What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Good work Canberra,I like Bronson,Sheens almost killed his career playing him at prop.

Harrison signing with Raiders in the first place was the best possible move for his career no matter what! he should stay at raiders till he retires, potential to be a raiders modern legend

Godz Illa

Coach
Jason Nightingale extends with the premiers

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.a...&title=jason-nightingale-resigns-with-dragons

Jason Nightingale Resigns With Dragons

9/03/2011 9:24:28 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that winger Jason Nightingale has today agreed to a four-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Club at least until the end of 2015.
Nightingale, 24, played an instrumental role for the Dragons on the field throughout last season, including crossing the line twice in the NRL Grand Final to help the Club win an historic 16th Premiership.
The winger was also a key-member for the New Zealand international team that won the 2010 Four Nations tournament.
“I’ve signed a four year deal which I’m pretty happy about,” said Nightingale.
“I was pretty set in my thinking from the beginning that I wanted to stay at the Club and they indicated that they were very keen to keep me as well.
“I’m very proud of having grown-up in the St George area and spending the majority of my life here around Dragons fans.
“I mustn’t rest on the laurels of last year’s achievements but instead go into the season with as much confidence as last year.”
The former Renown United junior made his first grade debut for the Dragons in Round 8 of the 2007 season against the Penrith Panthers and has since played 81 NRL games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89rJgIF7uEw

gronkathon

First Grade
George Nadira has signed onto a second tier contract at Balmain to cover any loss of Farah.

No lonk but named this weekend

Borat.

Juniors
Chris Lawrence re-signs with Tigers for five years

AUSTRALIAN Four Nations centre Chris Lawrence has agreed to a massive five-year, $1.7 million deal to remain at the Wests Tigers. The Daily Telegraph understands he will announce his contract extension within days, giving a huge boost before tomorrow's match against the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval.

Canterbury are understood to have aggressively chased Lawrence but the lure of playing outside Benji Marshall ensured the star centre remained at Concord.

The Lawrence news comes on the back of South Sydney announcing yesterday that gun hooker Issac Luke had spurned interest from clubs including Parramatta to sign a four-year extension with the Rabbitohs worth nearly $1.5 million.

Luke always stated he wanted to remain at Redfern but the longer protracted negotiations dragged on, the more Souths fans feared he would walk.

The news comes as Souths prepare for Sunday's big match against Canterbury at ANZ Stadium, Homebush.

Luke led the Dally M Medal last year until injured mid-season, but still won the George Piggins Medal for Souths' best and fairest.

"I've said before that playing with my brothers every week is what I love and I regard South Sydney as my home," Luke said. "This is a dream come true."

Meanwhile, Roosters five-eighth Todd Carney will finally make his first appearance of the season after being cleared to play against Manly at the SFS on Sunday.

Carney, who has been recovering from off-season groin surgery, received physiotherapy yesterday morning and was then told he was ready.

Yet Roosters coach Brian Smith was hesitant to reveal whether he will slot straight into the starting side to play alongside in-form halfback Mitchell Pearce.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/18/3167882.htm?site=sport&section=all

The Bulldogs have terminated Ryan Tandy's contract, effective immediately.
Tandy is facing a number of charges in relation to the betting of the Bulldogs game against the Gold Coast Titans in June last year.
Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg says with Tandy refusing to answer questions about the matter, it became impossible for the club to continue his employment.
Mr Greenberg stressed the sacking has nothing to do with Tandy's innocence or guilt, saying it was Tandy's decision not to answer questions over the incident which forced the club to terminate his contract.
Player manager Sam Ayoub and former player John Elias have also been charged in relation to the betting probe.

BrisVegas

Juniors
Sam Williams, the Canberra Raiders U20 halfback who made his First Grade debut in Round 1, has signed a new contract that will see him remain at the Raiders until the end of 2013.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/young-raider-staying-20110319-1c1c7.html

Young Raider staying
Adrian Proszenko
March 20, 2011

A big week just got bigger for Sam Williams. The young Canberra halfback has topped off a memorable NRL debut - and his 20th birthday - with a new contract that will keep him in the nation's capital until the end of 2013. Williams received a late call-up to replace the injured Matt Orford for the round-one clash with Cronulla, and set up two tries. ''The Raiders are on the verge of pretty big things,'' said Williams, pictured right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts