What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlforever

Juniors
Sorry Parra scum you have missed out on this awesome winger!!

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...5714&title=duffie-signs-a-new-deal-with-storm

Melbourne Storm has delivered another major coup in their player retention strategy by announcing the re-signing of rising star Matt Duffie until the end of the 2014 season.

Duffie, 20, has enjoyed a meteoritic rise into NRL first grade after arriving in Melbourne as a 17 year old from Auckland at the end of 2008. The former schoolboy rugby union star played a key role in Storm’s NYC premiership throughout the following year and, less than 12 months later, made his NRL debut on Anzac Day against the Warriors.

Storm Head Coach, Craig Bellamy, was elated with the good news on the eve of another important match against the Penrith Panthers.

“This is another great boost for our club and we are really pleased Duff has committed for three more years,” Bellamy said.

“He is a great kid to coach, he has good pace and can find the try line. Most importantly, he has a strong desire to improve and is willing to learn, which is vital for him to become the player we all believe he can be.

“On the back of last week’s announcements on Slater, Proctor and Hinchcliffe, this result ensures our future roster remains on track, especially the core group of players from the 2009 NYC premiership winning team.”

Melbourne has fast become home for the 2010 Storm Rookie of the Year, establishing himself as a crowd favourite with regular displays of remarkable athleticism and an uncanny try scoring ability.

“This was a very big decision and I was really pleased to tell the boys before our team dinner last night, “said Duffie.

“I had some wonderful options to join other clubs with coaches who have played a big part in my life, but Storm is where I want to play my football and Melbourne is where I want to live.

“Craig was a major factor in my decision. I love being coached by him and I’m excited about the future under his coaching.

“We have a great bunch of players and staff down at Storm. Melbourne is definitely home for me now, so I couldn’t be happier."

Evenflow

Bench
Excellent news for the club, that makes it Slater, Proctor, Hinchy and now the Duff man to re-sign in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure Widdop will be the next priority and i'm pretty confident he'll stay given he's made a great start at 5/8 and looks to be a great long term solution there.

We're pretty much resigned to losing Blair which is a shame but $500k is just too much to pay and you can't blame him for one second taking that sort of coin. Someone else will come it to fill the breach as they always do so things are looking very good for the future, especially after the events of a year ago.

f**k i love being a Storm fan

thorson1987

Coach
Excellent news for the club, that makes it Slater, Proctor, Hinchy and now the Duff man to re-sign in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure Widdop will be the next priority and i'm pretty confident he'll stay given he's made a great start at 5/8 and looks to be a great long term solution there.

We're pretty much resigned to losing Blair which is a shame but $500k is just too much to pay and you can't blame him for one second taking that sort of coin. Someone else will come it to fill the breach as they always do so things are looking very good for the future, especially after the events of a year ago.

f**k i love being a Storm fan

It's f**king awesome isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.