What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie124

First Grade
Melbourne will turn him into a star, as theyve done with so many "tallentless nuffies" before. He'll end up a much better player there than he ever would have been if he stayed in Penrith.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Stewart Mills re-signs with Cronulla for 2 years.

Source Darryl Brohman on the radio.

Glad to see this Sharks junior stay loyal to his club after all his injuries.

Seems to have some talent and watching him the other w/e was like a flash back to the old Sharks players - Pierce, Bourke, Edmonds and co.

Now I wished that Sandow showed some loyalty to the club that stood by him and developed him.

The NRL needs to bring in a salary discount for clubs that develop their own juniors and place them in their NRL senior squad.

cb4

First Grade

Seems to have some talent and watching him the other w/e was like a flash back to the old Sharks players - Pierce, Bourke, Edmonds and co.

Now I wished that Sandow showed some loyalty to the club that stood by him and developed him.

The NRL needs to bring in a salary discount for clubs that develop their own juniors and place them in their NRL senior squad.

While I find it hard to disagree with you bro bear, Chris Sandow is not a Souths junior.

Delboy

First Grade
Bro Bear, not a bad idea, Parra juniors are everywhere, they sign someone a la Sandow and the loyalty argument is thrown up.

Can't win if you are a Penrith or Parra fan

Lol Sandow was sacked from the Titans

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bro Bear, not a bad idea, Parra juniors are everywhere, they sign someone a la Sandow and the loyalty argument is thrown up.

Can't win if you are a Penrith or Parra fan
1 Penrith junior has made his debut for Penrith in the last two years. I'm sure if they wanted to they could have brought through more juniors than that.

Tyrrell, McQueen and Peats Re-sign Until 2013

27 May 2011

[FONT=&quot]The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce two-year contract extensions for Dave Tyrrell, Chris McQueen and Nathan Peats.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tyrrell, McQueen and Peats have performed strongly this year and have earned extensions of their contracts until the end of the 2013 season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tyrrell, 22, joined the Rabbitohs in 2008 from the Easts Tigers in Brisbane, and will play his 30th NRL game this Monday against the Panthers. Tyrrell has played in nine of the Rabbitohs’ ten matches this year, proving to be a reliable option in the Rabbitohs’ forward pack.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]McQueen, 23, joined South Sydney in 2009 and despite an injury-interrupted NRL career to date, has proven valuable in the outside backs or the back row for the Club.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peats, 20, is a South Sydney junior who graduated to the Rabbitohs full time squad this season after captaining the South Sydney Toyota Cup side to the Grand Final last year. Peats made his debut in the Rabbitohs’ victory over the Sea Eagles in round four this season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson says this is a great reward for hard work for these three players.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These three guys have been some of the hardest working players in our squad over the past couple of years and thoroughly deserve their contract extensions,” Mr Richardson said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They are all young and have bright futures ahead of them, and we’re looking forward to watching them continue to progress in the South Sydney jersey.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tyrrell is excited about extending his contract.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’m very happy to be at Souths for at least the next two years and hopefully longer,” Tyrrell said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Souths is like home to me and I can’t see myself playing anywhere else.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]McQueen says he could not be happier about re-signing with the Club.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’m so proud to be a Rabbitoh and I’m so happy to be here for two more years at least,” McQueen said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Hopefully I can continue to play well and earn a spot playing first grade for this Club for years to come.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peats says he is living the dream of every Souths junior.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s every kid’s dream in the South Sydney district to wear the red and green in first grade and I’m getting to live that dream now,” Peats said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“To now have the opportunity to play for this Club for the next two years, and hopefully more years after that, is a dream come true.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biographies:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: Dave Tyrrell
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Position: Second row/Centre
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Junior Club: Easts Tigers
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Height: 186cm
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Weight: 100kg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL Games: 29 (all for the Rabbitohs)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL Points: 8 (2 tries)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL debut: Rabbitohs vs Panthers, ANZ Stadium, 10 July 2009 (Rd 18)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: Chris McQueen
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Position: Wing/Back row
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Junior Club: Kingaroy Red Ants
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Height: 188cm
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Weight: 98kg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL Games: 13 (all for the Rabbitohs)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL Points: 12 (3 tries)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL debut: Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles, Brookvale Oval, 8 August 2009 (Rd 22)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name: Nathan Peats
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Position: Hooker/Back row
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Junior Club: La Perouse
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Height: 180cm
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Weight: 92kg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL Games: 6 (all for the Rabbitohs)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRL debut: Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles, Bluetongue Stadium, 1 April 2011 (Rd 4)[/FONT]

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Clu...ntil-2013.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts