What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borat.

Juniors
http://t.co/wW8txk5

7 April 2011 10:10AM EST Share
EXCLUSIVE: ENGLISH Captain James Graham is set to announce a three year deal to join the Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL.

• James Graham is on his way Down Under
    Getty Images

The signing is expected to be announced as soon as today with the St. Helens forward joining the club for next season.
Greg Eastwood, who recently returned from the Super League has played Graham, who earned the English captaincy last year during the four nation’s tournament last season, likening him to that of NSW Origin hopeful and team mate Aiden Tolman.
“I think he’s like your Aiden Tolman’s, keeps going all day, a real competitor,” Eastwood told nospam11.com.au.
“He’s tough, can last 80 minutes.
“That’s why he plays up front for England so if he can come here it’ll be great to have the two up front.”
The 25-year-old was being pursued be a number of clubs including the Roosters, Penrith and Parramatta - however it is the Bulldogs who have won the 2008 ESL Man of Steel’s prized signature.
The club has a number of players off contract for next year including Corey Payne, Andrew Ryan, Mickey Paea and retiring Michael Hodgson.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
He'll yeah, pumped for Graham coming, will compliment Tolman and give us a major boost to our pack

Didgi

The ever-expanding salary cap at Belmore at work again. Their salary manager is the magic pudding.

Charlie124

First Grade
Really? who's taking up all their cap space?

Ryan will probably go overseas or just retire, Idris is off to the Titans. Nobody in their backline would be commanding massive cash and thier forwards are pretty middle of the road.

RHCP

Bench
Really? who's taking up all their cap space?

Ryan will probably go overseas or just retire, Idris is off to the Titans. Nobody in their backline would be commanding massive cash and thier forwards are pretty middle of the road.
And the front loading and back loading. Lot's of that.

SDM

First Grade
Corey Payne was off contract? That explains why he has resembled a 1st grader for the last month.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
between hodkinson, keating, turner, payne, paea and tolman (aiden will get a massive increase in his next contract wherever it is) there wouldn't be alot spent. If you have 6 and 7 that are performing well together that are both on probably medium priced wages it would be a massive bonus to spending on the rest of the squad. Ryan and Idris would free up a fair chunk of the cap so it's not as ridiculous as it seems. I'm not sure what frank was bought for but int he pack i can only really see ennis and stagg getting decent amount of coin and morris being the only real "star" signing in the backline once idris leaves (though Barba will probably get a healthy upgrade if he hasn't already).

Could be way off with figures and be talking straight out of my ass as well lol

Johns Magic

Referee
between hodkinson, keating, turner, payne, paea and tolman (aiden will get a massive increase in his next contract wherever it is) there wouldn't be alot spent. If you have 6 and 7 that are performing well together that are both on probably medium priced wages it would be a massive bonus to spending on the rest of the squad. Ryan and Idris would free up a fair chunk of the cap so it's not as ridiculous as it seems. I'm not sure what frank was bought for but int he pack i can only really see ennis and stagg getting decent amount of coin and morris being the only real "star" signing in the backline once idris leaves (though Barba will probably get a healthy upgrade if he hasn't already).

Could be way off with figures and be talking straight out of my ass as well lol

I don't think Tolman would be on rookie money...he was posting big figures this time last year at the Storm, it was obvious he was a boom rookie and clubs would have been chasing him for sure.

dogslife

Coach
Tolman is on 250k if memory serves, the only ones above 300k are ennis, hodkinson and pritchard i believe, and they're all under 400k

boxhead

First Grade
As far as I remember, Pritchard was signed for $400K.
Hodkinson was apparently signed for $250K and I'm sure Keating was on a similar deal.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
why wouldn't Manly and Parramatta pay $250K to re-sign Hodkinson and Keating respectively ? You can bet they are getting more than $250.

Borat.

Juniors
Dogs definitely paid overs for Hodkinson- Manly still wanted him but because of DCE they were not prepared to spend up massively....

Now the dogs have re-signed payne and Ennis it makes you wonder how they can be under the cap enough to buy ANOTHER player???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts