deal that has been offered to me.

Knowing that my previous Club (Newcastle) couldn't have cared less what happened with my playing future and cut me free thinking that I would amount to nothing. I would also not sign up for Newcastle because the Club has a history of drugs and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that sort of culture that has existed up there.

I would also not join the Knights because their Club is in disarray with an uncertain future. The basket case of a Club is torn down the middle about an arrogant egomaniac millionaire trying to take control of the Club. There is no certainty he will be allowed to take over. If he does there is no certainty in what style of ownership will be in place.

But on the more positive side I would take up Cronulla's generous two year deal because they believed in me and have developed me into a SOO front rower. I would also stay in Cronulla because I have some my very best mates are at the Club. I would also stay because the Club is on the verge of a very exciting era with financial security becoming shored up more and more by the day. I would also stay because I am in one of the best packs in the NRL if not the best and this will surely help keep my impressive form ongoing.

More importantly I would take the Sharks two year deal over Newcastle's 4 year deal because in two years time I would be an Australian front rower and able to command a far bigger pay check!!
If you were Kade Snowden, I think you'd be in an institution.

AuDragon

Juniors

There are not that many players with those kind of ethics left in RL, or for that matter any other high profile sport...

More than ever, $$$$$$$$ rules!

Bicey_18

Bench

:lol::lol::lol:

This has really affected you hasnt it?

Dragon Slayer :lol::lol:

Raiders re-sign Harrison

BY CHRIS DUTTON, RUGBY LEAGUE
03 Mar, 2011 09:36 AM
The Canberra Raiders have successfully fended off a recruiting raid from the Parramatta Eels to re-sign back-rower Bronson Harrison.
Harrison will announce this afternoon he has recommitted to Canberra for the next three seasons.
The 25-year-old joined the Raiders at the start of 2009.
Before coming to the capital, he was struggling to make it on to the Wests Tigers bench.
He has since transformed into one of the best second-rowers in the NRL and is crucial to Canberra's hopes of success into the future.
The New Zealand international is the Raiders first major re-signing this season. While they have recruited Matt Orford, Brett White and Blake Ferguson, they are now desperate to keep Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Joe Picker.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/raiders-resign-harrison/2092602.aspx

Bench
Raiders re-sign Harrison

BY CHRIS DUTTON, RUGBY LEAGUE
03 Mar, 2011 09:36 AM
The Canberra Raiders have successfully fended off a recruiting raid from the Parramatta Eels to re-sign back-rower Bronson Harrison.
Harrison will announce this afternoon he has recommitted to Canberra for the next three seasons.
The 25-year-old joined the Raiders at the start of 2009.
Before coming to the capital, he was struggling to make it on to the Wests Tigers bench.
He has since transformed into one of the best second-rowers in the NRL and is crucial to Canberra's hopes of success into the future.
The New Zealand international is the Raiders first major re-signing this season. While they have recruited Matt Orford, Brett White and Blake Ferguson, they are now desperate to keep Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Joe Picker.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/raiders-resign-harrison/2092602.aspx
Good work Canberra,I like Bronson,Sheens almost killed his career playing him at prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts